It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dozens Of Children Stranded After Immigration Raid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Dozens Of Children Stranded After Immigration Raid

wbztv.com

AP) NEW BEDFORD Gov. Deval Patrick on Wednesday said federal authorities are blocking access to factory workers detained in an immigration raid, and raised concerns that children of the suspected illegal immigrants are not receiving proper care.

Patrick asked U.S. Rep. William Delahunt, D-Mass., to assist the state Department of Social Services in gaining access to the workers detained at the former Fort Devens military base after a raid Tuesday at Michael Bianco Inc.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.boston.com

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I'm sure most of us feel bad for the kids who were suddenly stranded because of this raid, and I'm sure that incidents like this will continue to happen in the future. But we must remember who put them in that predicament to begin with - their parents.

wbztv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Mean while back in Mexico some mothers are asking to Return our Husbands others are complaining this is unfair to the children yet I agree with you JS it is the parents who brought this on to start with.

Oh and let us not forget the mothers that are using their children as
a Down Payment for a car

[edit on 3/8/2007 by shots]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Sucks for those kids. It sucks their fathers abandoned their families in Mexico and ran under the cover of darkness over the boarder and knocked up a bunch of women who were over here in the same situation and had a bunch of kids when they were in the worst possible situation to have a bunch of kids.

Last night when this story came on I was yelling at the TV "thats not the story!" and my roomates were like "shut up I want to know about these poor kids."

Meanwhile everyone forgets the company employing these people was contracted by the government.

Whats more important? A sappy, boo-hoo the kids story or our government is using illegal labor all the while pushing for an American Union and insitsing to us it isnt doing either?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
Sucks for those kids. It sucks their fathers abandoned their families in Mexico and ran under the cover of darkness over the boarder and knocked up a bunch of women who were over here in the same situation and had a bunch of kids when they were in the worst possible situation to have a bunch of kids.

Last night when this story came on I was yelling at the TV "thats not the story!" and my roomates were like "shut up I want to know about these poor kids."

Meanwhile everyone forgets the company employing these people was contracted by the government.

Whats more important? A sappy, boo-hoo the kids story or our government is using illegal labor all the while pushing for an American Union and insitsing to us it isnt doing either?

Both stories are important. But to suggest that the US gov't knows the status of every employee of every subcontractor that it uses is unreasonable. Laws have been passed that prohibit this, and this case proves that they are enforcing those laws. So, your point is moot.

new topics

top topics

join