It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harsh Reality of Iraq. ** warning image may disturb

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Your only focusing on the terrible aspects of the war... yes innocent people die, they do in every war, and it sucks. But you are neglecting to mention all of the families who run up and hug the soldiers, something that never gets reported on the news. Did you know there's a town there with movie theaters, fast food joints, all run by Iraqi citizens? If we could pull out now then we already would have. And yes, the fact that thousands of soldiers are dying really, really sucks. But they weren't drafted. They signed up to serve their country and do whatever needs to be done, and again, there is a lot more good than is being reported.

Down with Jihad

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
Killed by who agit8d?

I find it funny you seem to omit who is killing these people in Iraq. Its not Americans killing them, its the ensuing civil war. Lay blame where it belongs.

Er, who started the War?

Lay blame where it belongs, indeed.

Did you know there's a town there with movie theaters, fast food joints,

Oh my god. The sign of progress in Iraq is Cinema's and Burger Kings. Poor point not very well made there chap.

[edit on 9/3/07 by stumason]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I vote Agit8dChop for the "Way Above Misleading Info Award".

Agit8dChop go visit Iraq and then come back, and THEN tell us your point of view.

The pictures you show are NOT from the USA's hand. It's basically a civil war! They are killing themselves over there!

Believe it or not, USA's weapons and tactics are HIGHLY ACCURATE. We usually can not shoot someone without first getting clearance, and when we do, we hardly ever miss, or kill something that wasn't intended to be killed.

But for the insurgents on the other hand.... they are placing I.E.D.'s on roads that kids walk down to go to school. School's that USA repaired for them. Clean rooms, and now clean water, and working bathrooms. You think those kids would see some device on the ground, and get curious? I do.. they don't care about killing their own people. Ive seen an untrained insurgent try to fire an RPG down the street at a squad before, and you know what happen? He did not clear the area behind him before firing his RPG, and the back-blast from the RPG killed a little boy. The rocket was more powerful than the guy imagined and the RPG landed short of its target at a near by house, killing 3 woman. Then he was shot to death by US troops. You know, you don't hear about these stories on your controlled media source. This insurgent sacrificed 4 lives for no reason. He could have put the RPG down, and went on with his life peacefully, and the USA troops would have done nothing to him.

USA has ongoing projects over there to make life easier for the woman and children and men out there that are willing to be peaceful. But if you are not peaceful and you are trying to kill, you will be killed.

All USA want's is a peaceful Iraq. That agenda alone is worth the lives lost.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Did you know there's a town there with movie theaters, fast food joints,

Oh my god. The sign of progress in Iraq is Cinema's and Burger Kings. Poor point not very well made there chap.

He forgot to tell you stumason that the cinema and Burger kings are in the green zone for the enjoyment of the elite few.

He also forgot to tell that this area is banned from regular Iraqi.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   

I'm just saying you never see that kind of stuff on the news there chap.

JSR

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Er, who started the War?

sadam, in gulf war one when he invaded his neighbors to take thier oil.

but, to be completly honest, this war is all about oil. about who gets to have influence over the whole ares oil contracts. and to who gets the first dibbs on the oil. and who has to pay more for it.

its no secret we have an oil based economy. if a few certin oil producing nations want to bring us to our knees, just mess with supply of oil. the west would go into a depression. then those certin oil producing nations would run in with there oil money, and buy up all of the west at discount prices, turn the spickett back on, and blamoo...your now a super power again.

then comes the real jihad....

so, that is my know nothing, totally rediculious opinion.

its a war. a dirty one. and a necessary one.
unless you all want to be standing in a soup lines, shortly before mid-day prayers.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connected

I vote Agit8dChop for the "Way Above Misleading Info Award".

Agit8dChop go visit Iraq and then come back, and THEN tell us your point of view.

I assume you've just got back yourself then? What did you do out there?

The pictures you show are NOT from the USA's hand. It's basically a civil war! They are killing themselves over there!

In a War started by the USA. Yes, they are killing each other, but everyone warned of the post invasion problems you'd face but were ignored because the USA knew best. Well done! Mission Completed! Whatever....

Believe it or not, USA's weapons and tactics are HIGHLY ACCURATE. We usually can not shoot someone without first getting clearance, and when we do, we hardly ever miss, or kill something that wasn't intended to be killed.

Give over. There are plenty of cases of US forces not only shooting up civvies, but their own allies (ie us Brits) as well. i suppose the accuracy part is correct, but give over about the clearance needed, or not "killing something that wasn't meant to be killed" rubbish.

***cut the big heart-string pulling paragraph to get to the point*********

All USA want's is a peaceful Iraq. That agenda alone is worth the lives lost.

It was bloody well peaceful before the "Coalition" showed up. Granted, Saddam was an utter git and thousands died over a 35 year period, but prior to `91 it was the most prosperous, westernised country in the ME and would have made a great ally.

Now, after 2003, it's a cesspit. Well done.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   

It was bloody well peaceful before the "Coalition" showed up. Granted, Saddam was an utter git and thousands died over a 35 year period, but prior to `91 it was the most prosperous, westernised country in the ME and would have made a great ally.

Now, after 2003, it's a cesspit. Well done.

Sometimes stumason I feel like an old record player going over and over historical facts of the time when our own elected officials used to sleep in the same bed with Saddam . . .

And then make him an enemy when greed and oil grab was to good to resists . . .

You can tell how well the government geared propaganda has work on our fellow Americans . . .

Pity.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I assume you've just got back yourself then? What did you do out there?

Yes, I went house to house, and cleared them for the safetly of my fellow Marines.

In a War started by the USA. Yes, they are killing each other, but everyone warned of the post invasion problems you'd face but were ignored because the USA knew best. Well done! Mission Completed! Whatever....

Actually the war was started by Saddam. Get your facts straight.

Give over. There are plenty of cases of US forces not only shooting up civvies, but their own allies (ie us Brits) as well. i suppose the accuracy part is correct, but give over about the clearance needed, or not "killing something that wasn't meant to be killed" rubbish.

Clearance is always needed. No doubt about that. Not killing something that wasn't meant to be killed is 100% accurate, we try to avoid casualties as much as possible.. But that part of war that will not disappear is the accidents. Crossfire, miscommunication, and soldier error. It does happen, but the disinfo agents of the world pretend like it is on purpose, as if we love to kill innocent people.

It was bloody well peaceful before the "Coalition" showed up.

Are you frikken kidding me??? REALLY?? ARE YOU REALLY THAT UNINFORMAED?

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Connected]

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Connected]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Connected can you please enlighten us on how Saddam started the invasion of Iraq? his own country?

He started the war you said.

BTW my husband served for one year in the first gulf war and that was because of the invasion of Kuwait. . .

JSR

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
....historical facts of the time when our own elected officials used to sleep in the same bed with Saddam . . .

And then make him an enemy when greed and oil grab was to good to resists . . .

yea, we were in bed with sadam at a time. its call geo-political games.
problem with that was he thought he had us figured out.
but he was just a weekend fling.

our real love was/is saudi arabia.
and they called for our help, and were glad to go.
to protect our oil intrest/economy.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:19 PM
link   
As a true American patriot (to the people of America not its multinational interests) I am ashamed for what my country has done with MY tax dollars.

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

God bless you sir.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Connected can you please enlighten us on how Saddam started the invasion of Iraq? his own country?

He started the war you said.

BTW my husband served for one year in the first gulf war and that was because of the invasion of Kuwait. . .

Yes I said Saddam started the "war" not the "invasion". Want to know how? He didn't turn over any of his deadly weapons, nor did he do anything to stop the terrorists against USA.

All he had to do was show us his bio/chemical weapons, or dirty bombs, or any other type of WMD, and then insured us that he would not give these weapons to the terrorists against USA, and Iraq wouldn't have been invaded.

Since he didn't do any of the above, we could not trust him, and we went to business.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Yes I said Saddam started the "war" not the "invasion". Want to know how? He didn't turn over any of his deadly weapons, nor did he do anything to stop the terrorists against USA.

1st of all he didn't have any WMD's & 2nd there is no proof that Saddam had any links with Al-Qaeda.

All he had to do was show us his bio/chemical weapons, or dirty bombs, or any other type of WMD, and then insured us that he would not give these weapons to the terrorists against USA, and Iraq wouldn't have been invaded.

He didn't have any to show, most of his weapons were destroyed years before this illegal war.

Since he didn't do any of the above, we could not trust him, and we went to business.

There wasn't anything for him to do.
He had no links with Al-Qaeda & he didn't have any weapons of note.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by mclarenmp4]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   

He didn't turn over any of his deadly weapons, nor did he do anything to stop the terrorists against USA.

He didn't have any connected that is why he could not turn them over . . .

The issue of Iraq's disarmament reached a crisis in 2002-2003, when U.S. President George W. Bush demanded a complete end to alleged Iraqi production and use of weapons of mass destruction

Saddam agree in 2002 to have more inspections . . .but the UN inspector found none . . . US didn't believe this . . .

In March 2003 the U.S. government announced that "diplomacy has failed" and that it would proceed with a coalition of allied countries, named "coalition of the willing", to rid Iraq of its alleged weapons of mass destruction

Still Saddam has none . . .

en.wikipedia.org...

Saddam had no links to Al-qaida or 9/11 . . .

WASHINGTON - The commission investigating the Sept. 11 attacks reported Wednesday that Osama bin Laden met with a top Iraqi official in 1994 but found “no credible evidence” of a link between Iraq and al-Qaida in attacks against the United States.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Yes the Bush adminstration did their business alright, they invaded a soverign nation, took the only man that kept the people control and turn the country into the biggest mess in the middle east modern history and then lets no forget the oil grab and the non-bid contracts paid by American tax money and the corruption that has taken hold of our own government in the name of fighting terror.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Voted Way above...

thank you for this post - as disturbing as this is, it is necessary to know is happening.

I'm sure that if some of those Iraqis, and some of the muslims worldwide knew how some of us felt, like you Agitated, then there would be less hatred toward the west. Some of us are actually pissed off about this war, you know?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
marg6043 I'm sorry to say but you are just another sheep. Thats not an insult, that is just the only way I can describe the fact that you don't know the full story.

Using the wiki and msnbc links as a resource lol.

Did you know, bio/chemical weapons were found in Iraq? A LOT. Those are WMD's. Do you really think Saddam himself was in control of these weapons? No, his government was. Did his government have ties with terrorist cells? You bet.

We are still finding WMD's till this day.

SHUUSH

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   

marg6043 I'm sorry to say but you are just another sheep. Thats not an insult, that is just the only way I can describe the fact that you don't know the full story.

No offense taken, but I do feel the same for you too.

Using the wiki and msnbc links as a resource lol.

Well its more links I can bring from all kind of sources . . . but you have shown me none. . .

BTW you think that the 9/11 commission findings are not true?

Here is a government link, www.9-11commission.gov...

Did you know, bio/chemical weapons were found in Iraq? A LOT. Those are WMD's. Do you really think Saddam himself was in control of these weapons? No, his government was. Did his government have ties with terrorist cells? You bet.

Well show me the links to the news stories and then we can have some more debates on the issue, is nothing more that we here in ATS love than a good prof of conspiracies . . .

SHUUSH

Like I said Show me the links to the stories . . .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sobolwolf

Originally posted by Rockpuck

People die in wars. Glad you figured that out. Want a cookie now?

She looks a bit like my daughter, you got any kids Rockpuck?

Aw. Tragic. Let me get a tissue. Maybe the ignorant fools shouldn't blow each other up.
I don't understand how people sympathize with murderers .. or are so damn clueless they blame America for Sunnis murdering Shia.. you think thats new man? Jesus, read a freaking history book, that craps been going on there since Iraq was founded, now its in the open and people can see it, but you never gave a rats @#% about Iraq before the invasion, you didn't care about children being taken from their homes by teachers to be given to government officials to be raped. You didn't care that women and daughters where raped before their husbands and fathers. You didn't care one damn bit that people where tortured in the most horrific ways. Your a hypocrite using the war as a political soap box which quite frankly makes me sick.

Learn to understand the issues before you jump in with pictures that are supposed to make me feel bad (they don't, nothing new to me) Sunnis are killing Shia and America has nothing to do with it.

I posted a wonderful thread about Kurdistan (click on my name) and you liberals pushed it aside, who cares if someone is living a dream right? Because you can't use that to further your own agenda.

Sick. I am truly ashamed I share a nation with people like you.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   

BTW you think that the 9/11 commission findings are not true?

Here is a government link, www.9-11commission.gov...

The only comment I have about the 911 commission report, is that it was created for the civilians. Enough said on that subject.

Well show me the links to the news stories and then we can have some more debates on the issue, is nothing more that we here in ATS love than a good prof of conspiracies . . .

SHUUSH

Like I said Show me the links to the stories . . .

Just google it.

www.google.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join