It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China condemns U.S. for Iraq war

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:15 PM
link   
"BEIJING – China on Thursday blasted the United States for trampling on Iraq's sovereignty, using its campaign against terrorism as an excuse to carry out torture and violate the rights of its citizens."

see the rest of the article below:

www.thestar.com...

It's easy to point fingers, but China has an atrocious record with torture, etc. itself.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:37 PM
link   
We should be setting an example to the world, not join them in ignorance and war.
We failed every nation in the world with this war.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:48 PM
link   
everyone will see when the USA invades china for helping iran and all these other terrorist countries

btw, is it any of chinas business at all?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
ummmm hey china

Like china has any room to talk
. They shoot people for violating quarantine!

[Mod Edit: Profanity removed. Please see Terms And Conditions Of Use: section 1b). Thank you - Jak

[edit on 8/3/07 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Do you think maybe there still a little upset over the Taiwan thing.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by gotanybob
Do you think maybe there still a little upset over the Taiwan thing.

probably.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I gather that everyone who just scoffed at China are Americans? I also gather that not a single one of you has been to the areas the US has attacked.

I'm hearing alot of "It doesnt matter what we do, because they are worse."

HOW is THAT supposed to be setting an example?!
They are worse, so we can do whatever the **** we want, is essentially what you're saying.

Analogy:
You don't see me going around beating people half to death, justifying it because somewhere out there, someone is actually beating someone all the way to death.

It doesnt matter how low a few countries stoop, no country in the commonwealth should use that as an excuse to stoop aswell.

Sure China has been involved in torture... doesnt mean it's ok for the US to do it.
Sure China wants Taiwan back, doesnt justify the US invading other countries... nor promoting the Nuclear Arms race by feeding Nuclear Arms technology to Taiwan.

It's these sort of "Well they are worse" justifications for American actions that makes me very disappointed in the supporters of this war.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:31 AM
link   

I gather that everyone who just scoffed at China are Americans? I also gather that not a single one of you has been to the areas the US has attacked

Why do I feel like I just got lectured by my Dad
Geez can't you take a joke??

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
One day i wish we had a president who wasnt such a big pussy. laugh in chinas face and tell them to go to hell....but no...were gearing up for clinton.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
In my honest opinion George Bush and all involved with the planning and execution of the boggled war should be charged with war crimes. The estimates place civillian death tolls at 100k-600k and either of those number is just unacceptable and horrific to think my neighboring country is that bloodthirsty.

Any person can see they lied there way into this mess in the first place for some agenda we can only speculate on. Oil, Israeli buffer zone? Before this war America's army was FEARED by pretty much any country and now they have lost alot of respect and power so other nations are doing things they wouldnt normaly do making the whole world less safe because of this stupid war.

I doubt Bush knew there was differant types of Muslims before the war, I also bet he had not even thought of the global implacations and I also assume they did things with Israeli influence. All in all GW and his cronies have made the world a worse place when he could have used 9/11 and raised America to the top by positive policies but he went the exact opposite. The whole world was behind America with support after 9/11 even if it was an inside job which hasnt been proven yet but still the world was behind the people because they suffered but your leaderships has just caused more of the suffering!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
You canadians punks can talk when you actually grow some balls!!! Terrorist that attacked New York, Pennsylvania and Washington DC came through Canada at one point in time.

Your government has talked trash about ours for some time now!

Your country barely helps out with anything, except for World War 2

United States leads the world in money given to other countries
our countrys billionares help out other little nations. Opera for one helps in Africa can probably by that horrible little countries and she should!

Tell me what makes America so bad!!!

Our country was attacked not yours!

If President Bush didnt go to war in Afganistan or hunt down the people that did this # on 9/11 then people would be saying WHY DIDNT HE DO ANYTHING.

He does something about it, they say why!

WAR was cool a few years ago, but now the Democrats want a turn to run the show so they flip on there original ideas and turn on the President condeming the war.

They all voted for the war..now vote to not fund it and not support the troops

When we lose in Iraq and we will when the Democrats take charge, they will retake the country of Iraq, and push to attack our soldiers in Afganistan and chase us all back to here. Rememeber they said they didnt want stop till the blew up the White House!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:31 PM
link   
bro, I VOTED for bush(twice) and supported the war. Problem was that he went and #ed it all up..hes about as dumb as # and isn't somebody who the world takes seriously. Anybody who takes 4 years to figure out.."hey, ya know..mabey if we put more guys in the war we could win?" now all we need is for him to go "hey, insted of wasting american lives by sending in foot soldiers why dont we bomb them to hell and go home?"

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morkoc96
One day i wish we had a president who wasnt such a big pussy. laugh in chinas face and tell them to go to hell....but no...were gearing up for clinton.

Ahh... Americans, their statements never cease to amaze me.

I gather that everyone who just scoffed at China are Americans? I also gather that not a single one of you has been to the areas the US has attacked.

I'm hearing alot of "It doesnt matter what we do, because they are worse."

HOW is THAT supposed to be setting an example?!
They are worse, so we can do whatever the **** we want, is essentially what you're saying.

Analogy:
You don't see me going around beating people half to death, justifying it because somewhere out there, someone is actually beating someone all the way to death.

It doesnt matter how low a few countries stoop, no country in the commonwealth should use that as an excuse to stoop aswell.

Sure China has been involved in torture... doesnt mean it's ok for the US to do it.
Sure China wants Taiwan back, doesnt justify the US invading other countries... nor promoting the Nuclear Arms race by feeding Nuclear Arms technology to Taiwan.

It's these sort of "Well they are worse" justifications for American actions that makes me very disappointed in the supporters of this war.

Amazing and brilliantly put.

[edit on 8-3-2007 by k4rupt]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Ahh... Americans, their statements never cease to amaze me.

Yeah incredible how all of us are able to make those statements over and over again..Were very good about that here..Takes a lot of practice..What country are you from?? Wow lucky you..And nobody ever makes a dumb remark over there??

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   
It seams that China banned her policy: ''A monkey watches the tiger and the lion fighting each other from above the tree''

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Saying that China is just as bad doesn't say much for our actions. Normally you should be looking for something better to compare to rather then something crappy. Some people just don't get it. We went from looking for WMD's, then to giving Iraqi's freedom, to whoops it was all a mistake. To lower ourselves to the likes of the Communists is nothing to be proud of.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It is a sad day when a country such as china, with its record can turn around and blast the US for its 'new' record.

Its even worse when americans still think they are righteous, because they dont perofrm the acts china performs.

Well thankfully, they have said this only NOW... how much longer do you think the SHAMBLES that is Iraq is going to drag on for?

Id like to see americans opinions of china, and theyre comments when Iraq is finished... by then we will all know this war was illegial, if you dont already!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
You canadians punks can talk when you actually grow some balls!!! Terrorist that attacked New York, Pennsylvania and Washington DC came through Canada at one point in time.

Why don't Candians "have balls"? Because we aren't blowing people up and sticking our noses in others people's business? Canada doesn't need protection from the U.S because we don't start wars and of course that doesn't lead to us getting attacked. Also WHO TOLD YOU that the terrorists came through Canada CNN??? The U.S loves to blame us for everything like the new york black out to name another one because they can't admit to their own people their government is very iincompetent.

Here are a few questions to think about:

Supposedly Bin Laden was behind all of this, now where is he?

Bin Laden isn't and never was in Iraq so what is america still doing there? YA war on terror, you keep believing that.

Massive amounts of evidence support 911 was done so this war could be started. Why aren't americans more concerned with that?

Why do we need to help the U.S out ?

1) If the U.S is so great then why do they need our help

2) What has the U.S done for us lately?

Nothing thats what. Except blame us for their own stupidity. I'M SURE the supposed terrorists could have never snuck in through Mexico because the US is doing such a great job at border security on the other side of it LOL

[edit on 9-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Your government has talked trash about ours for some time now!

United States leads the world in money given to other countries
our countrys billionares help out other little nations. Opera for one helps in Africa can probably by that horrible little countries and she should!

Tell me what makes America so bad!!!

Our country was attacked not yours!

If President Bush didnt go to war in Afganistan or hunt down the people that did this # on 9/11 then people would be saying WHY DIDNT HE DO ANYTHING.

He does something about it, they say why!

WAR was cool a few years ago, but now the Democrats want a turn to run the show so they flip on there original ideas and turn on the President condeming the war.

They all voted for the war..now vote to not fund it and not support the troops

When we lose in Iraq and we will when the Democrats take charge, they will retake the country of Iraq, and push to attack our soldiers in Afganistan and chase us all back to here. Rememeber they said they didnt want stop till the blew up the White House!!!

Also if you even spent a weekend here in Canada you would realize your government is ripping its citizen's off big time. We all have health care, we all get high minimum wages and high wages period, and we all work (the ones that want to) because there are a ton of jobs out there, crime is next to nothing EVEN in cities with 4+million people, and our cities are clean not ghetto like most of your major cities.

If you saw how good the way of life here is you would really begin to question what the h**l is going on with your government in the U.S.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by leafer]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
LOL now the pro-war people are trying to alienate our Canadian neighbors. I think they won't be satisfied till the majority of nations hate us.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join