It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America Mirroring Russia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Whilst America is still a very rich and powerful counry is it going the way of the old USSR. You have massive military spending at the expence of infastructure, 10% of the population own 90% of the wealth. The gap between rich and poor is a yawning chasm, social problems are out of control.

America is riddled with corporate fraud, vote rigging and corrupt officials, its miltary is being over stretched and its economy is in a precarious position.
Are the true glory days of the US over, that period before ww2 and just after, is it now on the slippery slope downwards.

Could we see a re mapping of the Union with the richer states whishing to break away from poorer problem states.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Wow, retarded analysis...try again please?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Investor dont call me retarded, if you disagree with my statement fine, but at least add something to the discussion rather than insulting remarks.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Investor dont call me retarded, if you disagree with my statement fine, but at least add something to the discussion rather than insulting remarks.

I don't need to add anything when the original post is so removed from reality.

Try again, simple as that.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Investor

If that was a "retard" anaylsis,then your response has to be a ignorant perspective.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I have to agree with investor this analysis is "retarded" to say the least.

Magic, are you an american?

yes, please try again as this blew up all over the launch pad and is so far removed from reality it migh qualify you for mental disability.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Xphiles so the points I raised are false are they, there is no vote rigging, no corporate fraud, no social problems, no super rich and poor.

Please prove it if I am wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Magicmushroom.. This isnt retalitory thread to Xfilesfans Thread about europes downfall now is it?
Besides, where are your facts that validate your claims magicmushroom?

As for americas "downfall" How about the recent European study that has estimated that the EU economy is only as developed as the US was 22 years ago. This does not even include the newest, poorer members of the EU like Romania and Bulgaria, which would drag down the EU stats even further. Furthermore, the EU has a growth rate slower than that of the US, guaranteeing that the gap will continue to widen.

Study: EU Economy 22 Years Behind U.S.
www.businessweek.com...

[edit on 043131p://4003pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Xphiles so the points I raised are false are they, there is no vote rigging, no corporate fraud, no social problems, no super rich and poor.

Please prove it if I am wrong.

Your observations may be fine, except vote rigging it's hard for anyone to "observe" such a thing we all have heard stories of dead people voting and etc...but still.

The observations are fine, the correlations to and interpretations that it is similar to Russia is what's "rediculous"

First: Russia has no history of corporatism so corporate fraud is hardly "mirroring" Russia.

Second: Russia's rich and poor is due to class institutions (Aristocracy and Peasants) and the switching of that class to Party Affiliations then subsequentlly a return to Aristocracy and Peasantry.

Within the US yes there's class differences - but they are NOT institutional. Any hard working impoverished "noob" can become rich such as the Black man in the movie "In Persuit of Happyness" I forget his name.

This is why I didn't want to bother - I'm only pointing out the obvious flaws in your argument...it's not the observations, it's the interpretations you need to work on. Analyze more.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:16 PM
link   
You forget one thing: The USA doesn't have a corrupt communist (mutilation of Marx's original ideals) type of government the USSR did, so its much more stable.

Regardless of your opinions on how unfair Capitalism may be, at least its much more stable than communism.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Investor

Pretty much..

IN FACT!!!!

I would hazard a guess mr. Magicmushroom is NOT even American!

If he is, he must not get out side and away from CNN very often.

The country is doing good given the situations we have endured in the past 7 years.. an economic collapse, terrorist attacks, 2 wars, and now maybe another market collapse.

Please, surely you could have done more research, and present your thesis with your research instead of rambling about how bad you personally think America is.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Magicmushroom is british I believe. I see this thread of his as a retaliatory thread to what Xphilesfan wrote about europe being "dead". Which in a sense it is. It just doesnt know it quite yet.

Europe is Giving Up on the Future
futurist.typepad.com...

Europe's Shame, Europe's Suicide
www.windsofchange.net...

It is Europe who he really needs to be worried about. NOT the United States of America!

[edit on 103131p://3303pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Okay, Investor, SemperFoo, and Xphiles need to keep their mouths shut, they have proven once more incapable of participating in ATS/PTS.

Magic, I once said the same thing, except differently. I've said that the U.S. is in many ways going the direction of the current Russian Federation, particularly military-wise. While Russia and the U.S. are different in a very many ways, what I am seeing in the U.S. is an economy and a military getting stretched to its breaking point. Definitely not the U.S.S.R., though. The U.S.S.R. was a totally different creature from the U.S.

None of it will happen overnight, but slowly, its going that way.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You forgot to mention the civilian spy force. I think Russia had that before if I remember correctly and you now have that too.

In fact I think you have Markus Wolf and a former KGB general helping with homeland security.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Well this is one more for how is the US becoming more and more like the former Soviet Union. The former Soviet Union, which is making a strong comeback.

"Wolf is the man that effectively built the East German state intelligence operation’s internal directorate," Martin continues. "He turned half the population into informants. That is his specialty, is taking a population, constructing the various state divisions, mechanisms of control, in order to organize informants within the population. That is his real specialty. And that is precisely, as Primakov has intimated, why Wolf is being brought in. The regime knows that once all of Patriot II is in law and they begin working on Patriot III, they will then begin to establish the internal mechanism to coordinate, as an official function of state, a system of informants. Wolf’s speciality was to turn East Germany into the greatest and most efficient informant state ever created."

On a radio appearance earlier today Martin stated that the admission that Wolf would be hired was made in a BBC radio interview given by the former head of the KGB, General Yevgeni Primakov.

Martin had previously reported that Primakov had been hired as a consultant by the US Department of Homeland Security to implement CAPPS II and the national iD card system which he dubbed an 'internal passport'.

Sources close to Martin have told Alex Jones confidentially that the appointment of Wolf was also confirmed by a US Congressman.

I am more concerned that some countries lately have a civilian spy force that would put the former East Germany to the blush, not to mention Russia.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:30 AM
link   
You forgot to mention the civilian spy force. I think Russia had that before if I remember correctly and you now have that too.

In fact I think you have Markus Wolf and a former KGB general helping with homeland security.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Well this is one more for how is the US becoming more and more like the former Soviet Union. The former Soviet Union, which is making a strong comeback.

"Wolf is the man that effectively built the East German state intelligence operation’s internal directorate," Martin continues. "He turned half the population into informants. That is his specialty, is taking a population, constructing the various state divisions, mechanisms of control, in order to organize informants within the population. That is his real specialty. And that is precisely, as Primakov has intimated, why Wolf is being brought in. The regime knows that once all of Patriot II is in law and they begin working on Patriot III, they will then begin to establish the internal mechanism to coordinate, as an official function of state, a system of informants. Wolf’s speciality was to turn East Germany into the greatest and most efficient informant state ever created."

On a radio appearance earlier today Martin stated that the admission that Wolf would be hired was made in a BBC radio interview given by the former head of the KGB, General Yevgeni Primakov.

Martin had previously reported that Primakov had been hired as a consultant by the US Department of Homeland Security to implement CAPPS II and the national iD card system which he dubbed an 'internal passport'.

Sources close to Martin have told Alex Jones confidentially that the appointment of Wolf was also confirmed by a US Congressman.

I am more concerned that some countries lately have a civilian spy force that would put the former East Germany to the blush, not to mention Russia.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Okay, Investor, SemperFoo, and Xphiles need to keep their mouths shut, they have proven once more incapable of participating in ATS/PTS.

Hey....dont like the channel turn it. The owners of this site were gracious enough to give ppl like you with your inferiority complex, the option to ignore those they cant argue with. You didnt argue with anyone, just called out names.(trolled) And why the hell would I need to keep my mouth shut if I'm typing? Something tells me you didnt make it out of high school.

[edit on 123131p://1203pm by semperfoo]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Semper, Xphiles and Investor, this thread has nothing to do with the EU or anything else, my comments are based on observations of what is happening to the US both internally and abroad.

Russia was a superpower and at the moment is not I believe the US is going the same way. Internal strife is affecting the US, if you choose to beleive this or not is your choice. America's Foreign Policy is a shambles and will accelerate America's demise on the World stage.

Reality and thruth may make you feel uneasy but America's glory days are well past their sell by date.

I may add that I dont hold any particular political view, I'm not anti US or anything, if it was left to me there would be no individual nationalities, we are in essence residents of the Planet Earth. One day we may grow wise enough to realise that and focus our efforts and time to the real quest for human kind.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am not worried about what will happen to America, we have been through much harder times than we are in now. We will perservere and conquer whatever troubles lay before us as we have done many times before as a country. I know if hard times come, we can come together again to fix those problems and remain strong.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Quite right Luda, A fall from power does not mean a fall from grace, people irrspective of their nationality are very adept to changing environments, even when the US loses its crown it will be still a great nation and one that will have learnt a lot in a very short period of time.

This is all part and parcel of nation building, humility is a great leveller.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Quite right Luda, A fall from power does not mean a fall from grace, people irrspective of their nationality are very adept to changing environments, even when the US loses its crown it will be still a great nation and one that will have learnt a lot in a very short period of time.

This is all part and parcel of nation building, humility is a great leveller.

Never in human history has a world super power fell from its stance of domination without going out in a bloody fight that will effect nearly every living person on the planet.

IF America where to fall, you can bet we will lay waste to much of the world in effort to keep our heads above water..

America has not innitiated a war time economy since the 1940's and doing so now, you could see the true power of the American people. Not only do we have the largest production in the world, the most advanced military in the world.. we are also the third most populated country in the world, third only to uderdevelped India and China.

Even if America suffered an economic set back, we have the influencial ability, be it flexing our military might or with our Dollar to correct anything that comes before us, no one will surpass us. No one is close to surpasing us.

Honestly, like the rest in this thread, I would worry about the collapse of the European identity to be honest.. Europe has far more hyper liberal laws (big brother.. spying.. surveilance.. thats all LIBERAL LEFTIST MOVES NOT "NEOCON" .. The liberals are who I fear, not the conservatives.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join