It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Guantanamo Detainee Calls Home

page: 3
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
the Taliban were the legitimate government of Afghanistan at the time we invaded, we were attacking, he waas fighting for the government. he deserves the same rights accorded to POW's.


Was the Taliban in charge when he picked up a weapon and started fighting for them? I don't know .. I'm asking. If he picked up a weapon and joined them while they were in charge .. you might be right. If he picked up a weapon after they were ousted ... then JSO is right.

Either way .. he is old enough to be considered a man in that part of the world and he picked up a gun and started shooting at coalition forces. He's right where he should be now.




posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
this boy was fifteen and obviously felt passionately enough about a cause to fight for it. sure, he may have been blinded by that passion.

I think many posters here are unable to see this from a neutral perspective because of their status as an american.



posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
I seemed to have read somewhere on this thread that The United States has a base in Cuba because we force it on them. Well according to a treaty that the Cuban Government signed back when the United States fought the Spanish and liberated Cuba from Spanish rule; Cuba forfeits that land that the Base is plotted on and it is American territory. It's written in ink people, not because we force it on them, but because it's there indefinitely until we say otherwise.

Shattered OUT...


Wrong... we rent the place under that treaty... every year we send Castro a check for the base and every year he puts it in a drawer and leaves it there. he has never cashed a single check for the rent of Gitmo we send him.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
WRONG!!! Like it or not, the Taliban were the legitimate government of Afghanistan at the time we invaded, we were attacking, he waas fighting for the government. he deserves the same rights accorded to POW's.

Well, then I'm sure you'll have no problem showing us the official uniform of the Talibani National Army, or their official flag, or their signatures on international treaties where they agree to follow the ROE, or their agrement to acknowlege and support the efforts of humanitarian groups, or their official extradition policies, or their official conscription policies.

Please post them here for our review.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by coronamoz
this boy was fifteen and obviously felt passionately enough about a cause to fight for it. sure, he may have been blinded by that passion.

I think many posters here are unable to see this from a neutral perspective because of their status as an american.

I see it as a failure of his parents to raise him right.



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Originally posted by grover
WRONG!!! Like it or not, the Taliban were the legitimate government of Afghanistan at the time we invaded, we were attacking, he waas fighting for the government. he deserves the same rights accorded to POW's.

Well, then I'm sure you'll have no problem showing us the official uniform of the Talibani National Army, or their official flag, or their signatures on international treaties where they agree to follow the ROE, or their agrement to acknowlege and support the efforts of humanitarian groups, or their official extradition policies, or their official conscription policies.

Please post them here for our review.


No, don't worry he is correct.

there system of government was religious, grover might tell you what it was but it starts with c. I think they came to power 95/96? not sure. They are "student" of God? Don't know enough on the topic. But it is also a broad term. The US administration refer to the "Taliban" as the Taliban militia arm.

But now it is different becuase of the invasion / change of policy. US can now effectively label them as insurgents.

I believe this move to be morally negative, but that is another story.

All the best,

Selmer2



posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by grover
Wrong... we rent the place under that treaty... every year we send Castro a check for the base and every year he puts it in a drawer and leaves it there. he has never cashed a single check for the rent of Gitmo we send him.

Actually, let me be frank. He doesn't have a choice, but to rent out that land. It says in the treaty it is ours indefinitely(all the while we pay Cuba for it).

Cuba is fortunate that we even pay them for it because technically we were the ones who won that territory in the Spanish-American war. We were as nice enough to give them their liberation and pay them for land.

Shattered OUT...



new topics

top topics



 
3
<< 1  2   >>

log in

join