It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do Brits put up with this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

Originally posted by �any
I actually think it's a good idea.
Seen too many accidents by boy-racers ruin other people's lives to give a # about their personal freedoms.

Yeah, lets do that, and NOT HOLD ANYONE ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR OWN ACTIONS!

Don't force the people to suffer from the failure in the courts to commit to justice, and common law. By suppessing their de jure rights!

Stop putting words into my mouth.
If people are acting like twats and driving around like #ing idiots they don't DESERVE any #ing rights.
It's not a failure of the courts, it's a failue of an individual's consideration for others.
There's no #ing need for a car to go over 30 miles an hour in a residential area, so I think it's quite fine for there to be a switch in place that cuts off an engine if a person goes over and stays over 30 in a residential area.

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I see your point... Now, what will you tell the parents of the kid who got KILLED by the out of control car that was just shut down form a remote control?

The idea SHOULD be that if you are IDIOT enough to screw around like that (travelling multiple KPH over the limit in a residential zone) you lose your license until you are 21.

You only get your license back IF you agree to a control module like this. I will be DAMNED if I will allow ANYONE to apply such a unit to ANY of my automobiles (and CERTAINLY NOT my Harley!) when I am a very careful and courteous driver.

My OPINION is that if you can't control yourself someone will control you, no problem there. BUT if you have done NOTHING to deserve this type of censorship you should NOT have to suffer it.

Just my $0.02...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Dec, 29 2003 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Interesting topic.

Here in Toronto Canada, speeding is epidemic. This is one thing that I think the Americans are better on than many of the rest of us. They love to come up here to speed and I know from past experience that speeding is not excessive on many roads in the US.

What they did do here is start issuing a lot more speeding tickets and I think it has slowed things down a bit.

But I am surprised that it is such a problem in England because I thought there was only traffic jams there!

Just kidding.

I don't like the idea of invasive technology, there must be other ways to do this and in fact there are. I think they are using this as a poor excuse to install surveillance technology in most autos. As usual who will lose, the common citizen will and not the crook. The chop shops will easily disable the technology in a stolen car and still use it to commit a crime. How does this draconian use of technology prevent this from happening? It doesn't.

There are suitable ways to disable autos with wiring them up and connecting them and all their functions to eyes in the sky.

Jo

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Netcare

[Edited on 12-1-2004 by Jo]

Jo

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo

On a side note i was interested to learn that someone from South Africa had trained UK paramedics on gunshot trauma. I always thought that the Belfast Royal Infirmiry was a world leader on this - even training medics from as far away as Los Angeles.

Silk. Yes you are correct about the Belfast Royal Infirmary and I had one or two of them in my class aswell whilst lecturing at the Royal Marines base in Portsmouth.

What makes them world leaders is the fact that they are not narrow minded and actually came to my lecture to see if there is anything new to learn.

The following year a few of there medics soldiers even came for practical experience in SA at the Bragwanath hospital in Soweto and I will never forget hearing a soldier comment " My God, I have never seen so much blood in my life" we all had a good laugh at him whilst he stood there in a state of panic as we were tending to a victim.

As another point of interest. A South African medical company called Netcare is set to take over the management and running of all NHS hospitals in the UK soon.
(I bet you Brits are besides yourselves at the thought of Africans doing a better job than has been done so far) hahahahahaha!!!

But let's face it. The international community has recognised and accepted that top nurses, paramedics and doctors do infact come from South Africa and as such are in high demand internationaly.

I could go on for another two pages about South African accomplishment and how we regard western standards as far inferior to ours but this site will sum it up for you. www.proudlysouthafrican.com

Sorry to shatter your western world of perfection.

It has just been announced now on Sky news that South African company Netcare is to start the process of taking over from the NHS.

Check out these links.

Netcare
netcare911

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jo
(I bet you Brits are besides yourselves at the thought of Africans doing a better job than has been done so far) hahahahahaha!!!

As a Uk citizen - and one who is likely to need increased medical atention as time passes Jo - I, for one, have *no* hang ups about *who* treats me!!

My doctor (General Practitioner) is British Asian (Sikh) as are two of his partners - I've received nothing but first class care from them over the past 8 years or so that I've lived in this area of UK - anyways, it's be good to talk cricket with a Springbok!!

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Lucky you didnt have my doctor who coincidentally hung himself today. IN prison. He was Dr HArold SHipman. you may know him as the evil bastard who killed over 200 of his patiants and was jailed in 99/2000

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Dr Harold Shipman was ure doctor!?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   

For the record the Western Hemisphere - of which you are actually part should really be relabled the Northern Hemisphere

That's a bit close minded... isn't Australia also a part of the "western hemisphere"?

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Sometimes there are times when you need to floor it, to avoid an accident.

Amen to that, bro. Once, before the motor in my Firebird went the way of the dodo, I had to stomp that sumb*tch down and hit a hard left just to avoid some moron coming into ALOT of traffic from an on-ramp. I mean, he was going slow, but never stopped, lol.

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by GeniusSage
Dr Harold Shipman was ure doctor!?

He was, yeah. Substitute doc in fact. He would see me when ever my doc was unavailable. He murdered many of my neighbours and friends relitives. My best mate and his family are very VERY pissed off right now as he killed my mates gran and now he has escaped his punishment and has taken his evil secret to hell with him.

posted on Jan, 18 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
blimey.

pretty damned dodgy

posted on Jul, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Thankfully such a controlling mechanism has not been used by the police force, relying instead on speed cameras and check points in america.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join