It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasons recruiting commercial question

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hobbes

A few even thought it meant we couldn't tell an 'outsider' anything that goes on in our meetings.

I asked my boyfriend what happened in his masonry meetings.. he said he couldn't tell me..

I'm not starting a debate about sex, or outsiders, or anything here, just wondering: could he not tell me because I am female? could he not rell me because I am not mason? or do you think this was just his personal decision not to tell me?

I know the belief of one person does not reflect what all masons think, thats why i am asking. i also know very little about the masons. when you say it makes you a "good person", what does that mean? i know i am asking very obvious questions.. please just point me in the direction of some good information on the net, because i am very interested in the masons. i'm not going to say anything for or against your brotherhood, because i know so little. but so far, my knowledge was hindered because my boyfriend didn't want to tell me, so i assumed i was not allowed to find out, and therefore anything i did research may not be the complete truth. i hope this makes sense! (i am no longer with the boyfriend, so i do not feel it would be appropriate to question him about the matter now).

also, again, a naive question.. do masons have to be male? i just want to know some more, so let me know where i can find this kind of thing, that is reliable.

ps. i live in britain, if that will make a difference.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
As far as "what goes on in the meeting" is business stuff, stuff you would have no intrest in and would quickly regrett asking as you may fall asleep..

however, I would let him have his space..
And yes, its only for men, though there are other coed organizations associated with Masonry..

Check out my latest essay..

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:03 PM
link   
hey, i wasn't going to bring up the sex issue, but i think that was a pretty rude reply!!

someone who isn't at all sexist.. can i just have a link to find out some information.. if i fall asleep thats my own problem, i mean us females.. what do we know...

surely if the brotherhood is just about making people "good people", someone will respond to me in a slightly more mature manner? is it part of the requirement, to belittle females, or once again, just personal opinion (two, in counting, now..) that i shouldnt know whats going on?

im not trying to join in.. and im not prying into any one persons' business, but i am simply trying to form an opinion on something that i don't know about! how can an organisation claim to be accepting if they won't talk to anyone but one another? im not asking for the inner workings..

earlier on this thread, someone said that anti-masons were only informed by conspiracies, or whatever.. what are people supposed to be informed about?

and im not going to take that personally.. despite what you think, you are no better than me.

Cug

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplecoral
and im not going to take that personally.. despite what you think, you are no better than me.

I think you took his comment all wrong. I don't believe he meant you would find it boring because you are a female and "wont get it" but boring as in just plain old boring.

"Brother Steve, please present your report...

Thank you Brother Joe, I have talked to the contractor and it's going to cost us $1,500 to fix the leak in the roof. I issued him a check and work will start on next Fri. Any questions? Yes Brother Bob.

Thank you Brother Steve as you know we are scheduled to have our annual hog roast on Saturday, could you make sure to have them keep their equipment out of the parking lot?

No problem Brother Bob, I have already talked to them and they will place the dumpster on the east side of the building.

Thank you Brother Steve

No problem, any other questions?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
ok, thankyou but still, i'm not getting any answers. is there no place i can get information about the masons? i'm pretty sure brothers steve and bob don't just talk about the leak in the roof and the hog roast, do they? once again, i'm not asking for the inner workings of the fraternity, i just literally have no idea what the masons are about, and i thought, 'well why not ask someone who is one?'

or will i never get an answer? i shall conduct my own research, but i expect i will probably get drawn into the conspiracy theories, since i haven't yet found one person from the inside who will give a decent answer to my question!

like i said, i didn't come here for an argument, just to learn.

i guess it wouldn't matter to anyone if i did become another anti-mason, but i would think that you might all be a little more open to the idea of addressing some of the misconceptions that people have, based on lack of knowledge.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

what the masons are about, and i thought, 'well why not ask someone who is one?'

Is it ask a mason to become a mason or is it operators are standing by for your phone call to answer your questions about the masons?

The masons are advertising for new recruits, that's hysterical.

[edit on 21-3-2007 by In nothing we trust]

Cug

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

ok, thankyou but still, i'm not getting any answers. is there no place i can get information about the masons?

One of the Masons on this board recently posted some links that I think will help you. (I'm sorry I'm not sure what thread it was in) But in general this is the wrong place for such info. The powers that be on this board wish that the topics in this forum revolve around conspiracy topics. But even so If you read the posts of the Masons here you could get a pretty good idea.

Just found a site that looks good www.freemasons-freemasonry.com...

i'm pretty sure brothers steve and bob don't just talk about the leak in the roof and the hog roast, do they?

This is second hand info but it looks like that is indeed the trend.

or will i never get an answer? i shall conduct my own research, but i expect i will probably get drawn into the conspiracy theories, since i haven't yet found one person from the inside who will give a decent answer to my question!

I thought Rockpuck gave a pretty good answer in the other thread. Maybe if you restated the questions you want answered?

i guess it wouldn't matter to anyone if i did become another anti-mason, but i would think that you might all be a little more open to the idea of addressing some of the misconceptions that people have, based on lack of knowledge.

I'm sorry but that seems to me to be an odd statement. Most of the posts by Masons here are addressing misconceptions.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 01:04 AM
link   
i think that website will answer my question, so thankyou. what i was really asking was, aside from the social aspect (discussed in rockpunk's essay), what is it that makes the masons such a good thing to be a part of. having looked into it a bit, i guess part of it could be due to the mysticism, and the idea that it will make you a better person. which is fine.

the last bit of my last post was just because generally when i ask anyone about the masons, i hear about weird rituals and so forth, that the masons have some high purpose to achieve, and that by climbing the rungs they could eventually weild some terrifying power, and the links that i have heard of to do with the "new world order". i thought that someone would have leapt at the chance to tell me that that was not the case.

anyway thankyou for the link.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Purple, bear with me.... it is 2:45am ...

Please, I meant no harm in my response, I meant no ill feelings.. it is not sexist at all..

It is "boring" because as Cug said, its boring... iv seen brothers fall asleep in their seat... mostly paying bills.. afterwards (in my lodge, perhaps before in others) we eat, talk.. usually business there as well.... "ritual ceremonies" are held for degree work only... and it is just that, ritualistic.. and no .. a ritual has nothing to do with demons and the devil and all that ignorant BS .. It is simply a grand way of displaying values, and symbolic demonstrations. There is no greased pig, satanic alters, sexual practices, nor even a goat.. there is no pranking (pennies any one?) or anything like that... just symbolic introduction and initiation and their forms are not so much a secret any more.. just.. revered.. and in reverence they are not discussed.. it takes respect to understand Free Masonries desires that degrees not be flaunted as if worth nothing.....

As for your response to my.. ahem... rant.. il post that in the proper thread..

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
sorry for calling it a rant! you werent meant to take that as an insult.. i could go and edit what i said, but i won't... anyway, apologies.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join