It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The sun is pregnant!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You are a new member, so I'll excuse the running to the ignore button.

Actually I was inferring that YOU use that function. It seems like you came to vent your spleen on this post. Perhaps you have something against Sleeper, I don't know.

Regardless, you've added nothing to the conversation, our ideas seem to upset you. Why don't you use the ignore button, or better yet, bugger off?

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smack

You are a new member, so I'll excuse the running to the ignore button.

Actually I was inferring that YOU use that function. It seems like you came to vent your spleen on this post. Perhaps you have something against Sleeper, I don't know.

Regardless, you've added nothing to the conversation, our ideas seem to upset you, why don't you use the ignore button, or better yet, bugger off?

Where would be the fun in an ignore button? I wouldn't get my laugh for the day from things like this. Oh... and i don't have a spleen, it was removed.

I will entertain that notion of 'bugger off' though... simply because i think I've read enough. As long as this stays in the Skunk Works you'll never have to hear from me again. If it gets moved back out, however, I'll come back to rant again.

Word of warning too. You seem very quick to jump on Sleeper's bandwagon, and thats fine, it is your prerogative, but like Probedbygreys with Alien Agenda, if Sleeper does eventually go down, you'll be taken with him.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:06 PM
link   
I'm not on anyones bandwagon. I'm defending his right to have a theory outside the status quo. I'm a little confused as to why that is such a problem, here of all places, especially since some of what he proposes is backed up by credible scientific work - aka a plasma physicist with a NOBEL PRIZE!

Go figure eh? Some people are just stuck on stupid.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Sleeper, I think that is an excellent theory that you have. It is the best I have heard yet.

I am still confused over the big bang theory being proven because scientists are hearing noise in space and that is the noise left over from the big bang.

Wouldn't that noise have dissipated over the Millions of years?

Anyhow.. I like your theory

Originally posted by OnTheDeck
There has been a lot of activity with the sun of late.

There has been activity going on around our Sun for a while now. I have been finding images from SOHO's public image archive for a long time now with space craft and Rods flying around our Sun.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by Byrd]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
How do the scientist know how old the sun or planets are---did they pull those numbers out of their hat?---

A bit of googling would have quickly answered that question for you. It requires knowing what elements make up your star and where it lies on the main sequence as well as other data about its size and composition:
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

www.astro.washington.edu...

For those of you who'd like to read more about the science behind this or who want to become backyard astronomers, here's a very nice page about the basics, aimed for high school and middle school students:
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

There is absolutely no way of knowing---perhaps their theories should be put into skunkworks also---

You would probably feel differently if you knew what the theories were and how they derived them.

That will, however, require you reading the theories instead of guessing what they say.

All theories are guesses or hunches and have not been proven else they wouldn’t be theories. It’s obvious I am being discriminated against because I’m not a scientist---what a cheap shot by those that moved this thread

No, but the science area is for discussing science -- which means you can provide links and evidence to support stuff mentioned in there. Speculation always goes in Skunk Works.

This is the standard rule on many of our subforums.

Part of the reason we do this is that it's often a hallmark of trolls or kids goofing off to come in and post some goofy theory that has no substance to it. That disrupts the science and weaponry and history forums because it gives the impression that you could make up lame stuff and everyone would pay attention to you.

We move into Skunk Works the threads where the author is only interested in discussing an idea and is not actually interested in the science and math and working seriously on an idea (which requires learning about the field and about the subject matter.) So there's something for everyone.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   
What is all this I'm hearing about "You're wrong because high school physics says so..."

So we're down to that form of ignorance now are we?
If it weren't for people creating alternate theories on how things work, and defying the rules that your precious high school physics teaches, we'd still be stuck in the stone age.

Those who argued immediately that his theory is wrong from the start, I have one thing to say to you.

YOU WILL NEVER INVENT, NOR CREATE ANYTHING.
Quite frankly, anyone who isn't willing to test what they are being taught is a mindless drone... and essentially useless to the advancement of our species.

Go find a hole, and rot.

As for the author of this theory, keep it up, and don't get discouraged by these half wits. One day you just may become famous for one of your theories, unlike these morons.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Sleeper, how many aliens are you in contact with... how many different species, and who told you this?!? I believe you said yourself you are not sure why you were chosen, but i have to ask it.. why are you privy to this info??

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Ahem!!

Can't everyone stay on topic atleast, I mean atleast include something to contribute if your going to post something. Period.

Thanks.
/7A

P.S

Originally posted by johnsky
What is all this I'm hearing about "You're wrong because high school physics says so..."

So we're down to that form of ignorance now are we?
If it weren't for people creating alternate theories on how things work, and defying the rules that your precious high school physics teaches, we'd still be stuck in the stone age.

Those who argued immediately that his theory is wrong from the start, I have one thing to say to you.

YOU WILL NEVER INVENT, NOR CREATE ANYTHING.
Quite frankly, anyone who isn't willing to test what they are being taught is a mindless drone... and essentially useless to the advancement of our species.

Go find a hole, and rot.

As for the author of this theory, keep it up, and don't get discouraged by these half wits. One day you just may become famous for one of your theories, unlike these morons.

I think you should consider the Rant forum which can be located here:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Your welcome.

Than again. This forum seriously promotes wasted time.

/7A

[edit on 11/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by 7Ayreon
Than again. This forum seriously promotes wasted time.
[edit on 11/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

I couldn't agree more. As I tried to explain to sleeper, a theory is something that can be verified by empirical evidence. What he is espousing here is a hypothesis (also known as a guess or yet to be proven idea), albeit a very unusual and creative one. Since there doesn't seem to be any new information to be added to prove the OP's hypothesis, does that mean that this particular discussion will be closed?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
More in line with a younger Mercury, the basic mold; once born the other elements are added kind of like electroplating---one layer at a time as dust gases and other solar system debris bombard it.

first off, thanx for answering my post.

this model of planets outward travelling and growing (reference) planets works well for all inner planets until Mars - if you accept that Mars was actually the moon of a planet that later formed the asteroid belt. what about the outer gas planets?

they have lots of moons, so it's imo ok to adapt the model for them, ie. gas planets bear moons, but what about the gas planets themselves?

PS: it's true, you haven't read a single paragraph off that holoscience page, my apologies. btw, the birth of stellar objects can be found at much larger scale, too: www.livingcosmos.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
the birth of stellar objects can be found at much larger scale, too: www.livingcosmos.com...

Yeah that's talked about in the second video i posted, so who's watch them and what did you think?

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stari
Sleeper, I think that is an excellent theory that you have. It is the best I have heard yet.

I am still confused over the big bang theory being proven because scientists are hearing noise in space and that is the noise left over from the big bang.

Wouldn't that noise have dissipated over the Millions of years?

Thanks Stari,

The noise the scientist hear is not from the Big Bang it’s from the falling theories about the Big Bang and other cosmological beliefs that are crashing down all around them, as they desperately and futilely try to hold on to outdated useless ideas---

Just like predicting the age of the universe, anyone can come up with their own formulas and they would be equally as valid.----No one knows the age of the universe, the stars, or the planets----no one!----not even close---

The universe is filled with noise---but to justify high faluting jobs they must produce more theories and should anyone dare challenged those theories by pointing out that the Emperor has no clothes they get put in time-out AKA--skunkworks---

P.S.

Regardless of my statements above I have the highest respect for science and scientists that dedicate their lives to making the world around us a better place to live.

[edit on 11-3-2007 by sleeper]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Modern Cosmology has become dogmatic in its approach and in some circles it seems, has become more like a religion. I'm astounded by some of the posts I've read here. These are the same kinds of people that defended the flat earth theory hundreds of years ago. Its really pathetic.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smack
Modern Cosmology has become dogmatic in its approach and in some circles it seems, has become more like a religion. I'm astounded by some of the posts I've read here. These are the same kinds of people that defended the flat earth theory hundreds of years ago. Its really pathetic.

As you know Smack, change and new ideas have always terrified some people, mostly those who fear it will affect them personally.

It's the boogieman under the bed syndrome

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky

Thanks for that vote of confidence johnsky, and for defending the few principles that make this world worth living in---

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by hikix
why are you privy to this info??

Perhaps I'm simply more awake than asleep---

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Many Scientist live a wealthy life on there theories. When you are dealing with the Universe how can we prove they are right or wrong until we are able to get out there and see for ourselves.

As far as what's out there we only get what they give and what one sees another does not.

So the arguments go on.

I would say with Sleeper's theory maybe he is right or maybe he is wrong we will know when birth occurs or we may never know if she miscarries.

I don't see a thing wrong with sharing thoughts and discussing this. We all have a right to disagree but to come here or other threads just to argue isn't right.

As for the Universe I think we do have to think out of the box. The human race only tends to think in the reality they know.

I offer my place for the Shower when/if the event happens.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by biotic
sleeper, im not in anyway disregarding your speculations about the son being pregnant, in my opinion it is a very good idea

but, how do you know its pregnant at this very moment?

I think there may even be a larger debate brewing, if the sun is pregnant, who's the father?
Paternity test? Sorry, couldn't resist

Great post sleeper

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Science is based on OBSERVATION. It's not a wish but a result of observation of the nature. A solid basis within the observated parameters.

And on what is you 'Sun is prgnant' hypothesis based on what?

If someone comes up with a hypothesis telling you that the stones you throw out of the window actually fall toward the sky and not toward the earth then would you consider this to be truth if you observed all stones you throw out falling toward the earth 1000 times? (yes that's how physic laws are build) And on top of that the one that tells you this deliver you nothing to back up his hypothesis? And then when some take time and collect some datas and links to showing him faults in the hypothesis argueing that scientist's are ignorant know nothing and discriminating his fresh non scientists's ideas?

Laughable example? No that's exactly what sleeper just did.

So please, I am all for open mind and I am not one that throws ideas off right in ahead, but they need at least to have a chance to be realistic.
And here I see none because it contradicts a number of nature laws. (Not ours, the one of the Nature!)

However, if the OP would be willing to give anythign more than 'My stomach tells me so, so I state it is so' any observation or anything to back it up it had at least a basis for discussions.

How about changeing your title to 'I believe the sun is pregnant'

[edit on 11-3-2007 by g210b]

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Long Lance
this model of planets outward travelling and growing (reference) planets works well for all inner planets until Mars - if you accept that Mars was actually the moon of a planet that later formed the asteroid belt. what about the outer gas planets?

they have lots of moons, so it's imo ok to adapt the model for them, ie. gas planets bear moons, but what about the gas planets themselves?

The Asterod belt is another phenomenon in itself and remains a mystery to cosmologists, who for the most part believes it to be the remains of a planet or debris left over from the beginning of the solar system.

Maybe it’s something else altogether, perhaps a transition point from where planets crossing that barrier get pummeled, softened up, broken down a bit, and where they also pick up some extra material, or lose material; the process may help trigger or be the spark that initiates a planetary super-nova---Mars is moving into place as we speak but will not get there for a long time yet---my .02

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join