It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

work harder people on walefare depend on you

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Azalezeus, I am not saying that. However, I don't believe this "bleeding heart" rubbish either that "all people who are on welfare are people who are just trying to make it, and,blah,blah blah, give them a chance." I don't buy it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
One trillion for the war in Iraq.

costofwar.com...

Speaker of truth
I know that between the people who are coming here illegally and taking advantage of things they are not entitled to and people who are my age and younger who are not working or going to school to better themselves are about to send this nation for broke. I do know that much.

Hey, if we're going to tell a story, let's tell the COMPLETE story, not just bits and pieces of it.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by whaaa]

link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by whaaa
You mean like the elderly that had their retirement stolen by the companies they worked for?

You mean like the mentally disturbed or challenged that cant work?

You mean like mothers that had their husbands run out on them?

I see what you mean; #em and letem starve.

You mean, like the fat lazy bum who thinks everyone owes him something?

You mean,the woman who would rather pop out 5-6 kids than work?

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

HAHA ...

I read a story in the paper last night about an extremily obese women having her 5th son while at work. The newspaper refered to her as a "hard working full time woker and mother" .. her occupation? Paper delivery person.

Do you think someone can pay for 5 kids, let alone boys, off of a paper salary?

Good thing she can use them all as deductions and get thousands back at the end of the year 500% more then what she paid in.

Me meanwhile, having no kids, in school, working full time got a a measly 100 bucks back out of the nearly 2k paid in and OWE the city and state.

Ah. Fairness with democracy.
We should sterilize people like that after their second kid. Darwin said the fittest will survive.

Why is it ignorant, uneducated, poor ugly people are breeding? The middle class has an average of 2 children .. which does NOT make the population grow.

link   

Originally posted by redheadchick0603
The elderly can sue and get their retirement back if they try hard enough and if they are to old to fight for anything then they can be put in a retierment home,

So because they were ripped off and now have no money, they should sell whatever they have left to sue a major corporation that can hire fancy lawyers and leave the elderly couple with absolutely nothing?
And then after failing they should be put in 'care' homes where you often find nurses who are so neglectful of their duties if they are caught they are persecuted?
And both of these result in people having the basic freedom's curtailed... the freedom to make their own choices with what is left of their lives.

Then mentally disturbed can be put on medication to help with their mental problems

From what I understand America doesn't have state provided health care, which means the majority of people who need drugs find themselves too poor to obtain them.
And medication doesn't 'help' the problems. All it does is hide them, attacks the symptoms but not the cause.

the menatally disabled should not be living on thier on, if they cant get jobs then they should live with their parents on in an instatuition,

Once again you believe that because someone is different they should not be allowed to live their own lives. Just because someone's brain doesn;t function correctly, it doesn't mean you can just say 'Stick 'em in an institute'. They are people, they have rights, and one of those rights is the right to live.

the mothers should go get jobs and put their children in daycares or in school.

Do you know how hard it is for single mothers to work? I bet you don't.
Let me put it in perspective for you...

White males between the ages of 20 and 50 are at the top.

Males from ethnic minorities and white women are in the middle.

Married women from ethnic minorities are here.

And at the bottom are ALL single mothers.

My mum was a single mother with two children. She had college qualifications and was a business smart, funny, and generally successful person.
Despite that she couldn't get a job. Why? Because single mothers are viewed as unreliable by their bosses. Single mothers have to leave work if their child injures themselves at school, or have to take days off when their child is sick.
Think of everything your mother did for you when you was young, and imagine her doing it on her own. No man, no support, little money...
Not nice is it?
And of course once a woman becomes a single mother, she is pretty much unable to go back to studying or gaining experience in better paid jobs.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MauiStacey
Millions of illegals need welfare, food stamps, medicade, free lunch programs for the kids and section 8 housing assistance .
[edit on 3/8/2007 by MauiStacey]

That's not welfare, it's the "senor" discount...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
It's not just people on WELfare that our hard earned money is going to support - think of all the other things your money is spent on that you don't use or benefit from.

Illegals are obviously a huge contributing problem. So are people who are reckless and irresponsible and go out and get pregnant when they have neither the brains nor the financial resources to raise the child properly... And then go out and do it again.

As far as husbands who leave their wives alone with kids they cannot afford to raise, both the husband and the wife are to blame. Naturally if the husband/father can be found he'll be required to support the kids, but more than likely he ran out because he was irresponsible and couldn't afford them in the first place.

One of the best lessons parents teach is never to get involved with a woman without a degree/real career - because if it didn't work out you'd be required to fork over more cash for support/education if it didn't work out.

It's just people rushing out on their responsibilities. If people can't afford to properly raise a kid and are too stupid to wear a condom they should keep their pants on. It's a terrible cycle that welfare reinforces because if people know there's going to be a cheque in their mailbox at the end of each month they have no real incentive to alter their life-course. The more government we have the less personal responsibility we seem to practice.

I hate the idea of my money going to support somebody else as much as you do. We penalize success in this country - a simple look at the taxation structure can tell you that. Yet, something as obviously fair as a flat tax has not been established... though even that would still indirectly penalize success because successful people would still be paying for services that only the unsuccessful folks utilize. So the cycle returns full-circle.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Alpha Humana said:

So are people who are reckless and irresponsible and go out and get pregnant when they have neither the brains nor the financial resources to raise the child properly... And then go out and do it again.

Most of those people are abusing the welfare system as well.

So are people who are reckless and irresponsible and go out and get pregnant when they have neither the brains nor the financial resources to raise the child properly... And then go out and do it again.

Most of these people abuse the welfare system as well.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I hate the idea of my money going to support somebody else as much as you do. We penalize success in this country - a simple look at the taxation structure can tell you that. Yet, something as obviously fair as a flat tax has not been established... though even that would still indirectly penalize success because successful people would still be paying for services that only the unsuccessful folks utilize. So the cycle returns full-circle.

So very very true. What ever happened to the idea of the Social Security being put in an account in the payers name and the payer using it like a stock option? Supposedly the government knows how to invest my money better then I would. What a load of B$.

-Aza

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I have strong opinions about this subject, but then again I have seen the abuse patterns from close personal contacts. Most posters on ATS are not heartless beasts who want to see young children and old people die of starvation, but I think we are all sick of the abuse of the system.

My grandfather was a social worker for his entire adult career and I have a very close friend who got so fed up with the system that she had to quit her career as a social worker because she just couldn't take it any more. It all boils down to two things -- money and votes!!!

Each state is slightly different, but it is easy to see how it is "worked".
1) The woman never gets married because then amount of benefits decrease. Don't worry, baby's daddy can still live there and use the food stamps anyways. (Nice way to destroy the family unit).
2) Space the children out (usually about 3 years apart is good)
3) "Work" on your education. Try to get your GED, take one junior college class a semester, or enter a really long job training program, but change programs before you ever complete one. This process will never end, but all they want to see is that you are "trying".
4) Work jobs that pay you under the table so that you can still have cable tv, alcohol, cigarettes and whatever else you "deserve".
5) When the Government requires you to get a job get something very easy that doesn't pay enough for you to lose benefits -- one of my favorite examples is calling numbers at an airconditioned Bingo Parlor. Don't worry -- others in your area living off the Government's free money will help you find one of these non-work jobs.
6) Finally, when you can no longer have children or just don't want any more have an "accident" (car wreck, slip & fall) and switch over to disability. Do this while you still have kids in the house because this can be a long process. If you still have kids you can continue to collect that Government money until your "disability" payments kick in.
7) Most importantly -- vote for whichever candidate promises you more "free" Government money!!! Don't worry -- free vans will pick you up and take you to the polls and maybe even give you cigarettes and alcohol for your troubles.

There's the system -- Politicians will promise more money for "social programs" so that they can get the votes. And the voters will vote for whomever offers them the most money.

How can the problem be solved? Good luck, no one who CAN solve the problem has any reason to solve it. The people getting the money don't want to get a job and the more people who are dependent on the Government the more power the Government officals have -- and they want power!!!

Sorry for the long post, but these are the facts. If only the truly needy and disabled were in the system the cost would be minimal and no one would begrudge those who truly need help from receiving it.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Ok so I lost my leg and had crush injuries at work 6 years ago. and Elderly people are the ones that hurt the most though this,They have raised their kids and made adults out of them,and most people put them in nursing homes where they are misstreated and abused everyday. Are you suggesting that people that has worked all their life and something happens to them let them starve .This post shows your greed and you my friend and people like you will be judged in the eyes of god. MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOUR SOUL.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Excellent post MC524 and welcom to ATS.

No Freespirit, I do NOT think the elderly should pay. We should be taking care of them. They have paid into the system their entire lives and now should be able to reap those rewards. The system is ***ed! Sorry about your injury. The system was meant to retrain you in a situation as yours. I hope you are getting on OK.

But now the system is broken. Illegals and lazy freeloaders have ruined what it was made for. It was originally made as a cruch for people during the dust bowl to get back on their feet. Be on it a short while and then get on with life. Back then people did.

Now days people take advantage of it and instead of it becoming a way to help them get back in the game of life they have turned it into a WAY OF LIFE! It's disgusting.

It will be bankrupt in a few years. The illegals are bankrupting every tax payer based system that America has available.

I've paid SS for over 20 years. I'm pissed. It won't be there for me when I retire. The illegals got it first.

Welcome to America!

(I think I will move to New Zealand in the next 10 years)

[edit on 3/8/2007 by MauiStacey]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
MauiStacey - Might I ask what you do for a living, in that the measily fraction of your taxes that goes towards the Welfare system puts a strain on your budget?

I understand if you do not wish to say, but much like other topics around here, I don't understand the anger towards a system made to help people in need...

Again, if the roles were reversed, I wonder if you would feel so strongly....

I am sorry, that we sit here and debate a system that helps more people than it harms....

Life must be harsh for you, if you think you deserve your fraction of a cent more than a child that has NO choice on who their parents are or if they are here legally, or even if their parents are lazy and choose to look after their own selves rather than the life they brought into this world.....What did these children do to you?

As for the people that abuse the system, no, I do not say it is ok....but...Have you never taken advantage of any situation to benefit yourself?

Humans...bah...so self centered and unwilling to help their fellow man....

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
In the greater Boston area the parents of a young girl killed her because she wasn't bringing in enough disablity money sickening

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
The mentally disturbed get medication?... would you like a mentally disturbed person (even on medication) running a day care for your kids? or maybe have a mentally disturbed person do a task for you?... dont you think you might have a problem and would you not look down on these people?

a woman who has five kids... FIVE KIDS... would need a failry high paying job to raise all these kids, and with daycare, the kids dont get the mother- child relationship that most kids these days are growing up without.... which may lead to problems down the road... dont you think you will complain about these kids who hate their mom and commit crimes because they were "never loved"

how do you expect an elderly couple to sue when they cannot afford to live? how are these elderly supposed to afford a couple when they cannot even afford the simple things they need to survive?

a mentaly retarded person may not be able to get a job, but they still deserve a life like everyone else, even if they live with their parents, they cannot get a job which means they should be allowed some kind of expense to help them.

i know most people would hate to see a mentaly retarded person working a job, and i can almost imagine how many insults people would toss around...

Now I agree with the Mexican problem, we should send them all back over there.... actually I think that illegally crossing a border should be punishible by death!

Honestly, we have welfare for a reason, sure some people may exploit it, but honestly... how welll are the people on welfare living. arent you happy knowing you make more money and have a happier life? (well maybe not happier but usualy more wealthy...)

Have you ever wondered... MAYBE YOU SEE THE WORLD WRONG?.....

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
How much are all your registered multinationals avoiding in tax each and every year?

How much corporate welfare is your government giving these corporations?

How many multi millions more is this than what is handed out in welfare checks to the poor each year?

Guess.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sad Lil Alex
The mentally disturbed get medication?... would you like a mentally disturbed person (even on medication) running a day care for your kids? or maybe have a mentally disturbed person do a task for you?... dont you think you might have a problem and would you not look down on these people?

The mentally disturned should be locked away from society in institutions where they cannot do any harm and where they would be cared for.

a woman who has five kids... FIVE KIDS... would need a failry high paying job to raise all these kids, and with daycare, the kids dont get the mother- child relationship that most kids these days are growing up without....

All children deserve loving parents. If the hypothetical parent cannot care for her children, perhaps she should have kept her legs shut. If she cannot, her children should be taken from her and placed with adoptive families and she should be legally prohibited from reproducing from that point forward.

which may lead to problems down the road... dont you think you will complain about these kids who hate their mom and commit crimes because they were "never loved"

'Mommy didn`t hug me enough' is not a defense, sorry. A lot of people have less-than-ideal parents, and being in that position dosen`t relieve you of your obligation to be an upstanding citizen.

a mentaly retarded person may not be able to get a job, but they still deserve a life like everyone else, even if they live with their parents, they cannot get a job which means they should be allowed some kind of expense to help them.

Simply because someone was unfortunate enough to have been afflicted with a mental disability does not serve as a justification for taking money out of the pockets of productive members of society to prolong their non-productive existance.

I find it intriguing that the people who serve as advocates for the mentally disabled are insistant on their presenting themselves as 'compassionate', yet they don`t seem to show the slightest regard for the food they may be taking out of the mouths of the middle-class children whose parents they advocate so strongly be financially penalized for the costs of supporting their charges.

i know most people would hate to see a mentaly retarded person working a job, and i can almost imagine how many insults people would toss around...

As a wise woman of my acquaintance once said; "Life sucks, get used to it".

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
some of the statements in here are absurd, illegals this, mexicans that, shoot to kill, fat ladies with 100,000 kids etc...man, all this chump change you are fighting for here on ats is never gonna matter. we live in a world were, humanity is run by the ultra wealthy. they don't give a f about your problems, they don't care about. they don't care if you are paying for welfare, they don't even care about those who are receiving the welfare! those ultra wealthy people are getting even wealthier. like someone posted here, $1,000,000,000,000 dollars on the iraq war. what about the rest of the money that has disappeared? are they putting it into welfare? are they giving it back to you saying, "here we made a mistake and let the welfare system run rampant, have this money." i don't provide links, look for it yourself if you really care. and while your at it, if you REALLY care, do something. don't come here to ats and anonymously post your opinions, run for office, become the president, change the system, don't just sit there in front of your computer thinking that putting this on ats is gonna change anything. then again, if you do run for office, who will support you? those at the top
maybe the people will support you? i agree, there are some savages out there who abuse the system, but please, don't make generalizations based on it. mexicans aren't the only ones who contribute to illegal immigration, and not all mexicans, illegal or otherwise are as ignorant as you may think. it just shows your ignorance. btw this goes to anyone who this rings a bell to.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by wagnerian21
The mentally disturned should be locked away from society in institutions where they cannot do any harm and where they would be cared for.

Lock away the mentally disturbed eh? Do you know how many people suffer from depression, bipolar disorder, low level schizophrenia and the like who have jobs and work? Millions. Just because someone has a mental disorder doesn't mean they have to be locked away when they aren't a threat to anyone. Theres a lot of people whho are on disability because of mental illness. Most of them would love to have a job but their disorder prohibits them from being able to do so. I would love to see you apply this heartless answer to yourself if you were ever in one of those peoples shoes.

-Welfare-
Yes I agree that there are people on welfare who abuse the system but not all of them do. I live in a very poor area and theres alot of people on welfare because they need the help to support their families. The people that abuse the system should be punished but the system is there for a good reason.

Originally posted by anon_101382
I'm posting this anonymously because I'm ashamed for being on welfare. I live in Tasmania which is technically in recession so work is hard to come by.
8 months ago my job(old age carer) died when my mum passed away. Since then I haven't been able to get employment which has left be deeply depressed and I've developed an anxiety disorder to boot.

Yeah survival of the fittest, I guess I should do everyone a favour and end it all. It's bad enough that my self esteem is rock bottom without people pointing out that IAM the cause for the high taxes.

Question: how much would you save per week if there was no welfare tax?

There are quite a few people on welfare because they cannot find jobs. They still need to be able to have the basic necessities. Most people on welfare or other Gov't support aren't proud of it. My parents were on welfare for a few years after my Dad lost his job. I know first hand how people feel about being on it. They hate it but they had to swallow their pride and find assistance. Punish those who are abusing the system but the people that are using the system as it was intended need to be left alone. You want less people on welfare? Then try complaining about jobs being outsourced to other countries and being taken away from our citizens.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I am sorry guys but this is a really sad thread to read.

The bitterness is somewhat misdirected. The welfare system has been restructured to where people only get 5 years of cash assistance. Regardless of the number of children.

That person who wrote about a woman who should "just keep her legs shut" reveals a very shallow way of thinking. The right to reproduce is inherent to all people, not just those who are able to afford children. We all have the right to continue our bloodline.

Some people do abuse the system, but don't overlook the need for kindness and love to our brothers and sisters whom for what ever reason are not able to run their lives in a positive self esteem building way.

I am not a professed Christian but I am going to use a popular saying to respond to the judgemental attitudes reflected in this thread.

What would Jesus Do?

I am not personally on any public assistance, I work to pay my bills and it stinks to slave daily to have a warm place in the winter and a cool place in the summer, but that is what ya gotta do if you don't want to be nice to someone just to get a cigarette from them. LOL, I learned that at about 16.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by interestedalways
I am sorry guys but this is a really sad thread to read.

The bitterness is somewhat misdirected. The welfare system has been restructured to where people only get 5 years of cash assistance. Regardless of the number of children.

That person who wrote about a woman who should "just keep her legs shut" reveals a very shallow way of thinking. The right to reproduce is inherent to all people, not just those who are able to afford children. We all have the right to continue our bloodline.

Some people do abuse the system, but don't overlook the need for kindness and love to our brothers and sisters whom for what ever reason are not able to run their lives in a positive self esteem building way.

I am not a professed Christian but I am going to use a popular saying to respond to the judgemental attitudes reflected in this thread.

What would Jesus Do?

I am not personally on any public assistance, I work to pay my bills and it stinks to slave daily to have a warm place in the winter and a cool place in the summer, but that is what ya gotta do if you don't want to be nice to someone just to get a cigarette from them. LOL, I learned that at about 16.

I'm glad to see people that share my point of view
I agree with you theres alot of things that are sickening in this thread, but as long as there's people that care for the wellbeing of fellow human beings there's still hope for those that really need help.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join