1) PhotoBucket edited it. Period. The large image (with the tree) is TOTALLY unedited, EXCEPT for the auto resize that occurred when I uploaded it. If
anyone knows how to stop it doing that, please tell me.
2) Yes,the CoolPix 5700 MOST DEFINITELY existed "several years ago"; As I said, this photo was taken in Aug 2003. The 5700 most definitely existed,
as I was using one to take the photo!!
3) I'm not wanting anyone to say "yep - that's a UFO!". I want a logical explanation as to what it is, even if it is stray light.
4) It is not zoomed in at all. On the contrary - it is zoomed out at 28mm (I said that earlier, too). It was a general sky shot, but yes, I DO capture
asteroids like this. When I find them I'll post the pics for you. Remember, these photos are 4 years old. I've had 3 computers and 1 HD failure
since then, and not all of my photos from back then have survived. These two did as I made a particular backup of them.
5) I don't know how in-depth my friend got with it, but he eliminated the source as being the camera itself, based on the reflections as whatever it
is came though the lens. He examined the camera and the image to do that, but how, I don't know.
6) Shot data.
Time: Aug 3rd, 2003, at 23:50 UTC.
RA/Dec: No data; it was tripod mounted. Looking EAST.
Focal Length: 28mm
Exposure Time: 30 seconds
I was randomly photographing the sky.
You know everything there is. This isn't a hoax. If it is a bit of light coming in from somewhere, then fine! I'm perfectly happy with that; just
explain why you think that.
- Apology accepted.
[edit on 9-3-2007 by mirageofdeceit]