It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General says Iraq talks critical

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:02 AM
link   
You Americans sure like to learn easy lessons the hard way.
As I suggested months ninths & months ago before yet more innocents were killed & butchered the US should talk & stop trying to bully everyone. Now General Petreus shocks everyone with COMMON SENSE !
REMEMBER : Americans YOU DO NOT RUN OR OWN THE WORLD

news.bbc.co.uk...

Mod Note: Changed the title to one of the article. The title the member posted was: "At Last an American with a Brain !"

P.S: The General is half Dutch..

[edit on 8-3-2007 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:13 AM
link   
REMEMBER : Americans YOU DO NOT RUN OR OWN THE WORLD !!

Um ok I used to think like this until today, Listening to Alex Jones and the interview of this guy who knows who attacked on 911 and why.

In a nut shell, Saddam owned an equity company that took over the control of the Iridium satellite system and used agents to take over the control of all the flights and crash them into targets.

His accomplice was non other than Bin Laden's brother who was the other major share holder in this equity company controlling the satellite technology not unlike global hawk which could take over control of a domestic airliner in case of a hijacking.

The US were caught napping and they are trying to make sure it never happens again on US soil. The methods and lies that were used to perpetrate this war on Islamo-Fascist's and their terrorist army were wrong and in the long term will end up a distraction to the facts......Saddam tried to take out the Murrah Building and world trade centres as an act of revenge for the US back stabing him in the invasion of Kuwait.

All is not what it seems and I for one would prefer the US to take them out...than vice versa.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Primary Mover
As I suggested months ninths & months ago before yet more innocents were killed & butchered the US should talk & stop trying to bully everyone. Now General Petreus shocks everyone with COMMON SENSE !

news.bbc.co.uk...

Most of us don't think we "run or own the world". However, quite a few of us, me included, really don't want to be associated with "world citizens" who are arrogant and disrespectful enough of an entire country to name a thread "At last an American with a brain".

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:37 AM
link   

The US should talk & stop trying to bully everyone.

news.bbc.co.uk...

A very provocative title for your thread.

And you should hardly need reminding that Blairs Britain has been with Bush every step of the way in their bogus War on Terror. Its not just USA but Britain also who are bullying other nations.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   

At Last an American with a Brain !

I would have thought that you had been here long enough to understand that sweeping generalisations only garners support from the ignorant.

or maybe the point to your offensive post was to garner ATS points from the disagreeing posts?

More specifically to your post:

Do you think his words are going to make a difference to the US Administrattion's agenda and dictate the direction this conflict will go?

If he is seen to not tow the line there are plenty of people who will replace him.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
mazzroth, you're talking about the guy who didn't thought that 9/11 was an inside job? HAHAHA. This guy was wrong, it was funny. Come on. Saddam behing 9/11... yeah right, if you dismiss all evidence proving that 9/11 was an inside job.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:12 AM
link   

I'm English and even I find that offensive, so what more of my American counter parts????

How could anyone characterise an entire nation in such a way??

I seriously question your motives for such a topic and I would suspect this thread will be closed and you warned over such distasteful comments.

Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to slander!!

NeoN HaZe.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle
quite a few of us, me included, really don't want to be associated with "world citizens" who are arrogant and disrespectful enough of an entire country to name a thread "At last an American with a brain".

You have voted BlueTriangle for the Way Above Top Secret award.
You have used all of your votes for this month.

Exactly.

What a freak'n obnoxious thread (and author).

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Primary Mover, you have it all wrong. Almost all Americans have brains, but their brains don't work as well as they could, because of rigid dogma, goofy ideology, worship of authority, a mass media that lies and spews nonsense, adulation of pop stars, sports figures, criminals and idiots, an educational system that used to be the envy of the world and now is practically useless because now it is just a propaganda machine.

Sadly this is by design of the elite to create a nation of sheep. The elite have good brains and their plan has worked great.

The sheep really never had a chance.

It's a brave new world; welcome to the monkey house!

[edit on 8-3-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I forgot to add that there are plenty of Americans that think, reason and are aware of the situation; but by the time they work 10 hrs a day, all they want to do is come home, have a couple of drinks, watch a little TV and get some sleep so they can get up and do it all over again the next day.

So it's up to us the lucky few with disposable time to point out that the American dream for many is a #in nightmare.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Many here know of my outspoken views on America, but to be perfectly honest such a statement as you have made shows great ignorance on your part, America's foreign policy may be subject to crtisism but America over the years has produced many great minds.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
yeah right, if you dismiss all evidence proving that 9/11 was an inside job.

What evidence? lol

I keep reading that there's this magical evidence which somehow proves the September the 11th attacks were an inside job. I think perhaps you've been paying too much attention to the likes of Michael Moore and not to good old common sense.

Originally posted by whaaa
because of rigid dogma, goofy ideology, worship of authority, a mass media that lies and spews nonsense, adulation of pop stars, sports figures, criminals and idiots

Besides religious dogma, you're telling me the other characteristics you mentioned aren't prevalent in other societies? Way'd it go!

[edit on 8/3/07 by Flyboy211]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   

General Petreus shocks everyone with COMMON SENSE !

news.bbc.co.uk...

Primary, Gen. Petraeus said that the military alone would not work...better wake up that one over worked under paid brain cell of yours and re-read what the man really said..

from CNN
"Speaking publicly Thursday for the first time since taking charge in Baghdad last month, Gen. David Petraeus said military action was necessary to improve security in Iraq but "not sufficient" to end violence altogether."

this type of thread is becoming the norm for this site...I fail to see the conspiracy in this...

spelling errors, apologies

[edit on 8-3-2007 by deadbang]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Dang,if i only had a brain,i'd be able to read this retarded post and come up with some kind witty response.... Oh well,guess i'll have to move to england,their prime minister wouldn't send their forces to iraq

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Indeed iffy thread title. However, I spend alot of my time in North Florida, which is really the south. And you would not believe how many ridiculous comments i hear "Iraq has OUR oil" and "we should take out all those muslims over there" and frankly, it's just just crazy how alot of the hard core right wingers are really quite arrogant, and promoting not just division in our country, but hatred just about everywhere else. I could only imagine the arguments some anti American foreigners could have if they traveled around the South for a while.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
This thread and the author of it are both jokes

Once you bash all citizens of a country because of what a few of those citizens did, you lose all respect I could have had for you. I'm getting really sick of people bashing Americans like me because our government is run by psychos.

Not all of us enjoy what's going on in Iraq and the rest of the world. As a matter of fact most of us Americans hate it.

People like you irritate the hell out of me. You hear things in the media that are full of BS and think that all Americans are like that. You watch the Fox News Channel and here something like "In a recent poll, 90% of the US agrees with Bush and the war". You people never think that they only question about 100 or maybe 1,000 people and think they know how all of the US feels from that very small amount of people polled.

Get a life

top topics

join