It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WHICH IS THE "TRUE" CHRISTIAN CHURCH?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I also know the body of christ is in me, regardless of church organization affilliation. My question would be if Jesus knew it was the very churches that were corrupt by the ruling powers, then why would he want to organize a church that would fall to the same corruption as all churches before it.

in the end if your a god fearing yet god loving person and you follow the greatest commandment(Luke,10)
you will inheret eternal life. He does not mention the need to go to church every Sunday here(Sunday?).
"do this & u shall live"

Overall we all need to stop judging others including myself and discuss rather than judge who here is r/w.

TRUESABBATH

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Just my opinion,
There is no "True Church" when applied to a building, denomination, etc.
The "True Church" is an invisible living spiritual organism representing a 'body', and is composed of all the believers world wide......"WE" are the True Church, we are the Living Temple of God...."we".....not one church, not one denomination...."we".
Want to be technical if you do insist on a "denomination"? The "One" True Church, in all technical mannerisms, transcends all denominational barriers....it exists within and without. This is not a Lutherian, Protestant, Catholic, Baptist, etc. church, it is a Universal Church. Church=body of Christ=we.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
It DOES NOT exist. You can get close though. Just find which one of the lies is the closest to the "truth".
Christianity has had centuries to be edited, with piles of parchment lying around like so much cut film on the drawing room floor. And the same goes for the other religions. They've become (if not deliberately intended) a tool for control. You are called sheep for a reason.
Religion is indeed the "opiate of the masses". So sleep the complacent slumber of faith, and hope you've heard the truth the first time. You might not get another chance. (I'm terribly sorry if I've offended anyone here, it is never my intent, unless I say it is).

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by STOLENSCRIPTURE
I also know the body of christ is in me, regardless of church organization affilliation. My question would be if Jesus knew it was the very churches that were corrupt by the ruling powers, then why would he want to organize a church that would fall to the same corruption as all churches before it.

in the end if your a god fearing yet god loving person and you follow the greatest commandment(Luke,10)
you will inheret eternal life. He does not mention the need to go to church every Sunday here(Sunday?).
"do this & u shall live"

Overall we all need to stop judging others including myself and discuss rather than judge who here is r/w.

TRUESABBATH

i agree with this ,i dont think that one denomination has truth,but that each denomination has a piece of this knowledge, only when all the groups are united will we solve this problem,furthermore organized churches seem very corrupt or "corporate".

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:57 AM
link   
yeah, I could never understand why people do things like confess to another man as so he would tell you how to make up for your sins, or how followers of Christ worship on the day of the week he was killed as opposed to the original day set aside by God in the beginning.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The true church of God is the one that proclaims all of His truths and is ordained to do so. After all, the multitudes of churchs proclaiming different beliefs only brings confusion to the general population. I cannot accept that this is the doing of a perfect being. Hence, only one church could be true. Truth is singular. Those who seek it shall find it. And God will let them know when they have found it. It is not man's job to convince others of what God's truth is. Man can share his beliefs and God will let others know if what is being shared is true.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If Jesus was to appear today, attend Christian services, watch the Christian preachers on TV, etc he would be absolutely appalled. His question to himself would be, "Is this what they got out of my teachings?"

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
No institution carrying the name church is true. Until the popes ruled the church, C�sar did. Church and Curia is the same word. The Curia was the House of the Roman Senate. It had 30 representatives. Ten senators from each of the three Roman tribes. These senators are the 20 claws and the 10 horns on the last beast in Daniel. In the end of the reign of the German Keizer (C�sar) under the Pope (the prophet of the C�sar) the "Holy Roman Empire" was divided into ten "Impeial Circles".

Rome is built in the area originally called Germanum, and the Germanians was one of the three Roman tribes. Hitler was the "little horn" which had eyes like a man and a mouth that spoke big lies. When he came to power, the three highest German offices, Kansler, President and Army leader was merged into one new: F�rer. Just like Daniel saw in his visions, that three horns fell off when the "little horn" came up. Hitler was even the son of a publican. And just like Judas Iscariot he killed himself when he realised his loss. Just like the Book of Revelation says, his empire was short lived. Did I mention that Hitler and the Pope were good buddies? And how Hitler received the Pope's blessing? And how they shared a common passionate interrest in moviemaking and television broadcasting?

The Vatican was among the first to start organised TV broadcasting, and Hitler was the first to broadcast TV internationally. Leni Riefenstahl (director) even called her film "Olympia", the mountain home of the pagan Greek (and Roman) gods, and the first movie she played in was called "the Holy Mountain". Coincidence? I don't think so. I somehow doubt that she was refering to mount Zion, the Holy Mountain in Jewish and Christian teaching. However, the "Image of the Beast" prophecy may have been fulfilled nine years earlier when Herbert Hoover, then secretary of commerce, broadcasted a short speech from Bell (Bel is the same as Ba'al, a name of Satan) Studios. Dr. Herbert Ives and Dr. Frank Gray directed the show. This speech was broadcasted in 18 frames or 6+6+6 frames a second.

By the way, both Nazism, nationalistic Zionism and the idea of "the Nation of Islam" came as a direct result of the incredibly unrightious Versailles Tract and the efforts of France and England (Sykes/Picot agreement) during WW1 to conquer the Ottoman Empire. These two documents brought destructive nationalism into Europe and the Middle East. Hitler was a product of his own time. The new area of "racial hygene" was the product of medical science. Nationalism was like a wind of change that blew over Europe as a result of Brittain and France's conspiracy during WW1: they promised suvereignity in the Promised Land to both Arabs and Jews. Until then it was totally absurd that Arabs and Jews should be in conflict. They had earlier stood together in the fight against their oppressors: Rome and the Church. It's also interresting to note that the event that ignited WW1 was the killing of the Hapsburg crown prince: Him who would inherit the title King of Jerusalem from his father, the Austria-Hungarian king who has owned this title for hundreds of years.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 7-12-2003 by mikromarius]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
All Christians form the greater body of christ and thus are part of his church. I would venture that some denominations are closer to the truth that he preached than others.

The church as as whole could be considered the 'holy church of sinners' meaning that all christians are sinners therefore all churches are corrupt as they are run by christians.

It is the ideal of Jesus Christ that christians strive for; the example and imitation of his life despite the human condition.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
The true Christian Church are the orthodox Christians of eastern Europe: Greece, Russia and former Soviet States, Former Yugoslavia etc.

THE TRUE CHURCH ARE THE PEOPLE (ANYWHERE ON THE PLANET) WHO FOLLOW CHRIST. OUR HEARTS IN HIM AND HIM IN US MAKE THE CHURCH. OUR FAITH INTERCONNECT. WE ARE THE CHURCH. THE FAITH, THE FELLOWSHIP.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:42 AM
link   
And you had to post that in CAPS, didn't you???

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
And you had to post that in CAPS, didn't you???

sorry..............

top topics

<< 1   >>

join