It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is your favorite/least favorite rapper?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I dont know what the ratio is of rap enthusiasts is within this board, but I wonder who peoples favorite rappers are, and why?

Also for that matter, I wonder what rappers people dislike and why.

My personal favorite is Common. His lyrics are very politically motivated, and he really brings a lot of knowledge to the table. Flow is impeccable.

Least favorite has to be Lady Sovereign. Simply put, this is garbage rap and has no place even being categorized as rap. She needs to get out the game...QUICK.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Cormega. Easily one of the best lyracists in the game. Anyone into hip-hop should check out Cormega. Nas is up there too with Styles P and Lil Wayne. Yea I said it, Lil Wayne. Dudes got skill and hes easy to listen to.

Least favorite rapper? Theres so many horrible rappers i don't know where to start..

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I feel you, biotic. I hated on Lil Wayne when he came into the game, but he definitely has some skills. Actually I wanted nothing to do with Southern Rap, but I just got turned onto Chamillionaire and I must say, he is hot.

LOL there are far to many rappers that are horrible, but there has to be one that you REALLY despise. Take a shot...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:03 PM
link   
if youre just getting into southern rap you should give young dro a listen. imo he one of the freshest to come out of the south in a while.

hmm well LEAST favorite rapper huh? let's see here well i can't disagree with Lady Sovereign but i guess i should name my own least favorite rapper huh? ima have to think about this i guess, haha

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Extremely extremely am I saddened that.....Tupac's name hasn't even been mentioned....he without a doubt is the greatest rapper ever, ever word he spoke was as powerful as a bullet, he talked about real life issues like proverty, jail, police harrassment, and hope for women....he was like the Martin Luther King jr. of rap and too fought for black rights, that guy had REAL skill, you can't even put any other rapper on his level, he had a level of his own, and he was very talented, smart, and bright. RIP!

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Russian soldier
Extremely extremely am I saddened that.....Tupac's name hasn't even been mentioned....he without a doubt is the greatest rapper ever, ever word he spoke was as powerful as a bullet, he talked about real life issues like proverty, jail, police harrassment, and hope for women....he was like the Martin Luther King jr. of rap and too fought for black rights, that guy had REAL skill, you can't even put any other rapper on his level, he had a level of his own, and he was very talented, smart, and bright. RIP!

You bring up a good point. Tupac is my favorite rapper because of his purpose and lyrics and pretty much everything about him. RIP.

I also like Immortal Technique. He raps about similar things that he's truly experienced (unlike a lot of the fake rappers today) and rhymes very masterfully. Listen to his song Dance With the Devil and you'll see what I mean.

My least favorite rapper would probably have to be ... I don't know... Lady Sovereign, but she's so pathetically horrible I hesitate to even call her a rapper. There's too many bad rappers to name.

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

youre taking the 'hoilier than thou' attitude when you make this comment. man I LOVE hip-hop and have listened to ALL OF IT. of course 2pac was one of the greatest MC's ever to play the game but the question was FAVORITE rapper. not greatest rapper of all time

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by biotic

youre taking the 'hoilier than thou' attitude when you make this comment. man I LOVE hip-hop and have listened to ALL OF IT. of course 2pac was one of the greatest MC's ever to play the game but the question was FAVORITE rapper. not greatest rapper of all time

oh yeah, my bad....my favorite rapper that is alive today is Yukmouth....he spits flow like no other, he and C-bo got da West Coast conquered, and they spit gangsta rap, which is my favorite type of rap...and Yuk don't just spit disses and gangsta stuff, he got real songs about his life, and on da album Million Dollar Mixtape he got a song criticizing George BUsh and the Governement's efforts to help people in Hurricane Katrina. I also luv Mac Dre, RIP, Mr. Thizzle Washington was a great icon to the bay, he started the whole hyphy movement, RIP, yep he's one of my favorites too. My favorite alive is Yuk, though.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Love Slim Shady himself Eminem, he really made the whole rap style accessable to a totally new market, and really gave it cred amongst "whitey" Ensuring a lot of Black rappers a new audience and more CD Sales.

I can't stand snoop Dog, I really can't see what the the big deal is.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by tkmelb
Love Slim Shady himself Eminem, he really made the whole rap style accessable to a totally new market, and really gave it cred amongst "whitey" Ensuring a lot of Black rappers a new audience and more CD Sales.

I can't stand snoop Dog, I really can't see what the the big deal is.

Hey tkmelb, Slim Shady is definitely nice, I agree. Have you ever seen the video of him at the '94 rap olympics? This is the event that got him signed by Dr. Dre. If you haven't seen it, I highly suggest you find it on youtube. It is SICK!

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Cool thanks I will check it out

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
RS,

You are right about Tupak. His words helped me through a extreamly painful seperation and break up of my now Ex-Fiance. It was a real S***** time for me, I even quit my old job and moved my life on. Tupak helped me out alot. For once I actually felt like he and I had something in common and could maybe have a few beers, but then he would probably shoot me afterwards.

I like common too. He is very intelligent when he raps, his flow is smooth, and to my suprise he is a kick ass break dancer windmills n' all. He busted out into a cool break dance set at one of his shows that I went to.

Least favorite rapper. Too many to friggen name, but Lady Sovereign deffinantly sucks. Go check out the end of the Lady Sovereign thread in the music catagory. I pretty much killed the thread with my rant at the end. Sorry about that BTW to who ever started that thread.

Currently I don't get the 'we fly high, and you know this' guy. Man is that chorus really out of key with the song. To me it's unlistinable and when I'm drunk and the room is spinning it makes it spin worse.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I'm more of a rocker and classical guy, so rap doesn't really get play in my apartment unless there's alot of beer laying around and there's too many people to argue with.

However, i have listened to enough of it to distinguish a least favorite. Or, well, a least favorite sub-genre of rap. Dirty south rappers. The crunk juice, fat rims, dirty south, its all soo unappealing to me. One dirty south rapper I will give a proper hail is Nelly. Many people don't like him, but i feel that he raps about more than money, cars, and hoes. He raps about things that affect EVERYONE, not just a single impoverished race.

Surprisingly, I could go on and on, but there's my opinion.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Currently I don't get the 'we fly high, and you know this' guy. Man is that chorus really out of key with the song. To me it's unlistinable and when I'm drunk and the room is spinning it makes it spin worse.

haha, whatchu know about jim jones? dipset all day everyday!!

na im kidding i can see how a lot of people would/do hate on jimmy.. he just that nigga i guess

im a fan of jim jones and that song is hard(tho played out by now it WAS hard)

Nip

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 08:38 PM
link   
favorite: MC Chris....Futuristic Sex Robots
Least... any other

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   
K-Fed because he is the epitome of the rap genre.......

Actually, they are all my least favorite.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:49 AM
link   
MC CHRIS!!!! Hell Yeah!!

I want Candy! anykind will do
I don't care if it's nutritious or FDA approved
I need a hyperactive juice that only I can produce
I'm gunna get crazy n spazz out like bobcats on booze.

I want candy!!!

The beat was hard for the Jim Jones song, but the chorus is awful. I'm a music conservatory grad so dissonant melodies are like nails across a chalk board to me. The BAAAALLIN! part that he randomly shouts out sorta annoyed me to.

Re: Shouting Ballin' during his choruses is sorta ironic to me since from my experience and understanding he probably won't be in about 18 months. Shoulda read the small print in all those contract he signed.

But the chorus of that song is like some goverment experimental sonic beam that makes you all dissorientated and nautious. At least to me.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Vanilla Ice could flow like no other.

Peace

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
If I want to listen to rhymes: Eminem.
If I want to listen to thoughts: Tupac.
If I want to get pissed: DMX
If I want to relax: Slick Rick the RULER!
If I want to reminisce: DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince
If I want to laugh: Ludacris

2e.) Illegal Activity: Discussion of any illegal activities such as drug use, drug paraphernalia, hacking, sexual relations with minors, etc. are strictly forbidden.
Terms & Conditions- Please Review This Link

[edit on 25-3-2007 by HarlemHottie]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
My favorite rapper is definatley Tupac.

My least favorite.......Kevin Federline.

-tts

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join