It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My story of how I came to believe in God through the Holy Bible. (kjv)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Thankyou for saying I was pretty.

Nothing though could of corrupt me from God. I think my dad tried that one already.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well corrupting you from something that does not exist elsewhere than in your mind would be rather difficult. Only you have the ability to wake up and understand that you don’t need a fictional, vengeful and jealous God from a book written over a thousand years ago by men to live a good life.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 04:57 AM
link   
All I can say is. I can't live without my Lord. He got me through EVERYTHING. You see that smile on me in that picture. Well that wasn't always there. I use to never have anything to smile about. I tell you. I still have that smile. I still Feel and Love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I'm actually fine with the fact that your delusion has made life easier for you and perhaps given you a sense of purpose and guidance. I wish I had purpose and a sense of meaning. As long as you keep this to your self and don’t try to drag anyone else into your imaginary reality.

Therefore I’m really sad for your children whom in all probability will not get the chance to look at the issue from an objective stand point. If you’ve raised them in a loving and caring family then perhaps your children does not have to suffer the same delusions as your self.

Vlad

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Hey Shar,

Nice pictures. Now that they're posted on the 'net, I'm waiting for one of them to show up in a weekly tabloid with a headline like-

"Prince Charles Attempts to Drown Lovely Lass in Creek".

Posted by Vlad
I wish I had purpose and a sense of meaning.

You don't have to wish. It's right in front of you. And someday you'll realize it. If you're supposed to. Maybe.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Prince Charles Attempts to Drown Lovely Lass in Creekxt

Oh my gosh. Never thought about that. Now I'm paranoid.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
You've been here since 2004 and NOW you're paranoid? Welcome to the club. What kept you?

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I've been trying to stay under the table hiding. LOL

(I only come out at night.) When no-one can see me.

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Since we are sharing pictures I'll share some of mine.

Perfectly Happy without God.

And here's one of me after reading one of GreatTech's posts:

posted on Apr, 20 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Well at least people are being nice. But God is alive is not fake or a deluosen. You can see his life teaching all around you.

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   

I'm actually fine with the fact that your delusion has made life easier for you and perhaps given you a sense of purpose and guidance. I wish I had purpose and a sense of meaning. As long as you keep this to your self and don’t try to drag anyone else into your imaginary reality. Therefore I’m really sad for your children whom in all probability will not get the chance to look at the issue from an objective stand point.

Oh so now your judging me. I have not been so heavily judge since my dad. I hear people on these boards all the time talking about how they hate Christians because they say we judge others. Or because we act better. I am seeing here that I am the one being judged.

KJV Matthew 7
1 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Why? Why do you hate me so much? Is it because I am a Christian? You should not judge me and think you know me because I say I love my Lord. No two people are the same. Therefore no two Christians are the same.

You will know them by their fruits.

KJV Matthew 7
16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?
17 Even so every good tree bringeth forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree bringeth forth evil fruit.
18 A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
19 Every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.
20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

I have not tried to drag anyone, anywhere. I live the best way that I can. I do know that I could not do it without my Lord. The relationship We have no one can touch. I can mess it up for myself, but no one else can mess it up for me.

Leave my children out of your mind. They have nothing to do with our conversation.

I wish I had purpose and a sense of meaning.

Do you think I woke up one day and had purpose and a sense of meaning. No I didn’t. I worked at it. A little bit at a time. Started at the age of 9. By the time I was 15 I didn’t start my day without my Lord. The very first thing I would do was pray, upon waking up. I thank him for getting me through another night. I thanked him for letting me see the sun again. I asked him to be with me as I go through my day. To help me get through it again. The second thing I would do was read my Bible. Then I would get ready for school, and any free time I had, I study my Bible, and I always prayed to HIM.

I knew I was growing up and scared of sinning. Because I knew I would not be perfect. How could I be, I am just a person. So one of my prayers at the age of 15 was, “Lord please whatever happens in my life don’t let me get so far out of reach from you that I can’t hear you call my name.” He’s always been there for me. Protecting me and keeping me safe. No-one can tell me different.

When I was 21 or 22 don’t remember somewhere in there. I had worked 3 days a double shift. By the third day I was exhausted. I missed the last bus from walking a little slower to the stop. My feet were burning, my legs were hurting. I was tired. I didn’t have cab money. So I walked the 4 miles home, which seemed like 30 miles. It was around midnight. I decided to take a one way street going the opposite direction of traffic. Still a car full of boys saw me walking. They stopped the car backed up. Starting boy calling things at me. I was scared, I just kept walking. Trying hard to ignore them. So why they were scaring the crap out of me, while I was walking, I’m praying. “Lord, let them leave me alone. Let them drive off.” I kept saying it kept praying and at the same time thinking if they come out how I would start my defense. My guard was up. Finally, 1 guy in the back seat, said “leave her alone. Let’s go.” They did. Took one person to say that and they did. They left. I tell you it went on for about 5 minutes. Though it seemed longer. My Lord protected me that day. He’s also protected me on dates, when men had one idea and me another. My Lord would give me the right words or I would do the right thing that kept me safe. He protect's me everyday. All day long.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by Shar]

posted on Apr, 21 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Vlad

The Bible is infallible and divinely inspired by God so please don’t counter comment that this was merely laws created by humans. Either stick with it or accept that the whole book is a freaking fraud.

Your entire post makes my point exactly. By taking Bible versus out of context and indepentant of the rest of the writings associated with it or even by paraphrasing you can twist the Bible just as you can twist any writing. This is the same tactic reporters use when quoting people. Only quote the words that sound fit what you want to say and then twist them to make your point. Lawyers love this tactic too.

As I said before I would like to see everyone believe, but it is you're choice.

[edit on 21-4-2007 by lonewolf37]

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Shar. Stay strong in your faith. I lost track of the thread for a while there, too many to keep track of usually.

Even those who profess to not having faith, have faith in something, they may call it science, or spirituality, or a whole plethora of things, it still is faith.

I'm not catholic, but most of my sibs are...I'm a believer in a something greater than I, how I define it is something I'm still working on and will be for the rest of my days. It's there, and I take comfort in that fact.

What we draw strength and comfort from is no delusion, delusions offer no comfort, or a sense of belonging to something greater, and we all require that, even people who profess otherwise.

Stay strong, but then I know you will

posted on May, 11 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by slymattb
Well at least people are being nice. But God is alive is not fake or a deluosen. You can see his life teaching all around you.

all i see are a bunch of natural things occurring all around me. nothing that would require any sort of supernatural being to exist.

Originally posted by Shar
All I can say is. I can't live without my Lord. He got me through EVERYTHING. You see that smile on me in that picture. Well that wasn't always there. I use to never have anything to smile about. I tell you. I still have that smile. I still Feel and Love my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

and hence is demonstrated marx's point that religion is truely the opiate of the masses.

[edit on 5/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
all i see are a bunch of natural things occurring all around me. nothing that would require any sort of supernatural being to exist.

Well someone so smart wont be blind for all his life.

Originally posted by Shar

Said by someone not so blind. But has faith in his heart.

and hence is demonstrated marx's point that religion is truely the opiate of the masses.

Religion maybe, true followers of God follow the masses but God.

[edit on 5/11/07 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Well nice story. I think I found god throw the streets. I went to jail from the streets. Meet a man in jail. Who told me to read romans. So I did. After I god out of jail. I stole a bible from the book store. I started with New american Bible. It was a more english version of the Bible, but it was a cathic bible. No lie, on every I was on the streets sleeping in turnnels. Reading the bible everywhere i went. When I went to street teens ( a homeless teen shelter, there to give food, clothes, showers, but not to sleep in only open between 4-8 pm) I was found throw a man, but mostly the bible. I didnt have someone by my side telling me what the word was about. I read, and I read alot. I read mostly the new testiment. God is great, God is out there. Sometimes God saves those who have no one to lean on. Through out most of my life, I never knew where I was going or where I was going to stay, or how I was going to eat. But God was somehow always watching. Thanks God, and thanks for your forgiveness for my mistakes

posted on May, 27 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Well someone so smart wont be blind for all his life.

i'm not blind, i see everything around me. again, religion's arrogance is apparent. i look for evidence, if evidence proves me wrong i admit it. religion says it has all the answers and that they will never be wrong. you're the blind one right now, not me.

Religion maybe, true followers of God follow the masses but God.

no, true followers of god follow themselves or others and then claim they are following god.

posted on Jun, 11 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

i'm not blind, i see everything around me. again, religion's arrogance is apparent. i look for evidence, if evidence proves me wrong i admit it. religion says it has all the answers and that they will never be wrong. you're the blind one right now, not me.

Then look around you evidence does show he is here, just not fact.

no, true followers of god follow themselves or others and then claim they are following god.

YA ok, I follow God to follow myself. Your not even starting to sound smart. I dont follow a book of laws for nothing, or for myself. Trust me to say what I want it, is what I want, most of the time its not all that great.

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Ok, this is weird. 'VladTheImpaler' a member who posted his words on this thread is gone.

All his words erased. Nothing here. How? What happen? You can see some peoples quotes from him, but his words are gone.

Never mind he's been banned. However, I guess I didn't know everything would be erased because of banning. member profile

[edit on 13-6-2007 by Shar]

posted on Jun, 13 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Then look around you evidence does show he is here, just not fact.

what evidence is not fact? all evidence is comprised of facts

YA ok, I follow God to follow myself. Your not even starting to sound smart.

no, i said you follow yourself and then say you're following god. i never said that you don't honestly believe that you're following god, i just think you don't realize what you're following.

I dont follow a book of laws for nothing, or for myself. Trust me to say what I want it, is what I want, most of the time its not all that great.

you follow all the laws in the bible? if you do then, i must say that you're an ignorant savage. you stone your disobedient children, sell your daughters into sex slavery under the guise of marriage, kill people for violating the ten commandments, think it's alright to murder homosexuals and think it's perfectly ok to stone someone to death for being a victim of rape.

now, if you're not following those rules... aren't you really just following yourself. you're looking in a book, realizing what's good and what isn't, and then you're following the good stuff. that's following your personal moral compass

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join