It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 Countries that need to clean up their Act!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I would say that India and China make up the 2 most polluted areas in the world. They have sacraficed economic growth for a clean environment! They need to clean up their act before they are left with polluted water and a starving pollution. The western world has moved its pollution to Asia! IMHO!

China

India and China

The Brown Cloud!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You can't be too hard on them thought.

Both countries are trying to compete with US capitalism and they are trying to create goods for America at the same time... thus all the factories.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Whilst I agree with your premise, we must remember they are only doing what most “modern” western countries did 100 years ago. That is – “industrialise” to enhance their economy and quality of life.

We in the western countries enjoy a good quality of life now because our forefathers raped and polluted this planted with blind abandonment.

That is why the planet is in such a state i.e global warming etc. – because of the last 100 years, not the last 10.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think you mean they sacrificed the environment for their economy

But, you should remember that one reason the US companies went to China and India is that there is no EPA there.
What they cannot do in the US...
It's probably much like England, the US and other countries were at the beginning of the Industrial Revolution .

Also, they are developing countries. You can be in a four star hotel and walk out into the street and step in large animal dung. There isn't the kind of human sewage treatement that we have in the US and other more developed countries.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
That is why the planet is in such a state i.e global warming etc. – because of the last 100 years, not the last 10.

Climate Change has been happening for billions of years and mankind was not around for those billions of years.

In the past the Earth has had 10 times more CO2 than we have now, yet never did the Earth have "runaway global warming" like in Venus, yet we are being told that now it is?... When the CO2 level is lower than it has been several times in the past?...

The Earth will continue to have Climate shifts, whether or not mankind is around.

As to China and India cleaning up their act, it should be those governments the ones cleaning up, but instead what i see are some trying to blame the western world for what the governments of China and India are not doing.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   

To all this is what this means to me!

China and India are the cheap sources of labor, free trade is not fair trade!

Imagine if China and India had to adhere to all the United States and European labor regulations, pollution, safety, etc. They would be no profitable than the U.S.

Water and Food will be the ultimate resouces in this world that resource is being destroyed by India and China in short term persuit of profit. I see nothing but darkness for the emerging world if they don't adapt proper enviromental regulations and enforce them sooner rather than later.

The US and Europe continue to outsorce their debt, pollution and unskilled labor at the expense of others, not that there is anything wrong with that if you find a willing participant!

[edit on 3/9/07 by mel1962]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mel1962
I would say that India and China make up the 2 most polluted areas in the world.

You come to Thailand, take a trip north of Bangkok and see how it feels to breath the air. Amazing. The land of smiles, they call it.

No, it's not funny at all. Enviromental laws are greatest threat to "development". Nothing to smile at.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
If no constructive action is taken by India or China, the great die off of populations will happen sooner, rather tha later!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchNLearn
Whilst I agree with your premise, we must remember they are only doing what most “modern” western countries did 100 years ago. That is – “industrialise” to enhance their economy and quality of life.

We in the western countries enjoy a good quality of life now because our forefathers raped and polluted this planted with blind abandonment.

But we know better now. The question is which is more profitable anti pollution or industrial clean up. Someone is going to rake in cash in either business.

posted on Mar, 25 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Polluted Asian Rivers

The fresh water supply is in trouble, the rivers are being polluted at an alarming rate. This could be the largest tragedy in human history if it continues

Asia's river systems face collapse

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
The world is risking its own health by allowing China and India to pollute the oceans and air. Now they are polluting our imports. I have tried to limit items from these two countries because of these dangers.

Here is an update on China!

China Pollution Update One!

China Pollution Update Two!

Here is an update on India!

India Pollution Update!

Here is an update on both India and China!

India and China Pollution Update!

posted on Jul, 22 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Originally posted by mel1962
I would say that India and China make up the 2 most polluted areas in the world.

You come to Thailand, take a trip north of Bangkok and see how it feels to breath the air. Amazing. The land of smiles, they call it.

No, it's not funny at all. Enviromental laws are greatest threat to "development". Nothing to smile at.

Or walk along Sukhumvit Rd, or Silom Rd in the rush hour and die of suffocation?

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Mmmm i must go back soon, i love the food most of all. I have much to learn still on how to cook alot of their dishes.

Well, you also have to remember that Asian countries industrialised in a fraction of the time western countries did, their environment is taking one massive hit instead of a steady decline.

I do agree that they need to reduce their pollution, but theres no need to point the blame. If everyone does it, it would be better than targetting those lower down than them and expecting praise.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
They need to clean up their own act for the survival of their people and if they want the west to buy their food products! No pointing blame, just do the right thing and oh by the way you may find that your cost are going to increase, so maybe asia won't be so affordable for imports. The only people I blame our the governments of those countries and the international corporations that promote pollution in less regulated areas!
IMHO!

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Well the thing is though that you blaming their government for inaction is kind of hypocritical.

You do know that American cars cant be sold in China? Your cars dont come up to their eco standards.

China can change, and is in the process of doing so. but theres no point blaming one countries government over another, all countries need to clean up their act. Even mine.

posted on Jul, 25 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I think western goverments already know what's happening in China and India. If you can't de-stabilize an area through economics or war, the next best thing is to let them pollute the crap out of themselves to the point that they suffer mass causultys at no expence to themselves, all while reaping cheap products from them as they slowly march to thier own end. Thier are reasons that they regulate this stuff, and they KNOW what happens when you don't. Why else would the west be so complacent. This is how we destroy a perceived enemy without any real war. China cannot export it's own resourses forever. Think of all the oil china buys, turns into plastic and sends here...oil that we don't need, but they will. How can china and india expect to gas up all thier vehicles(after more industrialization) and export the most plastics in the world? Is this how the US taps oil from "enemy" countrys such as Iran?

posted on Aug, 2 2007 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
Well the thing is though that you blaming their government for inaction is kind of hypocritical.

You do know that American cars cant be sold in China? Your cars dont come up to their eco standards.

China can change, and is in the process of doing so. but theres no point blaming one countries government over another, all countries need to clean up their act. Even mine.

I nearly messed myself with that statement!

China has no ecological regulations and what ones they do they ignore to provide slave labor and garbage consumer products to the rest of the world!

Read below and ye shall learn!

Asia's Brown Cloud!

new topics

top topics

join