It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The true werewolf

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gooey
Apparently it lived a very long time ago, and obviously, is extinct.

How long ago are we talking here? I can see if you are talking about dinosaurs. Plenty of bipedals back then. The only bipedal animals that I can think of that may match your description is something in the meerkat family.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by golddragnet
are you sure it wasn't an angry Kangaroo?

I was thinking this actually, there is a theory of vicious carnivorous kangaroos called propleopines. Maybe this is what he was referring to?

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I think its like so cool like I like to think there is werewolfs out there!
But if there were people wold have killed so many ...
Text Blue

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gone__wolfie
I think its like so cool like I like to think there is werewolfs out there!
But if there were people wold have killed so many ...
Text Blue

Would that be why you chose your name???

And I know a few guys who suffer from Insomnia, and they have told me seperately that it is at its worst when there is a full moon!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:55 PM
link   
There's also rumors that full moon makes humans in general wild.
Thus not meaning that they suffer lycanthropy.

As for your walking wolf, I too do not know the name.
Only ''walking bipedal wolves'' I know of are the werewolves from videogames and the such.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   
omg can u atleast show us the links you found, i mean come on if you found links just show them dont leave us hanging...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Ah!!!! I found my answer
!

Okay, I talked to my father and heres the thing. He did hear about an actual bipedal wolf creature which lived back in the period of dinosaurs, which is extremely rare and unknown. BUT! He also told me about a more interesting creature which is more generally known, which my teacher could have been referring to...

Its called a thylacine. Its a creature which would sometimes walk on all fours, but when fighting and hunting it could walk bipedaly and even do a bipedal hop like a kangeroo :O It has stripes much like a tiger and a wolf-like face. It did fight with its claws and teeth, much like a 'werewolf'.

I find this creature very interesting because it seems like a hybrid between a cat and a dog. Its body is catlike, its movements are catlike, but its face and its power were more dog like. Not to mention all of the neat things it could do, like do the hop, walk bipedaly, fight with its claws, and many more things. I'm really glad I found this little guy. Heres a good link for you...

www.amonline.net.au...

A very magestic looking creature. I hope this brings some interest to you all

BTW: It was a marsupial wolf. If you look at a good picture of the face, it strongly resembles one as well. This creature is so interesting.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by Gooey]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Ive seen this before now that you have shown us what it is, very interesting.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Yes, it is. I actually find this much more interesting than a 'bipedal dog' because its a very neatl ooking creature, but the oddest thing is the bipedal hop it could do. Makes you wonder what pressures of evolution caused it to spring that little ability o.O Now I see why they want to clone it...So cool
!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:27 AM
link   
first off its the tasmanian tiger... A) austrailia is the only place ANY sign of it exists, not to mention it was a very small animal, and its not even a wolf!!!... B) do you even realize that werewolf concepts date back to the greeks... that originally the story told of how a man would be turned INTO a wolf... not half way but INTO... during the dark ages it took its own twist in the occult... now its found its way into north america... now out of curiosity... find tales of werewolves in other countries like africa or how about iraq... because in all honesty... it seems like a bunch of nonsense... the first time any werewolf actually stood on its hind legs was in that classic horror film... even in the dark ages the men TURNED into four legged wolves... basically an actual physical wolf... nothing special... but a wolf... the symbolism of the wolf revolved around the idea of possession and evil... rape murder incest ect... why do you think they killed thousands of wolves and almost caused their extinction... if it was giant bipedal wolves im pretty sure they would be hunting for them instead of some normal wolf...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ATSGUY
this is very interesting, at first i was thinking a Tasmanian tiger but i never heard of this creature...very interesting.

Atsguy guessed it right on the first reply.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sounds kinda like the Bray road beast which can be read about here hope this helps.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by newage2012
first off its the tasmanian tiger... A) austrailia is the only place ANY sign of it exists, not to mention it was a very small animal, and its not even a wolf!!!... B) do you even realize that werewolf concepts date back to the greeks... that originally the story told of how a man would be turned INTO a wolf... not half way but INTO... during the dark ages it took its own twist in the occult... now its found its way into north america... now out of curiosity... find tales of werewolves in other countries like africa or how about iraq... because in all honesty... it seems like a bunch of nonsense... the first time any werewolf actually stood on its hind legs was in that classic horror film... even in the dark ages the men TURNED into four legged wolves... basically an actual physical wolf... nothing special... but a wolf... the symbolism of the wolf revolved around the idea of possession and evil... rape murder incest ect... why do you think they killed thousands of wolves and almost caused their extinction... if it was giant bipedal wolves im pretty sure they would be hunting for them instead of some normal wolf...

First of all.....Wtf are you talking about kid? Its just a neat animal that walked bipedaly and is related to a wolf. So I used an analogy and said a 'werewolf'. Why the hell do you have to get symbolism and a bunch of ancient crap mixed up in it? I don't want to hear your retarded stories about why a werewolf is a werewolf and what it does and why people were blah blah blah. Just stop, no one cares. Its an interesting animal, and thats all we're here to talk about. And also, its not even a wolf? Yeah, actually it is. It goes by two names, the tasmanian tiger and the tasmanian wolf. Why? Because its RELATED to common wolves and IS a breed of wolf, thus the tasmanian wolf, and it has a pelt much like a TIGER, thus the tasmanian tiger. Its a marsupial but its also a canine, and finally...'Any sign of it still exists'? Go catch one for me. It DOESN'T exist. Thats why their trying to clone it. And if somewhere far far in the depths of australia, it still exists, we have never seen it and probably never will. So we haven't had any 'sign' of it yet.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:24 AM
link   
double post. my bad.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Gooey]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   
no offense but look at the title of your thread "true werewolf" if you didnt want to talk about werewolves then change your title, the other point im trying to make is the tasmanian tiger IS NOT a wolf its not even related... its a marsupial... there is no wolf inovlved... maybe millions of years ago a wolf was involved, but remember, there hasnt been a wolf on austrailia in recorded history so far, in fact think of the billions of years it took for austrailia to get where it is today... thats as ridiculous as saying that humans are a breed of mice... guess we are preforming genocide daily eh? heres a link for you to do some reading up on the tasmanian tiger... if you want to talk about something at least do some reasearch

www.naturalworlds.org...

also if your interested there is something called a living fossil... basically when an animal goes extinct, but later on there is still tangible evidence that it may exist, in fact the austrailian government doesnt actually regard it as an extinct species... it even has laws in place to protect it as an endangered species... but the "living fossil" concept is quite common with examples such as sharks (Frilled shark (Chlamydoselachus anguineus) ) ect... if you do some reading im sure youll find many topics on how the tasmanian tiger is considered a living fossil, there have been sightings within the past 50 years and they also suspect that there might be a small popullation somewhere in the mainland...

and by the way, before you start calling people names grow up and move out of your parents basement

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
forget about it, it's a hoax invented by the first biology teachers to keep students awake...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Matt have you even read any of the conversation? Are you removed offensive comments

Second, I don't know what you've heard but yeah actually it is a wolf, and it is related. The reason its such an odd animal is BECAUSE not only is it a marsupial but related to wolves as well.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Gooey]

[edit on 3-10-2007 by William One Sac]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:53 PM
link   
There is one bipedal dog in the world - Faith, a dog with only 2 hind legs. Her owner taught her to walk around & hop on them. It's very strange to see, but it proves that a dog can walk bipedally.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:07 PM
link   
*Quotes some idiot who posted earlier: DURRRRR!!!! ITS PELVIS COULDN'T HANDLE IT!!!! DURRRRR!!!!*

Thank you for sharing that. It further proves my point

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Everyone take a chill pill, Gooey - the title is a little misleaduing, but the post in general is intertesting. Everyone else calm down - no one is going to experience a horrific event because the title is a little off? This place doesn't cost anything so what has anyone lost?

Half these threads end up talking about the way someone has posted rather than the content.

Gooey, true the thylacine creature is neat, but I am not sure if you have addressed the original point you made about he walking wolf type creature - any further inof on that creature? Apologies if I have missed any info - busy at work atm.

Cheers,

Q

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join