It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Border Agents Under Attack on Mexico Border

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Border Agents Under Attack on Mexico Border

www.newsmax.com

LAREDO, Texas -- Frustrated by tighter security on the U.S.-Mexico border, illegal immigrants and drug traffickers are taking it out on U.S. agents, increasingly attacking them with guns, rocks and petrol bombs.

Assaults against Border Patrol officers rose 10 percent to 843 incidents in the year to September 2006 from the same period a year before, officials say. It is also a near three-fold increase from two years previously.

Mexican drug cartels, locked in a turf feud and under pressure from an army crackdown, are lashing out at law enforcement officers in Texas.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Given the past performance by our gov't, I would think our Border Patrol is working at at a disadvantage. There has been little or no support for them from our "leaders", and they have been under constant attack from ilegal immigrant "rights" groups. In fact, our guys have been prosecuted for doing their jobs.

www.newsmax.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Welcome to the North American Union! America is defeated without a shot fired and Americans don't even know it. It's the most shameful defeat in history.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Smack]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:21 AM
link   
The saddest thing of all is this is the week the Alamo was lost.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
That is not all, due to deals and the corruption on some of this border states . . . border patrol agents are nothing but figures to make the rest of America think that the border is taken care off.

I say . . . all border patrol agents should go on strike against their states.

The drugs dealers and drug traffickers knows more about their rights supported by american laws . . . than American border patrol agents.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The drugs dealers and drug traffickers knows more about their rights supported by american laws . . . than American border patrol agents.

That's true, marg, and it's because they have more rights than the Border Patrol have.

The problem is, we are only making the situation worse. Under conditions like this, it is understandable that agents would fall to corruption. Why should they care, when the gov't doesn't support their efforts to do their job?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:35 AM
link   
JS, I wonder what is going on in our nation, it seems that our own elected political leaders do not care, and the elite in power in the pursue of fulfilling their agendas they care less about the rest of the hard working population.

Where is our nation .ing Js . . .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:44 AM
link   

it seems that our own elected political leaders do not care, and the elite in power in the pursue of fulfilling their agendas they care less about the rest of the hard working population.

That's the way it's always been, and always will be as long as we put our faith in authority figures. Authority works for it's own interests, not yours, and that will never change.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Unfortunately, this has really been going on for a long time now.

Until last year, I was a member on a large hunting lease for years located between Del Rio and Eagle Pass (S. of Val Verde County). Eventually the lease simply became too dangerous; around 2004 and during the 2005 season we had numerous incidents where we would walk-up on large groups of “illegals” crossing (sometimes armed) around dusk and vandalism/theft was perpetrated upon the cabins regularly.

The border patrol agents, sheriffs and game wardens along with their too regular words about safety and of caution…all had regular stories of violence against them even back then….we all left the lease in 2006.

The local border news is about the only place one finds any current information concerning events such as border clashes, threats to local ranchers, frequent abductions, on going trials, murders etc. all related to the border crossers.

mg

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This is all a shame. The BP agents work hard and for what? The government never does anything to stop the problems that are on the border at all.

Then to add insult to injury the Mexican government complains because a few BP agents cross into Mexico some 30 feet to put out a fire that jumped the border.

Give us all a break and give the agents some help is what I say.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
And so today on the news they are telling me that
"Violent crime is up 10% nation wide", and the spin was on the story was basically anti-gun, if you can imagine that.
Then I come here to ATS and read ...

Assaults against Border Patrol officers rose 10 percent to 843 incidents in the year to September 2006 from the same period a year before, officials say. It is also a near three-fold increase from two years previously.

So do you think that the nationwide rise in violent crime has anything to do with the thousands of illeagal pooring across the border on a daily basis?
Seems odd that both stats rose 10% each.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Interesting that you bring the violence increase, here in the south we are having also problem with domestic violence within the illegal immigrant population . . . some has to do with drug, alcohol use . . .

We also have problems with violence against illegal immigrants also by local gang member no related to Spanish.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   

We also have problems with violence against illegal immigrants also by local gang member no related to Spanish.

What ethnic group makes those gangs marg? I could be wrong but I doubt they are white gangs, my guess would be more then likely they are Puerto Rican (sp?), Cuban and possibly some African Americans.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I said not spanish related and that will be all I will say for now, you know the make over of the south . . .

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Those racist border agents should go to jail.How dare they get in the way of hard working mexicans.Sunkist needs cheap labor to maintain its profit margin.As long as money can be made,F.. the law!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

I said not spanish related and that will be all I will say for now, you know the make over of the south . . .

I know you did, however I think it is a question that needs answering.

You said there are gangs and I for one would like to know the make up of those gangs and no I do not know the make over of the South so please explain what it is. It is not nice to point fingers ya know. Thank you

Just for your Information some of the gangs are latinos and they came from Chicago

When done with the above here are 66 more gang related actives in GA many of which include LATINOS

[edit on 3/9/2007 by shots]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   

JS, I wonder what is going on in our nation, it seems that our own elected political leaders do not care, and the elite in power in the pursue of fulfilling their agendas they care less about the rest of the hard working population.

Where is our nation .ing Js . . .

And why is it that you don't put the blame to those who are really to blame?...

Groups like UCLA who have given more rights to criminals than to the law abiding citizens...

It has been the left and far left working for decades to give more "rights to those who break the law"....

At first the right groups were working for good causes, but in the last few decades they have given more rights to criminals than to law abiding citizens..

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

And why is it that you don't put the blame to those who are really to blame?...

Yes I did, but occurs you fail to notice in your haste to bring the lefty and righty agenda. . .

Humm, all our corrupted elected officials.

Groups like UCLA who have given more rights to criminals than to the law abiding citizens...

Again blaming one group when the entire government is on it, makes again a lefty and righty agenda . . .

It has been the left and far left working for decades to give more "rights to those who break the law"....

I don't know about that because it was Reagan a Righty that gave the first wave of illegals their amnesty rights.

And let me remind you that for the last 6 years has been righties in the congress control ignoring the border problem so they can push their favorite corporate lobbyists agendas. . .

At first the right groups were working for good causes, but in the last few decades they have given more rights to criminals than to law abiding citizens..

Yeah with Reagan to start, right? you know your argument makes not much sense when the enemy seems to be our own government working against us in favor of supplying the corporate American with slave workers so they don't have to move to China and Asia to get their slaves. . .

This allour elected governments involve righties and lefties.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is another reason why we should have the military on our borders!! Damn.... Why don't people listen?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
This is another reason why we should have the military on our borders!! Damn.... Why don't people listen?

ahh but therein also lies a problem sot.

to do that would require either a repeal of posse comitatus or an invocation of the war powers act (which i think temp suspends pc anyway) in order to use federal troops on the borders.

otherwise you have to activate the guard on a state level and most states underfund the guard from state money anyway so their out there with out all the cool toys everyone cries about not having in iraq as well (body armor, armored hummers etc)

ok so we have the troops on the borders. how long until people start crying "POLICE STATE POLICE STATE THEY HAVE THE ARMY DOING LAW ENFORCEMENT ON US SOIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" (not that im pointing fingers vit....KIDDING!)

which do we want?

personally id rather they just gave the border patrol and INS not only the orders but the support needed to do their jobs. i dont blame either agency in the least...i blame their superiors and DC for this problem, and yes, it is a problem

get BP the agents, training and equipment to do the job, get ins to start rounding up anyone who isnt here legally. done.

i have no problem with immigrants who want to come here and start a life as a US citizen or legal alien. no issue at all. but anyone here who's NOT paying their taxes, didnt come through the border legally or through the processes that have actually worked for some time now i do have issue with.

oh, heh, muaddib...ACLU? or univ of cali los angeles?
jk

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Damocles]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join