It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about galactic alignment, from an earthly point of view

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I have become interested in all this galactic alignment talk from reading the many different posts here. I don't wanna discuss wether or not the world will end but rather what has happend on earlier occassions.

So far what I could find myself was that the last aligment took place during the ending of our last ice age.

But what happend in the one before that?

The reason for my pondering is that if I imagine the alignments as being somewhat like an earthly year where we have summer on one side and winter on the other, what did the earth look like around the alignment before our iceage?
My first non scholar guess would be something like what we have now, an increase in climactic changes and an increase in extreme weather occurances.

I read a little about the theory on the Auric Time Scale and it suggests that the closer we get to the alignment the frequency on dramatic occurances increase.

So did earth experience more and more dramatic changes, culminating in extreme changes around the alignment before the iceage alignment? or was it mere coinsidence that the iceage laid during the last aligment?

And... are we gonna experience more and more changes to earths enviroment as we get closer to the next one, culminating in another extreme event?

Personally I like the idea since I, with nothing more that human intuition, believe that everything in the universe which involves gravity behaves in the same way... ie. a ball thrown into to the air starts it's "orbit" at high velocity, extremity no. 1, leading to extremity no. 2 zero velocity (being the point at which the ball would start it's descent) leading back to extremity no. 1 again.

or

the earths orbit which has two extremities at the two "ends" of the eliptical cycle.

In short... would history in this case repeat itself? and if so what would be the theoretical outcome based on earth's history?

Thank you for your time

Edits: english as 2nd language bugs me

[edit on 9/3/07 by flice]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by flice
I have become interested in all this galactic alignment talk from reading the many different posts here. I don't wanna discuss wether or not the world will end but rather what has happend on earlier occassions.

So far what I could find myself was that the last aligment took place during the ending of our last ice age.

But what happend in the one before that?

Nothing. Ditto the one before that, and so on and so forth back to the beginning of Earth. We've always been in the same location in respect to the galactic plane since the galaxy itself formed.

The reason for my pondering is that if I imagine the alignments as being somewhat like an earthly year where we have summer on one side and winter on the other, what did the earth look like around the alignment before our iceage?[/qoute]
Somewhat like today, yes.

I read a little about the theory on the Auric Time Scale and it suggests that the closer we get to the alignment the frequency on dramatic occurances increase.

This is a theory that someone came up with. It actually doesn't match the physical evidence (the ancient bones, pollens, stream bed deposits, etc, etc) but this hasn't stopped them from promoting it. Well-meaning folks who haven't googled for info on ice ages may fall into the trap of believing it.

So did earth experience more and more dramatic changes, culminating in extreme changes around the alignment before the iceage alignment? or was it mere coinsidence that the iceage laid during the last aligment?

The ice age lasted from about 20,000 years ago to about 10,000 years ago... so would have seen 3 or more of these 'galactic alignments'. Homo sapeins as a species has been around for about 75,000 years or so, meaning that they'd have seen well over 20 of these "alignments". Hominids that are considered human beings have been around for over 5 million years, and so on and so forth on back through history.

Use wikipedia to find 'Malinkovitch cycle' in your own language. That will explain ice ages better. You can ask more questions about this and we'll be glad to answer them.

Here's the English language page on these cycles;
en.wikipedia.org...

join