It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, spitting in the face is crime, court rules

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Lol Odium..

Quite simply, you do not have any "right" to do as you please, especially spitting..

And there you have it people, the kind of mentality that is robbing the rights of the people in this nation.

Is not about spitting or urinating or doing any other obnosious society nasty tagged behavior in public, but is about control.

That is what many are failing to see, stupid laws as an excused for human behavior manipulation.

Pity.

There has to be some degree of control otherwise we would just be living in some kind of anarchy where anyone can do what they want. Meaning that someone can just come up to you in the street and spit it your face and you couldn't do anything about it.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Once I had a suspect spit in my face while I was putting him in the car. He was charged with assault a police officer for that. I find spitting to be one of the nastiest thing someone can do in public. If someone choses to spit on me I will take out assault charges and probably use a pressure point strike on them as soon as they spit.

My .02 cents.

JamesMcMahn

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

There has to be some degree of control otherwise we would just be living in some kind of anarchy where anyone can do what they want. Meaning that someone can just come up to you in the street and spit it your face and you couldn't do anything about it.

Well no really, do you go around spitting on people's face? I don't, I know you don't either, because we know that is disgusting and wrong . . .

But people that has nothing to lose or don't care are going to do it law or not law.

But people that knows how to behave are the ones that are to pay for the price of controlling the uncontrollable.

You and me and most common foes do not need this law, but they are going to get it no matter what.

And that is from where I base my point, spitting is not the only way to share bodily fluids, but are we in danger to see other laws that will be more invasive?

I have a problem with that.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:47 AM
link   

So I know many people that spray when the talk . . .

So . . . when is going to become an assault to spray on people while talking?

I also wonder if very soon we all need to wear mask to avoid breathing on others people an contaminating their space.

This are issues of behavior in a civilized society, this a matter of education, I don't think that many here goes around spitting on others for the fun of it, because is wrong and disgusting . . .that is what our parents, teachers, chruch officials, health officials tells us.

But when laws and government gets involved, this is not just about regulations this is about controlling human behavior by means of enforcing them with laws and punishements making criminal acts of just behaviour problems.

How far this type of assault on people is going to keep going without control.

Because Is all about control . . .

That will be the day when you can get arrested for "spraying it while saying it"

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I don't know about the "spraying it while saying it" but as it is written in the Texas State Penal Code:

§ 22.01. ASSAULT. (a) A person commits an offense if the person: (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or 3) intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another when the person knows or should reasonably believe that the other will regard the contact as offensive or provocative.
-PENAL CODE CHAPTER 22.01
What matters is how the offense report is written and what the DA wants to do with it. I've written assult offense reports for complainants who were upset about being spit on before. But it is the lowest class misdemeanor.

[edit on 3/12/2007 by PapaHomer]

[edit on 3/12/2007 by PapaHomer]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Personally, what do you "expectorate"?

Has anyone checked their genetic make-up lately? Pretty close to the animal kingdom. Go to the zoo if you don't believe me.

As highly functioning (and high maintenance as we are), I must say without a bit of leniency being offered for the occasional expulsion of excess mouth waste, we'd all have to walk around swishing it, making awful sounds until we found a proper receptacle.

In my opinion, if only criminals spit on criminals, then only spitters will be eligible for a free cot, and three hots. Not a bad deal if you think about it....

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Spitting in the face of another individual has to be the ultimate form of disrespect in my opinion. If I were punched in the face, it would not offend me half as much as if someone spit. Not exactly why I feel this way, but I do. I completely agree that spitting on other people should be a punishable offense. I don't think we are looking at any massive punishment for it, but it is certainly an anti-social behaviour that we can not, and should not, tolerate.

I support this as a punishable offense.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Spitting in the face of another individual has to be the ultimate form of disrespect in my opinion. If I were punched in the face, it would not offend me half as much as if someone spit. Not exactly why I feel this way, but I do. I completely agree that spitting on other people should be a punishable offense. I don't think we are looking at any massive punishment for it, but it is certainly an anti-social behaviour that we can not, and should not, tolerate.

I support this as a punishable offense.

My thoughts exactly.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by malganis

Well no really, do you go around spitting on people's face? I don't, I know you don't either, because we know that is disgusting and wrong . . .

But people that has nothing to lose or don't care are going to do it law or not law.

I see what you're saying, some people will spit at each other whether there is a law or not. But at least if there are laws, people can be prosecuted for their actions.

apc

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Since this is coming from a court with a very well known history of operating with an extreme left wing bias, it is clear what is happening here.

Catholics are more likely to spit on you than non-Catholics. This is an attack on the Catholics.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   

So I know many people that spray when the talk . . .

So . . . when is going to become an assault to spray on people while talking?

This law does and always has applied to those who intentionally spits in the face of another.I can't believe that some didn't know that to spit on someone is considered assault. It has been that way for a long,long time.

posted on Nov, 13 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I need some thoughts....My brother is a Police Officer. He has rage and abuse issues. Has beaten his wife, but she won't report him because he will be fired and they have 2 children. Recently he has been verbally explosive w/ our 77 yo mother. I put new locks on all her doors, so he doesn't have access.
Today, while I was visiting mom, he came over. Started shouting at me. Pushed me, pulled out the phone to prevent me from calling 911. Threatened to hit me, spit in my face x3. (I'm his 47yo sister, he is 39yo)
I went to my car, locked door, called 911 from cell phone. Police came, but said they couldn't do anything, because he did not hit me. I'm confused.
Also, as he pulled the phone cords, the lamp hit my mom in the head, fortunately she wasn't injured.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Perplexed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

posted on Nov, 14 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefmate

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

Perplexed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Go over his/ their heads. Talk with the sheriff or chief of police whichever is applicable. Go to the DA/ or magistrate and swear out your own warrant/ file a complaint.
I would imagine Pittsburgh has an internal affairs dept try contacting them.

[edit on 14/11/07 by Skibum]

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
spitting on someone is nasty.
but what if the person didn't know what they were doing?
that they were impressionable?
what do we say to them?
i just want to know, that's all...

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I don't recall ever spitting in anyone's face, however I would guess that 99% of the time, the person who gets spat in the face probably provoked it with vile words or threats so they had some culpability in the event.

While I have been spit at on one or two occasions - I never felt the need to pursue charges. Once somebody was mad at me (I provoked them), and they hit me too - I laughed because they probably hurt their hand and then spit at me as a last shot of their anger towards me. I'd have to be a real punk to call the police for something like that.

I suggest the only reason it's against the law or made a crime is because detainees spit on police or jailers as a show of disrespect when they are over powered or abused and have no other better outlet to release their anger. Somewhere along the line some of the pussies couldn't take it, or they realized they'd get charged themselves for abusing prisoners if they retaliated, so they pushed for the law which is their legal form of retaliation - which I find ridicules.

I like to see people start spitting in the faces of the bankers and CEO's who are ripping off the world - that would make some great youtube videos.

[edit on 8-10-2008 by verylowfrequency]

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Griff

No you are incorrect. Even if there is blood in the saliva, the chances of contracting disease is lower than the chance that you would get struck by lightening. just because your friends have HIV, it does not mean you know anything about it. There has not been one single case of HIV through Saliva. In addition, a person having HIV is not the only factor into contracting HIV. it depends on how long the person has HIV, the amount that gets in your system, and even if you did have a cut on your face, or a cut in your mouth, there is a thin mucous layer that closes up the wound, and etc. get the fact straights. some people deserve to spat on, and the risk of someone getting HIV through spit is just as risky as you walking down the streeet.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
id rather receive a punch to the face than someone spit in it, its a vulgar act and should be classed as assault, it certainly would provoke violence.

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I favor this rule and appreciate it, it is absolutely offensive and wrong to spit in someone's face, the public arena, or anything that others have to use. I am sure EVERYONE agrees with me, or you'd like me spitting in your face and walking on my spit in the street?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join