It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could the people of atlantis really fly?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
some eviedence shows that the people of atlantis had some means of flying. do you beleave this to be true?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
No.

There's no evidence of Atlantis ever existing so there is no evidence that the people of Atlantis could fly!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
yup
they could also knit moonbeams and weave stardust

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Also, they way I understand it, they made a mean spinach and gruyere souffle. They could, by using their vastly advanced superscience, make it rise even more than we, with our puny technology, can today. Also, they made it uncollapsable so that it would never fall.

Also, they rode around in the sky on their various souffles. But their enemies soon learned to gun them down with huge spurts from their gravy boats.

Hmmm. I'm hungry. Must be lunchtime.

Harte

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
well their city could fly..........

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Well, the only evidence for Atlantis possessing advanced technology comes from the Mahabharata.

In it, there are accounts of ancient Atlantis (as well as ancient India) possessing advanced technology and weapons. Of the two, Atlantis was more advanced and more warlike.
Both nations possessed flying machines (called Vimana in the text)

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I thought that flying technology had the Arians (people from Mars) and not the Atlandeans...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am unware that Plato's story of Atlantis has any concordance in the Mahabharata. Please provide evidence for your assertion.

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I'm not talking about Plato or his theories. And the source is the Mahabharata. If you want to review it rent it from your library. I haven't read it all, but what I have is pretty good.

Even if its not true, it is an amazing book.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I have a copy of an English translation, and don't recall anything about Atantis in it.....

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by that1guy789
some eviedence shows that the people of atlantis had some means of flying. do you beleave this to be true?

Nope.

Plato says nothing about this. They were Bronze Age people (in his tale) and they were defeated by Athens (who had bronze armor and weapons.)

The "flying" gets "channeled" by someone in the early to mid 1900's. I think Edgar Cayce is the source of that. So it's a modern myth on this old morality tale.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Well, the only evidence for Atlantis possessing advanced technology comes from the Mahabharata.

...which doesn't mention Atlantis.

In it, there are accounts of ancient Atlantis (as well as ancient India) possessing advanced technology and weapons. Of the two, Atlantis was more advanced and more warlike.
Both nations possessed flying machines (called Vimana in the text)

Actually, "vimana" means "temple roof." It's not a plane. The demons levitated them much like flying carpets.

There's a pseudo-ancient book on "flying vimanas". We researched it here, and it turns out (surprise, surprise) to be "channeled" in 1910 or so and not an ancient book at all. The "made it all up in 1910 fits perfectly with the 1910 design elements in the ships (which look like dirigibles, the most common airship of that time) and the unworkable engine concepts.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I'm not talking about Plato or his theories. And the source is the Mahabharata. If you want to review it rent it from your library. I haven't read it all, but what I have is pretty good.

Really? I find it incredibly tedious, with verse after verse exhorting the overall wonderfulness of the various main characters, who zip about and tussle worse than anime cartoon folk.

top topics

join