It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story of how I came to believe in God through the Holy Bible. (kjv)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 23 2007 @ 05:30 PM
link   

what evidence is not fact? all evidence is comprised of facts

Evidence is fact, when you dont have life after death, dont come crying to me

no, i said you follow yourself and then say you're following god. i never said that you don't honestly believe that you're following god, i just think you don't realize what you're following.

I never said I follow myself. Nor Do i follow myself. If I did what I wanted things would most likely not look good on me. I realize what I follow and how I follow it, Just because you dont think so does'nt me nothing.

you follow all the laws in the bible? if you do then, i must say that you're an ignorant savage. you stone your disobedient children, sell your daughters into sex slavery under the guise of marriage, kill people for violating the ten commandments, think it's alright to murder homosexuals and think it's perfectly ok to stone someone to death for being a victim of rape.

Those things are in the old laws, for someone who is supposte to be smart, does'nt really know a whole lot. The new testiment is our laws. And I dont follow all the laws, I sin, and I do things not what God would want. I am not perfect.

now, if you're not following those rules... aren't you really just following yourself. you're looking in a book, realizing what's good and what isn't, and then you're following the good stuff. that's following your personal moral compass

I am not I realize what I am doing at least most of the time. But God didnt come here for those who where saved and perfect. Jesus came for those who are in sin and are sining. No one follows God perfectly but Jesus maybe.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Shar,

Very nice pictures. That is the way..Immersion..not sprinkling. Olde School way.

I too am KJV and you are correct ..not many churchs teach and preach from the KJV anymore.

I have one of those Franklin electonic bibles. Very fast to look up verses if you only know a few phrases. This one has both KJV and NIV. I dont use the NIV much except to see where the modern translators changed or omitted verses from the bible. I also keep around several KJV bibles non electronic.

Also no one in my family raised us up in a church enviornment or with biblical values.

I came to the understanding and belief in the Word after picking up a number of cassette tapes at a meeting. The speaker was speaking about a number of topics ..history, economics, social beliefs, wars, education...you name it. Since I was a history buff I knew a bit about most of the history of which he spoke. The difference in this speaker was that he was able to connect the history to show that these were not isolated events but just men doing what they had always done from the begining. Education changes nothing here. Men on their own merits or demerits are naturally corrupt..the history bears this out.
This speaker went on to teach that the bible shows this about natural man from the begining of the book to the end. It is even recorded that the people God chose were doing this too..what natural man was wont to do.

But through all this sorted history there are a remnant out here who for some reason did not go the way of this world ..and in fact reject most of the things and ideas on which this world thinks are so valuable. These people have His name on thier lips daily. They are not polled...nor counted except by God. It is a good thing this is so..for this world does not like or appreciate these people and is wont to treat them as did the Romans or the Hebrew Pharisees.

I have learned Shar ...that Gods people are a minorithy in this world as it was with the nation of Israel in the Olde Testament. A minority surrounded by wildlife which does not like them. Nothing has changed today.

I was able over the years to listen to several sets of these tapes and listened to them often when doing my labors around this house or to and fro work.

I came to listen to several different speakers who were knowlegable and KJV Only speakers and preachers. I eventually met them. I phone some of them when I have a problem or concerens about the bible.
I have been blessed to have this knowlege and view of the world around me and the place of His people here in this world.

I enjoyed and marveled at your posts. Thank you and keep up the good work and Faith. Stand fast in the Faith.

Yours in His Holy Name,
Orangetom1999

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Orangetom1999,

Thank you, for your words of support and comfort.

posted on Jul, 24 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   
I think I have come to the same thought. God's children are only a hand full. I do read KJV too at least thats what I have memorize. I have read other bibles. But as far as preaching or memorizeing it the KJV. I came to God going to jail and living on the streets. When a man in jail a man told me to read Romans so I did. After that all I did was read the bible. Then I took what I went through as God will.

Sometimes we have bad lives, not everthing is good, and yes sometimes we must follow God on our own paths. Not everyone has a church.

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

"" religion says it has all the answers and that they will never be wrong.""

I think you are confused. But then again, maybe I am

But the only one who has ever been arrogant enough to say he made no mistakes and was never wrong, sits in the vatican.

And the only perfect thing outside of the image of God, is His word in the form of the KJV.

The Word is flawless and self defining; [ clik on the 3rd one down, 16 min ]
video.google.com...#

Please don't lump all Christians together, as is my impression of you,

because you are tossing the baby out with the bathwater.

The biggest obstacle I see, that's preventing folks from understanding this war between good and evil,

lays in the years of being beaten over the head [indoctrinated ] with politically correct speech.

[which is totally unConstitutional and unAmerican ] Which makes me wonder, why do people parrot that,

and support that, which is not in their best interests?

One cannot honestly argue a point using unConstitutional speech,

i.e., politically correct garbage,

or quotes from liars in their reasoning...it does not compute as truth!

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Wow, it's been a while since I have seen this post pop up.

Hello everyone, Just thought I would say I still Love my Lord and Savior and am thankful everyday for God in my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join