It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could something major be in the works

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Indonesia had a few large earthquakes in the last couple of days. Approximately 70 people were killed. The Scientist are now putting out the word that these earthquakes that occurred has increased the activity of 3 active volcano's, Talang, Tandikat and Merapi.

The Southeast Coast of Russia just had a 6.2 quake and California/Nevada Border had a 4.7

Since UFO's are known to frequent volcano's there is a greater possibility with three becoming more active people may be able to get something.

The Scientist are saying it could take up to one month so see if the earthquakes activate the volcano's so that gives a good bit of time for observations.

I said before and I say again I still don't feel good about these areas and it been a month already. I am hoping this passes

Edit to add update:

Since the earthquakes in Indonesia they have had 800 aftershocks and the 4.7 that happened in Cal. happened Thur. night and they had a swarm of 23 quakes between 7:17 to 9:22. The people in Cal. should be keeping there eyes to the skies.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by observe50]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
From reading about quakes years ago, did I remember right that if there are a number of smaller quakes, that helps relieve the pressures much better than huge build-up and then release through enormous quakes. So, since some places like Central California and other fault areas have nearly daily quakes in the 2.5 range, it seems like they're pretty good at constant relief of stress.

Big quake near Japan recently, though. And a bunch of larger ones in the mid-Atlantic ridge.

I don't know if we can tell if things are worse, better, different than many years in the past. We do seem to have far more monitoring equipment than prior generations and that may trigger more feelings of risk. From my point of view, the earth has always had various types of earth quakes. We really don't care that much unless we're in buildings that come down on top of us. I've never been in an earth quake myself (that I know of) - seems like the biggest damage earth quakes do is to break down human-constructed structures. And cause tsunamis. The world needs better tsunami warning systems, that's for sure.

Now, you're right - volcanos. If any large volcanos blow, that is far more interesting and you could be right, there may be some kind of new Pinitubo type eruption forth coming. As it always has been on this planet - volcanos fire off at various random times.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Right, and the Scientist are saying that it could take up to a month for a volcano to erupt due to these earthquakes.

What I am trying to tell people is UFO's are often found in and around volcanos. So if there is a chance that 3 may erupt in the next month there might be sightings in those areas.

People in Cal./Nevada should keep there eyes up to since there is activity in those areas. The Cascades have Volcano's so our members out there can keep themselves aware and let us know if any UFO activity evolves.

I agree with the smaller quakes relieving stress.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Eh, I'm not so sure...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I would not call these objects UFO’s but rather earthlights:

EarthLights
It was that eccentric American collector of anomalous material, Charles Fort, who compiled the first catalogue of reports of mysterious lights in the sky, long before anyone had thought to equate such manifestations with alien spacecraft. In fact, for all his many bizarre ideas, Fort had literally a down-to-earth view of what the luminous phenomena might be and noted a possible geographical connection between them and regions prone to earthquakes and tremors. The name "earth lights" was coined much more recently by British researcher Paul Devereux, author of the only two full books on the subject.
In 1954, F. Lagarde matched the centers of activity in a French wave of unidentified flying objects to the location of geological faults. Two decades later, Canadian researchers Michael Persinger and G. Lafreniere, found a similar pattern of correlation between UFO reports and sites of tectonic disturbance in North America.

There is nothing paranormal about Earthlights, they are caused by friction generated at fault lines from tectonic activity. This has been replicated in labs and proven to be the cause.

Laboratory studies have offered a few tantalizing clues. In 1981, at the request of Michael Persinger, Brian Brady of the US Bureau of Mines carried out an experiment in Denver in which a granite core was crushed in darkened conditions and filmed in slow motion. Afterwards, the researchers observed lights on the film, flitting out from the decaying core and moving around the chamber of the rock-crusher.

[edit on 3/9/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
How did you come to the conclusion that ufo frequently visit active volcanoes? I'd like to see something to back this up, other than just a statement.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Sorry you don't have to believe my statement just observe.

If you out to start something you aren't getting anywhere here cause at my age I don't care if you believe what I write or not I'm just sharing.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:45 PM
link   
check out this link and you can see most quakes and all active volcanos.
Link
its pretty amazing. thx for sharing.
peace

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I think Sensfan nailed it.
Observe50 provided a statement, the burden of proof lies with him.
And to tell me, "just observe" ?
Why don't you "just prove".

Here we go again,
Lex

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Lax just google it do your own research.
C thanks I'm going to have to check it out.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The name is LEX, not Lax. If that was some sort of jab, it ain't funny.

And again, YOU made the claim. YOU show me some research. Please.

To post claims with no proof, then tell the readers to do their own research
is not only bad politics, it's plain rude.

Good day, sir.
Lex

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Touchy aren't we Lex. I made an honest typo error and you just had to jump on it didn't you.

Well, I am a her not a he but aside from that I don't have to prove anything to anyone. Just google and you will learn. You can't possibly be that lazy can you.

If your looking for a argument go to another thread your wasting your time with me.

If you don't have anything of interest to contribute like the others on the thread I think you aren't going to bored.

Where's the love?????

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok, I'll contribute.
Earthquakes happen daily. Fact of life.
Where are your UFO's ?
Anywhere ? Everywhere ?
Your turn.

And, I'm sorry for mis-identifying your gender.

Good night, ma'am.

Lex

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Lex,

You have made an old woman chuckle, Ma'am I haven't been called Ma'am for a long time, I think I was getting on the ride in Disney called Space Mountain and the kid said something like if you've had heart problems it probably wouldn't be safe to get on this ride Ma'am

Off topic, this old lady ain't gonna argue with you all I was trying to do is be nice and share with anyone that was interested was that either when something major is/might occur you will usually see an increase in ufo activity and the ships do have a tendency to hang around volcanoes especially if something is going to happen.

Lex I know the Grey's pretty dang well and they record everything on this here planet. Now I'm just sharing that information with ya!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Originally posted by observe50

Lex I know the Grey's pretty dang well and they record everything on this here planet. Now I'm just sharing that information with ya!

Ok, share some more info.
Like, how well you know the Grey's.
How you know they record everything.
How I can get involved.

Thanks in advance,
Lex

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Lax just google it do your own research.
C thanks I'm going to have to check it out.

This is actually against the ATS guidelines. To post with the lack of any and I mean links scans or pictures and really no typed info either is the exact opposite of what I (and many others) have come to expect from people that post on these forums.
Some people would really like to hear what your have to say so if you could be the first one to bury the hachet that would be great.

On re-reading one of your posts it really is sounding like opeion that "they" observe our planet and that you don't have much more to say then that. either way I don't think the way either of you are going about this is right so I guess all i can do is wish you luck.

[edit on 22/08/06 by Canada_EH]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:42 AM
link   
well... i Often sit outside and just watch the night sky (its very interesting).... if i see an increase in activity ill be sure to pots it AND TAPE IT!!! (so far... i have seen NO ACTIVITY.. other than Satellites... lol) ... but its always interesting... hmmm lol...

sorry if this doesnt make sense or belong here... im bored and found this thread interesting... and im also kind of REALLY TIRED haha... cya ppl later man

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I Live in Fairfield Cali by Travis Air force base and tonight i have seen and can still see three red light just floating in the sky....the top one is blinking though...so im keeping an eye out...people see UFOs out here all the time

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
defcon5, thanks for sharing that info. I've heard of UFOs being associated with volcanoes, but I had no idea that there was a scientific explanation behind it.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Postal76]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 02:22 AM
link   

I know the Grey's pretty dang well and ..........

Umm...... care to elaborate on this?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join