It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, spitting in the face is crime, court rules

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Spitting in the face of another individual has to be the ultimate form of disrespect in my opinion. If I were punched in the face, it would not offend me half as much as if someone spit. Not exactly why I feel this way, but I do. I completely agree that spitting on other people should be a punishable offense. I don't think we are looking at any massive punishment for it, but it is certainly an anti-social behaviour that we can not, and should not, tolerate.

I support this as a punishable offense.

I couldn't have said it better
Even though I tried

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I have a question for anyone who thinks that spitting into someone's face shouldn't be a crime: what about someone blowing a ropy, mucous-laden snot-rocket into someone else's face? Saliva & nasal secretions are arm-in-arm (or, orifice-by-orifice) when it comes to pathogenic load.

I'm not a violent person, but short of actually being purposely "hit" by someone, I can think of only a couple of things that would send me into a Hulk-out rage...having someone spit in my face is one of those things.

Spitting into the face of another is a gesture equivalent to throwing poop at someone...it's simply more convenient (lightning-fast, no dropping trou, no messy cleanup for the thrower...the same cannot be said for the throwee).

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ezziboo]

[edit on 17-11-2008 by ezziboo]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Wow, it never ceases to amaze me how some people can turn anything into a right, left arguement. Wake up and realize that there is no right and left. They have you soooo under their control.
post by Griff

That is such a centralistic thing to say .

Why don`t you get off the fence , and tell us what you really think .

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
If you spit on someone in a malicious way, purposely trying to show your anger in this disgusting way then yes, it should be deemed assualt. But if you accidentaly do it when you talk, or if you can't help it because of health reasons, or if you're greek and do it out of tradition, then obviously it can't be assault.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Wow, I wish I'd kown this a few weeks ago. I'd be pressing charges.

posted on Nov, 24 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
As I understand it in the UK, the simple act of "appearing" to be on the verge of attacking someone is classed as assault, the actual act of hitting someone is battery - hence the charge of assault and battery.

So if you raise your arm as if to strike, but don't strike, you are still technically committing an offence.

But hey, it's the UK, normal rules do not apply.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Not just AIDS though, there's so much other stuff you can receive if they spit in your face. Like with the whole stuff with VH1, where Pumkin spit on New York on "Flavor of Love", she could actually get arrested if she did it now. But that was good t.v! No offense.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

you can't contract HIV through spit. idiot.

posted on Dec, 14 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
"walking on my spit in the street? "

Well, I would much rather step in somebody's spit than have to avoid a pile of dog crap or vomit on the sidewalk. Spit doesn't stink to high heaven, dog crap and vomit does.

I knew spitting on someone could result in assault charges, but in all honesty, I never gave it one minute's thought until I read this thread. I know it's a problem in prisons/jails, etc., but it never even occurred to me that people outside that environment would spit in another's face. I'm 60 years old and never in my life have I even HEARD, much less seen, people spitting on others. I have been spit at by the little ones in the family. They got their little butts busted big time (by their parents). I seriously doubt any of them will ever spit on someone else again.

I really am in shock hearing that there are people outside a jail environment
that spit on others! Guess ya' learn something new everyday!

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
i was spat on yesterday... and almost beat the person. he was hiding in his car so i busted the window, the cops showed up and i was charged for criminal mischief. does the person who spat on me get charged with anything?

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Spitting in the face is considered assault....don't ask me how I know that...but it is.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Huh, I spit in some brain washed beast worshipping beeatches face and only got fined $50.

Totally worth it. Disgusting and boorish? Of course! But not nearly as much so as her automatonic puppet like behavior.

posted on Dec, 16 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Nah spitting is just vulgar or disgusting, pick your word. It is not assault, assault is violence, and in my opinion, a whole other catagory to swearing, rude hand gestures and spitting. What next, being locked up for blowing a raspberry at someone or giving them an evil look?

Anyone who goes to the cops for being spat on has too much time on their hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join