It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Feeling While Sleeping

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Ive had this happen to me every once in a while since as long as i can remember. I'll try and explain this feeling the best i can, it occurs when im in between deep sleep and falling asleep.. like when im not totally asleep yet. make sence? anyways, i wake up, wide awake, after what felt like being dropped from like 3 feet above my bed. I get the feeling of weightlessness like i literally fell from above my bed. like i was levitating or SOMETHING. anyone else ever get this strange feeling? it dosn't happen often but when it does happen it is very noticable. very strange feeling

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think everyone experiences the feeling of weightlessness in those moments just before sleep. Meditation can also help to cause this sensation, it is a result of your mind giving priority to other aspects of your person, such as your sleeping state.

Being somewhat aware of this as it is happening is a good indicator that you would be able to learn conscious dreaming, which is being aware and in control of your dreams. This is pretty fun.

The mind is a pretty interesting thing.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
yes the mind is indeed very interesting, thank you for taking the time to respond to my thread. i'll look into meditation as you mentioned

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
ive had that feeling its so cool relaxing make me have good dreAms

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Yep Ive had this several times and your right its pretty strange. Its probably just the effect of certain chemicals that are released when you are coming out of or going into sleep suddenly. Or if you want the more mystical interpretation (LOL) its your soul slamming back into your body after having a nice stroll in the astral plane. Take your pick

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:33 PM
link   
my soul slamming back into my body huh? haha, i like that idea. THANKS !!!

new topics

top topics

join