It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Top Iranian Defense General Defects!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Yes, and according to this article, he is spilling his guts on iran's involvement with hizbollah and other terrorist organizations. Turns out he once commanded the revolutionary guard and may also have been involved in iran's nuclear programs.

article

A former Iranian deputy defense minister who once commanded the Revolutionary Guard has left his country and is cooperating with Western intelligence agencies, providing information on Hezbollah and Iran's ties to the organization, according to a senior U.S. official.

Ali Rez Asgari disappeared last month during a visit to Turkey. Iranian officials suggested yesterday that he may have been kidnapped by Israel or the United States. The U.S. official said Asgari is willingly cooperating. He did not divulge Asgari's whereabouts or specify who is questioning him, but made clear that the information Asgari is offering is fully available to U.S. intelligence.

Asgari served in the Iranian government until early 2005 under then-President Mohammad Khatami. Asgari's background suggests that he would have deep knowledge of Iran's national security infrastructure, conventional weapons arsenal and ties to Hezbollah in south Lebanon. Iranian officials said he was not involved in the country's nuclear program, and the senior U.S. official said Asgari is not being questioned about it. Former officers with Israel's Mossad spy agency said yesterday that Asgari had been instrumental in the founding of Hezbollah in the 1980s, around the time of the bombing of the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut.

This guy is a big fish, and therefore a major blow to iran.

[edit on 3/8/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Guess its treason season and quiting season

just a few days ago US generals were threatening to quit

Iran and hazbullah thats a well known fact
so this general is just pointing out the ovious

and the nuclear part doesnt it seem ferm with saddam and his brother inlaw who defected?

what a coincidence

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Just saw this on the Drudgereport. You beat me to it.

This may be the proverbial nail in the coffin. Everyone knows that Iran is funding these terrorists around the globe and has been for a long time but because of oil dependence nothing has happenned.

With all of the military moves in the Gulf region and the recent high level visits to the area and the approval by three Arab nations to allow Israel to fly over for an attack on Iran, I see something happenning really soon.

Looking forward to what this former defense minister has to say.

Could also be another chess move by Iran to send a pawn out with false information to coax another attack in hopes of making the USA leaders look like a bunch of dopes once again.

I would be more comfortable knowing he was abducted. Therefore the information would not be an orchestrated lie.

Standing by for more on this one!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by on_yur_6
This may be the proverbial nail in the coffin. Everyone knows that Iran is funding these terrorists around the globe and has been for a long time but because of oil dependence nothing has happenned.

all around the globe? kind of far fetched isnt it? i mean leboneam and israel doesnt count as the world and you have to remember the diffrence in prospectives , since hazbullah are only recognised as terrorists by a hand full of countries.

and its not in the US's intrest to take the moral high ground on funding groups as it has by far funded more groups then then Iran and most countries combined.

With all of the military moves in the Gulf region and the recent high level visits to the area and the approval by three Arab nations to allow Israel to fly over for an attack on Iran, I see something happenning really soon.

do you really think the arabs will allow this when it will come down to it?
you really think they can handle what would happen in their countries and what their people would do
if they gave ground or airspace to attack another muslim nation?

quwait is diffrent thanks to saddam and what he did to them

or do you think israel will risk having couple hundred missiles lobbed up its behind in retaliation? from iran

Looking forward to what this former defense minister has to say.

most likely everything he knows like it happend in iraq

Could also be another chess move by Iran to send a pawn out with false information to coax another attack in hopes of making the USA leaders look like a bunch of dopes once again.

if this is a faulse flag move by Iran
its a good move by feeding its foes with utter BS when it comes down to it will have a slight advantage

I would be more comfortable knowing he was abducted. Therefore the information would not be an orchestrated lie.

if that was the case it would be a act of war since its not abducting some terror cell leader.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 09:42 PM
link   
So, are we gearing up for Iraq 2.0? I remember the supposed Iraqi "defectors" and all the wondeful intel they provided in making a case for invading Iraq................curveball if I remember the name correctly.......turns out everything he was saying was all a lie, AND they knew it before we invaded Iraq. I suppose you are ready to gear up for war all on the rantings of this one man? My how soon we forget......

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Reading though this thread, some would have us believe that this guy isn't really a defector, wasn't really a general, didn't really know anything about what is going on in the middle east, is really just a propaganda ploy by the U.S. to justify an invasion, etc., etc., yada, yada ...

Now I have to ask, why is the usual anti-Bush, pro U.S. enemies crowd here (almost frantically it seems) attempting the spin here?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Reading though this thread, some would have us believe that this guy isn't really a defector, wasn't really a general, didn't really know anything about what is going on in the middle east, is really just a propaganda ploy by the U.S. to justify an invasion, etc., etc., yada, yada ...

Now I have to ask, why is the usual anti-Bush, pro U.S. enemies crowd here (almost frantically it seems) attempting the spin here?

Because thats been their M.O. since day one.

they dont give a damn that Iran is developing nuclear weapons, they will defend them to the very end because in the end, there might be a slight chance that "america will get what it deserves."

well, if europe got what it deserved, we would have a new continent to colonize.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Well, if it looks like a duck.....

Dont you find ANY similarity to the "evidence" presented to make the case for invading Iraq?? Oh, and we aren't "frantically" doing anything. Just pointing out a few facts for those with short term memory problems.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by LogansRun
Well, if it looks like a duck.....

Dont you find ANY similarity to the "evidence" presented to make the case for invading Iraq?? Oh, and we aren't "frantically" doing anything. Just pointing out a few facts for those with short term memory problems.

well said and straight to the point

centurion1211
so you speak out against the US your anti US now? (im reffering to you calling us anti US)

and true i think bush is a twit in my opinion so i am anti bush not anti america. big diffrence

and as LogansRun said this looks and sounds like another wild goose chase.

XphilesPhan if your country cant even control Iraq you really think you could colonise us in europe if push came to shove?

edit: clear something up

[edit on 13-3-2007 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I figured he had defected to our side. Not to say I was in the know, but it was a good guess when another thread was made discussing about this person.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
centurion1211
so you speak out against the US your anti US now?
and true i think bush is a twit in my opinion so i am anti bush not anti america. big diffrence

I'll never be anti-U.S. don't know where you got that. Not too happy with Bush, though.

XphilesPhan if your country cant even control Iraq you really think you could colonise us in europe if push came to shove?

Well, based on Europe's past history of being conquered by just about anyone that cared to try, I'd say yes, it is possible. The better thing for the U.S. to do on conquering Europe is just be patient. Either you'll eventually come begging, or we'll have conquered you from the inside out by turning you into American wannabes with all our businesses, etc.

Now I'm sure that some of you will protest my last comments. I'm willing to discuss them in person if you like. You want to meet at your local McDonald's?

[edit on 3/13/2007 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Well, based on Europe's past history of being conquered by just about anyone that cared to try, I'd say yes, it is possible. The better thing for the U.S. to do on conquering Europe is just be patient. Either you'll eventually come begging, or we'll have conquered you from the inside out by turning you into American wannabes with all our businesses, etc.

lets see comparing the past to the present how hilerious

The US conquering? rofl the US hasnt even won a single war on its own
and looking at Iraq says alot

Business? last time i checked most Business is being moved to china where business ties are being incraesed.

your jokes

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Nah, the U.S. always wins the war. It's the peace that proves difficult - because the defeated never seem to know what to do with peace and freedom once they receive it.

I see little difference in the European attitudes of the past that got them conquered so many times and their appeasement attitudes of today. The results would surely be the same. The french might be a problem though, as we'd expect them to work a full 40 hour week for their living. But the British are too busy surrendering their rights to even notice a change at the top.

American Federal Empire rules!

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Nah, the U.S. always wins the war. It's the peace that proves difficult - because the defeated never seem to know what to do with peace and freedom once they receive it.

please tell me all the wars the US has faught on its own and won?
i mean there must be atleast one that the US faught on its own and won?

I see little difference in the European attitudes of the past that got them conquered so many times and their appeasement attitudes of today.

and that can be compared to now? how?

The results would surely be the same.

please enlighten me on that

The french might be a problem though, as we'd expect them to work a full 40 hour week for their living.

But the British are too busy surrendering their rights to even notice a change at the top.

what can i say your lapdog thats in charge of the UK is taking us down
hopefully he will lose power soon as labour get voted out

American Federal Empire rules!

An empire built on SAND

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Well if they never asked for it to begin with, why do you think they would want it from us? Do you ever stop to think about the fact that the rest of the world isn't exactly like us here? Did it ever occur to you that people have different ideologies and priorities other than the allmighty dollar? You call this a victory? Was Vietnam a victory? Man, if so you really are blind.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Working yourself up to name-calling again?

Review your history. The U.S. won the military battles in Viet Nam - in spite of McNamara's micro-management of the war. It was people with the same attitudes that we see today that emboldened the NVA to keep fighting, while undermining support at the same time back in the U.S. Yes, the same people that spit on the returning U.S. soldiers (draftees, by the way) when they got back home. Same tactic is now being used again by some of the same people.

Quite a legacy you belong to there ...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Working yourself up to name-calling again?

Review your history. The U.S. won the military battles in Viet Nam - in spite of McNamara's micro-management of the war. It was people with the same attitudes that we see today that emboldened the NVA to keep fighting, while undermining support at the same time back in the U.S. Yes, the same people that spit on the returning U.S. soldiers (draftees, by the way) when they got back home. Same tactic is now being used again by some of the same people.

Quite a legacy you belong to there ...

Who is doing the name calling?? Please ellaborate on that little morsel

That being said, you might want to recheck history yourself. First off, dont compare me to someone who spit on the troops back during the VN era, I think that was a despicable action then, and I would think the same now. Our troops need to be honored for fighting a pointless war. Again, dont EVER compare me to someone who doesn't support our troops.

Sure we won battles in Viet Nam, but not the war. That was my whole point. We can defeat another group of people militarily, but that doesn't mean that we have won the war. If the US was invaded by a foreign power and our defences were overwhelmed, do you think we would happily accept defeat - even if that foreign power believed they were doing us a favor? I dont think so! We would be fighting them with whatever tactic we could muster to get them the hell out of our home. It is called patriotism. Do you think that Americans are the only group allowed to celebrate this concept?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
This was about a former Iranian Deputy Defense Minister at one time.....

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   

This was about a former Iranian Deputy Defense Minister at one time.....

Point taken. I believe that this is nothing but the same rhetoric that lead us up to teh invasion of Iraq on false intel. I truly hope we aren't stupid enough to make the same mistake twice.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Family of missing Iranian denies defection claims

TEHRAN: The family of a former Iranian general who has mysteriously disappeared denied on Monday reports he had defected, describing him as a loyal servant of the Islamic Republic who had moved into olive trading. The family of Ali Reza Asghari, a former deputy defense minister who vanished while on a private trip to Turkey, has made a complaint to Ankara's Embassy in Tehran over his disappearance, Iranian news agencies reported.

Asghari, 46, "took retirement at his own request two years ago and was doing business in olives and olive oil in Syria," his wife Sima Ahmadi said.

"All of these [reports] are enemy propaganda. There was no request for political asylum as there was no problem with the authorities. He was very attached to his family," she said.

More.....
Daily Star Dot Com

They need to get this guy on TV admitting to this before it will be believed by anyone other than those who have already convicted Iran without evidence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join