It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Podcast?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Hello, I have a question?

I hear about these podcast all the time. Especially hear on the ats. I've even listen to them from springer, skeptic and some others.

However, what are they? How do you make one?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:34 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here Is our official/nonofficial guide to podcasting tools.

podcast comes from iPod's,mostly I think people go to sites and download them to their iPods. Podcasts are kinda like new age radio shows.

in that thread you should find some tools, basically I use windows sound recorder and a mic,You can get cheap ones or expensive ones. Record a .wav file of your voice,talking about whatever,then use one of these provided programs and convert it to an mp3. then UPLOAD IT!!!..heheh

something like that.

Tor.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Ok, I looked at your sites.

Are you saying you can voice record what you want to say and download it here to the ats without typeing anything?

Its just you giving your opinion through your voice?

And how do I know which one to download if I would do it?

Download Audacity 1.2.6
Download Audacity 1.3.2 (Beta)

And Am I right to assume I don't need an Ipod to do this. Although my girl has one. I might have more question later if I get into this.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Shar]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Are you saying you can voice record what you want to say and download it here to the ats without typeing anything?

Its just you giving your opinion through your voice?

That is correct.

And Am I right to assume I don't need an Ipod to do this. Although my girl has one. I might have more question later if I get into this.

You do not need an iPod to do a Podcast, the only thing they have in
common is the word 'pod' in there names.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by iori_komei]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:42 PM
link   
no you dont need an ipod all you have to do is record the wav oor whatever.use audacity to make an .mp3 save it to your desktop or wherever you want.
Now go to the podcast page,the link can be found on the very top of this page on the right.Once there the upload panel is on the right hand side of the main podcast page. There you can press browse to search you comp for your .mp3
You will have to fill out some info like the title of the podcast,aswell as how long it is,and then pick a place to put it.like abovetopsecret or belowtopsecret. I hope this helps.!!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Well I downloaded it. Its seems like its just a tape recorder. I'm going to try and do an introduction of myself and then try and post it later to see how it turns out. I hope no body laughs to hard at me.

remember this will be my first if it succeeds.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:29 AM
link   
ok I think I just submitted an introduction. However, I dont know if it went through or if you got it. Can someone tell me how I would know if it worked?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Seems no one is available to answer me right now.
hopefully some one will be soon enough.

Got yet another question for you, can I talk on Audacity 1.2.6 and it not go out to the public? Otherwords is everything I say on it go out on the airways somewhere? Or does it stay in my computer till I put it out there?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Got yet another question for you, can I talk on Audacity 1.2.6 and it not go out to the public? Otherwords is everything I say on it go out on the airways somewhere? Or does it stay in my computer till I put it out there?

I don't think your podcast uploaded, It takes a while after you hit the submit button for it to upload. if you leave the page before you get the conformation the podcast will not finnish uploading.

also there seems to be an issue if you use firefox to upload your podcasts, use IE to upload your podcasts it works much better for some reason. (I'm not exactly sure why but it does)

when you go to the podcast upload area you put in the title of your podcast, then you give it a description then you select where it needs to be desplayed *type then select if it is explicit or has no profanity tell us how long it is then use the browse option and select the MP3 that you made from your computer. Then hit that upload button once and be patient. It takes a while for a mp3 to upload to the ATS servers. (IMPORTANT: Click submit once, and wait for the confirmation message.)

It will come back and tell you that your podcast has been successfully uploaded and it will give you the ATS filename for it. and it suggests you write it down. (not that neccessary) now once it does this go to the main ATS page and hit recent posts and you should see your podcast on the list for everyone to listen to.

Yes if you record yourself on audacity it does not go anywere untill you put it up somewhere on the net. Its safe and sound on your computer not being enjoyed by anyone other thain you.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well I just did it again. This is my third attempt. If it don't go this time I guess pod casting is just not for me.

Since it was my first one it was only about a minute long to introduce myself to podcasting.

However, It just don't seem to be going. So far its just sitting there been about 5 minutes last time I gave it 10 minutes. I give it longer this time.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:06 AM
link   
I don't think it work the page just came back up to put a new thing in it.

Anyways, my file says it 2 kb and its a .aup file. I don't know what that is.

So maybe someone can tell me what else to do here.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Ah thats the problem right there you have to export your podcast as an mp3 file, In audacity go to File, then export as MP3 and it will convert your .AUP into an MP3 for you. This is the file that you want to upload. Once you get the MP3 file on your desktop you should be able to upload it with no problem.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Just read the thread in my siggy and you'll be podcasting in no time.

wupy

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Well I'm going to relook at all the directions again to see what I am missing here. So here I go again.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ok I know I skipped the Lame library.

I just went there there was so many things to click on and down load. Can someone tell me which button on that page I'm suppose to click to download please.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
audacity.sourceforge.net...

Alright thats the page you want.Now im not too familiar with this program but i think you need the second link under optional downloads. LAME MP3
ENCODER

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
For a podcast to uploaded it must be an MP3, and you have to have the Lame library to do that if you are using Audacity.

There are several programs you can use to make a podcast. Just remember that it has to be an MP3 if you want to upload it to ATS.

Good luck

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Well its in another window I minus it down. Just sitting there. Its been same window for about 40 minutes. I don't know if its went I doubt it. It was 36 seconds long. It can play on my computer in the windows media player. Its saved as ats introduction mp3. So I would of thought it should of worked this time.
Well thats it. I cant do it. I will just do this instead. No podcasting on ats from me.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:17 PM
link   
when uploading to the podcast section, how fast your internet is makes a big difference. I have a cable based modem with a lot of speed,and it still takes along time to upload a podcast. How fast are you? a 56k speed could possibly almost be impossible..!!!

I dunno.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join