It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donate a Kidney..... Get out of jail early

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   
South Carolina is considering a law that would have prisoners exchange organs for time served credit. From Kidneys to bone marrow, donations would shave time off of sentances.

I have huge ethical issues regarding how organ donation is handled in this country. People like David Crosby and Larry Hagman seem to jump to the top of lists as soon as they need an organ while other languish till they die. If we are going to allow inmates to trade organs for time, then how long will it be till we have a whole comodoties section devoted to trading organs? Its an ethical slippery slope as far as I am concerned

At what point would the donation become in-voulentary?

S.C. may cut jail time for organ donors

[edit on 3/8/07 by FredT]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 01:06 AM
link   
your link is dead but I found another article on it from CBS news, and a related article.. I wonder what experiments and stuff they do on bodies to further control of human beings when someone opts on their drivers license to donate organs?

www.cbsnews.com...

Wanna Cut Your Jail Time? Donate A Kidney!
S.C. Legislation Would Reduce Prison Terms For Inmates Who Donate Organs, Bone Marrow

The Illegal Organ Trading: The Land of China is Sobbing
By the end of 2004, the transplant surgical department of the Tianjin First ... Corrupt Chinese prison officials often steal the organs of the inmates who ...
www.pureinsight.org/pi/index.php?news=3910

[edit on 19-5-2007 by PowerToThePeople]

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Isn't it a topsy turvy world? A UK guy has just narrowly escaped a prison sentence for offering to sell his kidney.

posted on May, 19 2007 @ 04:26 AM
link   
That's not the best way to get a new kidney. But It sure beats, waking up in an ice bath with a pain in the errr kidney area.

Removing a kidney from a con will not change the con! Somehow it might be better to pass yourself on to the next level, than let some evil rapist out a few years early.

It's not the way to go people. Unless they just start using serial cons as transplant material and take kidneys out 2 at a time.

top topics

join