It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. for Iraq war

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
LOL now the pro-war people are trying to alienate our Canadian neighbors. I think they won't be satisfied till the majority of nations hate us.

Believe me. Never think Canadians hate Americans. We hate your government BIG TIME. Problem is some people buy into this "you live in igloo's" attitude LOL not realizing that there are US cities attached to our country.

I know many americans when they go to other countries say they are canadian, there must be a reason why they do that.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Oh yeah!!! Well... Well... Guess what!!!

My dad is stronger than your dad!!!

Here we go again with another America bashing thread... I just want you all to know that you sound like children. Both those arguing for and against America.

You can flame me now...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LostSailor

Here we go again with another America bashing thread... I just want you all to know that you sound like children. Both those arguing for and against America.

You can flame me now...
"

HOW dare you come into this debate with a mature attitude.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   

You can flame me now...

So we can't point out the faults of your government? IF U.S was not in a war there would be no wars going on at the moment. The rest of the world is tired of it and it needs to stop.

You'll see my point when the draft gets implemented in the U.S.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by porky1981
China condemns U.S. for Iraq war

Oh now there's a surprise. Guess China is still upset that we interrupted it's cozy relationship with Saddam. Either that, or they want to take the spotlight off their own massive human rights abuses for a while.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
my god, you all treat this as simply television gossip.

war is just a show to you people.

i feel slightly ill.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I’m not quite sure about all the Canadian bashing…but, as I understand, Canada has a long history of overseas missions almost all geared toward peacekeeping and development.

Originally posted by leafer
So we can't point out the faults of your government? IF U.S was not in a war there would be no wars going on at the moment. The rest of the world is tired of it and it needs to stop.

What a huge misconception. I realize bashing the US is somewhat "trendy" these days, but c'mon.

One can not possibly lay all of the world’s current conflicts and regional wars at the feet of the United States. The roots of many of these multiple ongoing conflicts are embedded by numerous other nations, failed colonial policies, ethnic/religious intolerances and civil wars etc etc etc…the world is much, much larger than the ME.

mg

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
this thread and some of the responses just makes me laugh . . .

China can say anything they want . . . and they will get more vocal as they hold our economy by the balls . . . while people talks about invading China and China's right to talk against US, our own government and corporate America . . . sleeps with China.

When China had its littler constipation last week . . . guess what . . . we were forced to smell their gas problem all the way to our own backyard call the US markets.

Yes China is going to become very vocal . . . and very soon they will dictate some of our own foreign polices like any other nation that can afford a piece of America.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Looking through the smoke, China is just playing politics, China knows everyone is sticking the boot in over Iraq so its just taking its turn.

But politics aside Americans need to realise how far up sh%t creek they really are.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Yep, its a case of "visit the USA before the USA visits you"

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN
LOL now the pro-war people are trying to alienate our Canadian neighbors. I think they won't be satisfied till the majority of nations hate us.

It's too late for that... majority of nations DO hate us.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by leafer

You can flame me now...

You'll see my point when the draft gets implemented in the U.S.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by leafer]

Wait what?

There are over 80 wars being fought right now, only 2 of which involve the US. Way to be a moron

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Let's see, you Canadians love to talk about how much you DON'T need the US. According to fas.org your total military force as of 2004 was 52,300 - pretty scary. I bet you could defeat a big military power like Jamaica in just a few months. To look at it another way, your whole military would only fill up one side of the Rose Bowl football stadium on a sunny autumn afternoon. So you can disrespect the US all you want but remember what it means to be all bark and no bite.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by itguysrule
Let's see, you Canadians love to talk about how much you DON'T need the US. According to fas.org your total military force as of 2004 was 52,300 - pretty scary. I bet you could defeat a big military power like Jamaica in just a few months. To look at it another way, your whole military would only fill up one side of the Rose Bowl football stadium on a sunny autumn afternoon. So you can disrespect the US all you want but remember what it means to be all bark and no bite.

You can't classify how 'great' another country is by the size of their army. Canada doesn't dump all of it's money into it's military, but instead into social programs, etc. We don't need an army, the U.S protects us.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:10 AM
link   

You can't classify how 'great' another country is by the size of their army. Canada doesn't dump all of it's money into it's military, but instead into social programs, etc. We don't need an army, the U.S protects us.

I'm not sure he was trying to show how "great" a country is due to military size. Merely, that Canada, well... May not exist today if not for the big brother downstairs...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
We can all agree that it is pretty stupid and hypocritical for China to be criticising the US for human rights issues and invading countries. But, what we must do is face up to the fact that this war has destroyed the image of the United States abroad. We will have to repair that image, and it will take a few years.

And we also cannot be offended by different countries criticising us. No country is perfect, maybe Switzerland and the Netherlands can criticise us, but the bulk of the countries criticising us is just laughable. But we have to accept it, because we are the superpower, and people love to hate the thing that is always seen and heard and sometimes envied.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   

I'm not sure he was trying to show how "great" a country is due to military size. Merely, that Canada, well... May not exist today if not for the big brother downstairs...

Youre right, we would have had all of North America... and probably a different name... something along the lines of Colonial America. lol.
And we would still have our independance, because we realised all we had to do was ask for it. lol.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I agree completely that it is laughable for most countries in the world to criticize the US over human rights issues – especially China. As for my previous comments about Canada, I was not saying that military power makes a country great. Military power makes a country survive a long time. What a country does with their military power determines if they are great or not.

Most of the modern democracies are taking a holiday from their obligations to protect their own citizens because, as porky1981 said so correctly, “we don’t need an army, the US protects us.” Isn’t it nice that countries like Canada and the formerly great powers of Europe can go soft and let “big brother” protect them. Isn’t it nice that the US taxpayer is spending $500 Billion per year on defense and losing the lives of our fine young soldiers protecting people who don’t appreciate it.

I don’t expect to live so long, but I would love to read what objective historians write about this time 50 years from now. I doubt they are going to write about what a war monger the US was and how bad we treated people. I doubt they are going to say that the weak kneed pacifists of the day had it right. Of course, all of this depends upon the US staying strong and defending our little brothers across the world until they (hopefully) wake up and do their fair share.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:00 PM
link   
China didn't do so out of the blue... the title is quite misleading.

It was a RESPONSE to U.S. Department of State criticism of China's human rights and so they just responded by saying, "hey, look at what you guys have done..."

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Canada should have done what Australia did.

Blindly follow the directions of a madman, alerting the world that Australia exists, and wishes to be a target for attacks too.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join