It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Agents Under Attack on Mexico Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And why is it that you don't put the blame to those who are really to blame?...

Groups like UCLA who have given more rights to criminals than to the law abiding citizens...

I think you mean the ACLU, but I could be wrong.

Your arguement is so silly its silly.
Wasnt it the 'right' that got the Partiot act passed?
Couldnt the 'right' close the border down if they were really concerned about our safety or protecting our 'way of life'?
I mean, they listen to our phone calls, they created the national I.D., they threw away habeaus corpus, they invaded a sovereign nation half a world away based on false intelligence, they skyrocketed the national debt and formed the largest governmental agency in the history of the U.S. (homeland security) and they gave us a color coded system which will never see a green day, but they cant seem to round up some illegals and ask for their green cards?
THey wont stem the tide of a very real and growing danger to our 'way of life', instead they want to ship our boys off to foreign lands to be blown up by the handfuls?
Get a grip.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles

to do that would require either a repeal of posse comitatus or an invocation of the war powers act (which i think temp suspends pc anyway) in order to use federal troops on the borders.

Actually we are at war our nation under the Bush administration is fighting the war on terror so actually that doesn't only included the middle east but also at home . . .

Is so funny how our political elected leaders in power plays with their rights to wag wars. . .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The upcoming 'immigration reform package' is basically going to be a defacto draft of young Mexican and other Latino's into the military to continue the fake war on terrorism. Just like they did the Irish immigrants in the 1845 and the Civil War. As far as the purported increase in violence against the Border Patrol, I'm LMAO. Any border resident who's got half a brain cell knows that things could get much worse:

en.wikipedia.org...

About 100 years ago, things were truly wild down there. I guess it's time to impeach Gov. Blow Dry and fire up the Border Division again. Most of border Texas is of Mexican descent and they're paying the heaviest toll in this latest flare-up. If they start another Division to clean up the criminal activity along the border, my best guess is that like the Border Patrol right now, the ranks will be filled with native Tejanos seeking to defend their homes against the Coyotes and Narcotrafficano's. This is just more propaganda being put forth by the corporate controlled news media.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Actually we are at war our nation under the Bush administration is fighting the war on terror so actually that doesn't only included the middle east but also at home . . .

Is so funny how our political elected leaders in power plays with their rights to wag wars. . .

that is a FABULOUS point marge, i agree 100%, but, what would the reaction to putting the 4th ID on the border be both at home and in mexico? (not that i give a rats rear what mexico would think of it im just saying...)

i mean, id like to see it happen, i just dont think the govts got the stones to do it personally.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The US military has banned its soldiers from going to several border towns, especially Laredo, Texas for the past 15 months. They have been killing each other back and forth for two years.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I love the way people like to bag on Americans on the internet. Look, most of us disagree with the President and policy, the war, etc. Most of us(51% in 2000, and 49% in 2004) voted against Bush and he still won. Maybe the elections were rigged. The economy is terrible, the dollar is down, nothing is right. The 2008 election will be a new turn for America, and maybe Europe will once again look up to us as a protector, but right now America is seen as a world bully. What do you want us to do? For heaven's sake, all we could do was vote the man out, and he still won. Thank god he can only serve 8 years. The next president will look like a hero after Bush, much like Abraham Lincoln did during reconstruction.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I was under the impression that one of the main jobs of our military was to protect our borders, and to protect the US from invasion. So why can't we put them on the borders?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Lightman the problem is we have had almost 30 years of Bush and the gang in one form a another.Meet the new boss same as the old boss.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
I was under the impression that one of the main jobs of our military was to protect our borders, and to protect the US from invasion. So why can't we put them on the borders?

the theory is that since it is not the govt of mexico ordering the "invasion" that the illegal immigrants are not enemy combatants and therefore are simple criminals. that puts them inside the realm of law enforcement.

now, as we all know, we cant use federal soldiers for law enforcement due to posse comitatus.

so, we're back to wishing they would just let the border patrol do their job and give them the support they need.

personally, id rather see a few infantry divisions holding ongoing "wargames" along our southern border, but thats just me, im not worried that bush is going to then order those infantry divisions to impose martial law on any of the cities they happen to be near.

but thats just me.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:56 PM
link   
They may start using the tactics of IEDs and sniper attacks on border patrols and maybe against U.S. troops in response, we may have to pull out of this quagmire.

"American people tired of continuous flow of casualties demands that U.S. govt. gives up territory and pull troops to save lives."

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damocles
personally, id rather see a few infantry divisions holding ongoing "wargames" along our southern border, but thats just me, im not worried that bush is going to then order those infantry divisions to impose martial law on any of the cities they happen to be near.

but thats just me.

Wasn't that what some military from the state of Washngton were doing, training in the deserts of Arizona? They said it gave them excellent training for the rigors of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lightman9202
The next president will look like a hero after Bush

Maybe that's the point? Bush is portrayed as soooo bad that when Hilary enters office everyone worships her!

Originally posted by rdang
Those racist border agents should go to jail.

I hope that was a joke... Border Partol shouldn't let -isms get in the way of protecting their country.

I think the Border Patrol either needs to crack down or just give up, you can't have a half-arsed in between. Fire on any invaders, especially if they're armed, and they will stop flooding the border. Sounds harsh, but that's what they are; invaders. They are crossing your border without permission and attacking your soldiers, it's an invasion just without a declaration of war.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:52 AM
link   
"Today Americans would be outrgaed if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order; tomorrow they will be grateful. This is especially true if they were told there was an outside threat from beyond, whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead with world leaders to deliver them from this evil. The one thing man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well being granted to them by their world government"

Henry Kissiger speaking at a 1992 Bilderburg meeting.

Unknown fears.....rights willingly relinquished.....the ongoing m.o.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join