It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Militant resistance groups winning Iraq war!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
As violence inflicted by militant resistance groups is rising, the US military is now saying that we must cut a deal with those groups if we are to have a troop pullout anytime soon like congress wants.

By LAUREN FRAYER, Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Military force alone is "not sufficient" to end the violence in Iraq and political talks must eventually include some militant groups now opposing the U.S.-backed government, the new commander of U.S. forces in Iraq said Thursday.

news.yahoo.com...

It therefore seems that resistance or terrorist groups like al-Qaeda are winning the war in Iraq.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Easy situation....Send a massive amount of soliders into Iraq and some over welming wall of destruction search every city with 100,000 plus troops while other along with Helicopters and Planes patrol the vast deserts eliminating any one that tries to escape

Crush the resistance in each city hold forcies of 75,000 in each city, Snipers on roof tops, tanks and other # around the streets, foot soliders walking around!

Kill Al-Masari
Kill Al-Sadar

Find Osama ass lynch him atfer his spills the beans!

American/Iraq/Allied Forces will do this together!

If this ultimately fails, which I dont think it will

Start with the smallest Iraq city bomb the living # out of it
and work your way up to the Largest that being Baghdad and say stop or this place goes then blow it up if they dont comply

Send in Masses of Soliders hunt down any remaining resistence fighters

Secure the borders of Iraq but we know how that # works here in the states Mexicans still get in!!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:16 AM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
That must be the most sick statement from ANY poster I've read here on ATS.

Chaos!!? You've got it man.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Kaos, I agreed up until the point where bombing cities become a must.

Send in a a few hundered thousand troops and do door to door searches on every city, one by one.
root them out one by one.

if this is done, and you do not end the insurgency, then your done.
time to tuck tail and leave because clearly they have found a way to beat the military.

posted on Mar, 19 2007 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Its hard to send a large number of troops because people would rather be homeless and have no life and do drugs until they OD than to enlist and get a life. We are not losing in Iraq the news isnt telling you how many of them we kill everyday we may lose 10-20 a day sometimes more but they lose 200 or sometimes more.

The way to win would be to secure the Iran and Syria borders so that terrorist cant come in from those countries (which is where most are coming from) you could try and do this with Iraqi forces then try to root the ones in country out with allied forces.

Whats up with bombing everything I guess the name says it all.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Actually, we are winning simply because we have been slaughtering them everyday for 5 years now.

BUT if you want to completely crush them, then we will have to do some things that definately wont be popular due to the political nature of this war.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

time to tuck tail and leave because clearly they have found a way to beat the military.

you mean like britain did?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

Yep!

Amazingly some of you havent figured out the reality of the situation yet.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Yep!

No, the problem is we are letting politics influence the war way too much. IF they would let the generals ruin the war and not the damn politicians this would of been over in half the time.

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Your right, we should of carpet bombed Iraq from the begining,
so none of these pesky innocent's covered in bloody type photos keep emerging right?

how can there be a resistance to US OIL Agenders when the entire metro-area of the country is a wasteland of DU.

Hell the generals would of struck Syria and Iran by now.. we'd probably be half way to turning the entire region into a wasteland.

damm... how dare we take into account humanity?

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Your right, we should of carpet bombed Iraq from the begining,
so none of these pesky innocent's covered in bloody type photos keep emerging right?

how can there be a resistance to US OIL Agenders when the entire metro-area of the country is a wasteland of DU.

Hell the generals would of struck Syria and Iran by now.. we'd probably be half way to turning the entire region into a wasteland.

damm... how dare we take into account humanity?

Either fight these *SNIP* or dont. We should stop dicking around and getting americans killed because some politician doesnt want to look bad.

Well, good luck with that.

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 20 2007 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Hows about you shouldnt of gone into Iraq, causing the deaths of Americans.
Instead you want to carpet bomb them..

do you think there going to like you after that?

Mod Edit: Big Quote – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 26/3/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   
What this commander suggests is simply no option; remember what Bush has said: we do not negotiate with terrorists.

posted on Mar, 26 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

What is the reality of the situation I would like to learn from someone who hasnt been there and never will.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Just as I thought you cant even begin to describe the situation. You dont know what sort of tactics these people use to make our jobs harder. No war is easy to win you just hold out until you get your chance to attack and when you do you go all out.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Funny that we may be talking about carpet bombing the hell of Iraq, when actually the whole intention of Bush invasion of Iraq . . . was to liberate them from a cruel, murdering Regime. . .

When did the whole Iraqi liberation turned into wanting the genocide of an entire nation?

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

No, the problem is we are letting politics influence the war way too much. IF they would let the generals ruin the war and not the damn politicians this would of been over in half the time.

I know what you meant to say, but this is very appropriate never the less.

Ever heard of spell check?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 04:01 AM
link   
We don't negotiate with terrorists?
Could have fooled me.. I guess we just ignore past history, where the US government was for Osama, before they were against him, supported Saddam before he became the root of the 'axis of evil'.. Of course, the US and German trained Kosovo Liberation Army aren't terrorists, but freedom fighters..

Economic sanctions in the past 10 years in Iraq which have killed thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of Iraq children under 5 obviously weren't enough. Starving a people to death doesn't make them love us, bombing them isn't enough.. Obviously the only recourse now is nuclear weapons. The only way to get all the terrorists is just to nuke everybody.. That way, all that barren land and nice oil will finally be free..

Iraqi civilians, like their Afghan counterparts, are particularly vulnerable to the hardship of war due to a decade of isolation from the rest of the world. But Iraqi noncombatants, in contrast to the people of Afghanistan, have suffered the impact of years of misguided and grossly indiscriminate economic sanctions that have taken a heavy toll on nutrition and public health. It is not enough to say, as the U.S. government frequently does, that Saddam Hussein is responsible for the isolation and poverty of his people. The sanctions regime has imposed gross hardships on the civilian population and enhance the prospect that they will suffer significant hardship in time of war.

For example, U.S. sanctions against Iraq and neighboring Iran have assured that almost no American relief or humanitarian groups have been able to work in the region. Neither they nor the United Nations have local staff on whom to depend for opening supply routes and delivering medicine, water, shelter materials, and food in the event of the massive dislocation that war almost always causes. At the present time, the people of Iraq are almost entirely dependent upon the Iraqi authorities for the distribution of food and medicine permitted under “oil for food” exemption in the sanctions regimen. If the United States goes to war, those networks will presumably be disrupted or eliminated. Allied forces, accordingly, must assume immediate responsibility for the health and well-being of the civilian population even while they pursue their military objectives.

external source

Is genocide really ever justified? That seems to be what some of you want, the complete massacre of an entire nation to end a war we should never have started to begin with.

If the Generals had their way, what would their strategy be?

And what AIM are we achieving? A dead people is not a free people. A superior force with superior weapons and technology killing thousands of civilians for what?

For their great Freedom?

19kilo, from your posts I assume you have served in Iraq. Tell me, what is the "job" that you were there to do that is being made harder by the people being killed on a better than 20 to 1 ratio?

What situation do we not understand, and what would you do to achieve whatever goal it is you see that the US has in iraq, if you were the one able to make the decision?

posted on Apr, 4 2007 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Desperate people look to desperate solutions.

posted on Apr, 9 2007 @ 12:24 AM
link   

19kilo, from your posts I assume you have served in Iraq. Tell me, what is the "job" that you were there to do that is being made harder by the people being killed on a better than 20 to 1 ratio?

The job get Sadaam. The problem is after we beat their military the insurgents started blowin stuff up. We are not killing civilians the insurgents are blowing up schools with kids in them they blow up stores and gas stations full of people or shoot from behind civilians at soliders killing people and then the choice has to be made shoot or die you die and your platoon dies or you can shoot into that crowd and kill the terrorist.

What situation do we not understand, and what would you do to achieve whatever goal it is you see that the US has in iraq, if you were the one able to make the decision?

I listed some of the problem above but there is more they send kids with bombs on them at you tough choice right. I believe that there is something behind the war like oil but it wasnt my objective or any soliders that I knew or know objectives. If I were making the decisions in Iraq I would reach out to the people to stop killing each other. I would get the police force working get the military up so they can patrol the border them selves and help keep more insurgents from coming over. I would promote religious freedom and promote business to get the economy going.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join