It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harsh Reality of Iraq. ** warning image may disturb

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   

One quick read of
THIS article on the estimated two million refugees from Iraq* and the other two million left homeless inside Iraq and one sees the story of the war and the Iraq that George built.

Bush and Cheney have more than decimated Iraq. That is, in a country of 26 million people, Bush and Cheney have killed directly, caused the deaths indirectly, or caused the evacuation, of over four million people. That is, over 15% of the population has been cut up, root and branch, from the nation. Focusing on two people, a doctor and spouse, CNN tells the story of far too many Iraqis. Abtan, a doctor, fled to Jordan to avoid certain decapitation. He has lost ten relatives and four friends to violent death, "including two doctors murdered at work. His wife has lost three relatives. They have no plans to return to Iraq anytime soon, but they want better lives now."

Link

What a shame, what a crying shame.
Imagine having to abandon your house, leave your belongings behind.. forget your life and move to another country... sitting in your seat while you hear daily of friends being killed, other family being kidnapped or old workmates joining the insurgency because they have no other chance at life?

I mean it doesnt really matter that ALL This is happening, because of lies does it... especially when the UN Comes out and says something like this

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter. He said the decision to take action in Iraq should have been made by the Security Council, not unilaterally.

Link

But ya know what, it doesnt really matter.. because we all know that this war was planned and prepared for LONG before the US even went to the UN... Whats the use of having a UN, when you choose to ignore it ?

But, alas... even though we made so many drastic errors, which ended up costing thousands of our OWN soliders lives, along with hunderds of thousands of lives of foreign citizens in their own home.. our great, and honourable leaders have told us the answer to this unfortuante mistake, is 21,000 more troops.. because we have seen that violence beats violence.

So why are we seeing reports such as this?

Wasn’t that “surge” and security crackdown supposed to be reducing the violence?

Certainly that was the argument Bush made when he announced his latest new “strategy” of adding 21,500 troops to the occupying force in Iraq. He said that the so-called “surge” was needed to “reduce the cycle of violence,” but so far, the violence has only increased, with more bombings, more killings, more Iraqis—both Shias and Sunnis—dying--albeit spread around in the areas outside of the central city--and more American troops being killed.
This is progress?
I guess maybe it is in the Through the Looking Glass world inhabited by the president and by the vice president, who recently declared that the decision by Britain to cut and run from Basra was a sign of “progress” in the Iraq War.

Link

youve really got to ask yourself,
We made so many mistakes, went against so many international laws.. and 'pissed' off so many of our allies... what in the world are we going to do now?

Seriously?

If 21,500 more troops didnt help, elections didnt help, threats and violence didnt help... what is left for the USA Administration to do?

I mean they have made an absolute FORTUNE from this war... and only have 1 and half more years to have to stand the heat until they retire...

What about the poor Iraqi's?
The millions now homeless, friendless, familyless?
What about the soliders who are coming home with slashed benefits?
Haunting memories and dreams?
The internal pain of having seen a friend murdered in front of you, or having to pull the trigger against another human being?
What for them?

Iraq has been devestated. It will never, EVER again see peace on the level it was under Saddam's day. The people will never forget the crimes inflicted on them from the USA..

I dont believe certain people inside the United states understands the sheer velocity of this situation? the reach it is going to have around the world for decades to come...

You think these people:

Give a damn that 'our' reasons for going to war turned out to be BS?
Your think they are going to forgive us ? allow us to leave then just turn to the WESTERN enforced way of life? while we suck them dry from behind while taking their natural resources?

Dont you look at this :

3,200 times and ask yourself....

'' For everything we have gained..... was Saddam really worth all our men, all their people, their buildings, their land and our security? "

Especially when saddam was AGAINST Osama and Alqaeda, and he posed NO THREAT, and NEVER THREATENED US in over A DECADE?

Tell me, what exactly is it about this war, that people still find justified?

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Agit8dChop]

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 9-3-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

/7A

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Thanks 7A

Good to see some people have a heart.

One thing id like to add

War, is meant to be the last straw..
The thing all men do not want, because of the pain and suffering it causes

ask yourself,

do these men, look like they just made a decision they didnt want to?
does it look like they were driven to make a decision that they never dared make?

It looks to me, like they just won a big contract.

Its a pitty the images above, do not represent the same feeling in this photo.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   

You have already voted for Agit8dChop this month.

Agit8d this is an eye opener! It's truly outragious.

/7A

[edit on 9/3/2007 by 7Ayreon]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Another topic somewhere on here did this, bu#es swarmed it going "yes it is worth it" so your forewarned. Anyway, those pictures are nothing. Look up "alached" on the internet, it is a website put up by the Iraqis showing hundreds and thousands of pictures. Old news, sad people find this "an eye popper" when it has been floating around for years.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Excellent post. Sadly people have been "blinded by Bush" from the beginning. He has been all about helping the super rich get even richer. He has no regard for the poor and non-white people in America, so it does not surprise me that he has no regard for poor people in other lands.

One day all the people who supported Bush and his war for money will have to answer to the rest of us for the damage that has been done to our sacred planet and its poorest inhabitants.

When chaos reigns supreme and money is worthless, we will seek out these people and make them pay.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Yep, looks like a warzone. This is what you get when the remnants of a tyrannical reign try to claw their way back into power. Don't fool yourself into thinking that if the US pulls out before the insurgents are dealt with, Iraq will turn into this happy place for the Iraqi citizens. The insurgents are fighting to regain their position of having their bootheel on the average citizen and placing females back in their "rightful" place, which is below dogs to these people.

I honestly feel for the Iraqi citizens...and I'm an American which I know is an oxymoron to most of the America haters out there. However, I also feel that a pullout will result in genocide on a grand scale. It's a damned if you do, damned if you don't kind of situation we have here.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Nice work Agit8dChop, this is the harsh reality of war. This is why war should be a last resort and not a business opportunity brought to us by PNAC. We should hold those accountable that sold us these lies and got us into this mess.

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Guess we should leave so Sunnis stop killin Shia.

Oh .. thats right... they did that before the war only Shia where dragged into dark cellars so cameras couldn't see the torture and bloodshed.

People die in wars. Glad you figured that out. Want a cookie now?

Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

People die in wars. Glad you figured that out. Want a cookie now?

She looks a bit like my daughter, you got any kids Rockpuck?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It seems that killing is just another business day in Iraq, Yes Saddam killed people but right now that is nothing compare to the carnage of everyday Iraq. . .

You got my vote also agit8

Perhaps somebody should take all those pictures along with our death troops names and start posting them all over the walls in the white House . . . somebody will have to get the point or have at least some human feelings in Washington and within Our elected officials.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Looks like lots of the ATS membership don't understand the true conspiracies, and complain about the dying people, the broken families, etc...what the hell are you all thinking ? The REAL people who have thez power don't give a damn about Middle-Eastern people killed or tortured, they just seek their own good, no matter what it takes. For as long as these people will lead the world, we'll just be witnesses of the unfair wars, the unfair oil prices, the unfair economic crisis, the unfair rate of people who don't have what they need to live...Who cares ? you ? me ? Big deal.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Excellent post. Sadly people have been "blinded by Bush" from the beginning. He has been all about helping the super rich get even richer. He has no regard for the poor and non-white people in America,

Your right accept for the non-white part. He doesnt give a damn what colour you are, just what class you are.
if your in the rich class your A ok, anything lower and youve got to fight for a living.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

My hat goes off to you, good sir.

Mod Note: One Line and Short Posts – Please Review This Link.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
What a shame, what a crying shame.
Imagine having to abandon your house, leave your belongings behind.. forget your life and move to another country... sitting in your seat while you hear daily of friends being killed, other family being kidnapped or old workmates joining the insurgency because they have no other chance at life?

Killed by who agit8d?

I find it funny you seem to omit who is killing these people in Iraq. Its not Americans killing them, its the ensuing civil war. Lay blame where it belongs.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Perhaps somebody should take all those pictures along with our death troops names and start posting them all over the walls in the white House . . . somebody will have to get the point or have at least some human feelings in Washington and within Our elected officials.

What the hell is that #? are you going to start spitting on the troops now? are you going to show your true colors now? :shk:

Nothing ever changes.....

treason=patriotism

patriotism=war crimes

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   

You have voted Agit8dChop for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

oil runs thicker than blood.

one day they will pay for there actions.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan
What the hell is that #? are you going to start spitting on the troops now? are you going to show your true colors now? :shk:

Nothing ever changes.....

treason=patriotism

patriotism=war crimes

Try reading. Marg never said anything about spitting on the troops. She said we should get Americans to see who it is that is getting killed over there: Our own people. Our family. That's who's dying in Iraq.

Must you be so unpatriotic?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Killed by who agit8d?

I find it funny you seem to omit who is killing these people in Iraq. Its not Americans killing them, its the ensuing civil war. Lay blame where it belongs.

It might very well be an ensuing civil war. That doesn't change the fact that we helped it into being with the removal of Saddam from power AND not having one damned idea of what we would be facing AFTER he was removed. We brought this on ourselves, sad that people cannot figure that out.

[Mod Edit: Formatting - Jak]

[edit on 9/3/07 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Humm, again and again nothing more than pointless trolling coming from you.

still I can not take my self from ignoring your even the struggling troll need food, you can starve on my account.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join