It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I a bad person for being just a tad jealous?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My sons' mother in law just came into 1/4 Million. I know its not much, but i feel a little jealous that i will most likely never get to touch any of that money.
I want my kids to prosper and i;m happy that they will benefit, but i'd like a little of it.

I feel like blah because i dont like jealousy and greed. I suppose the right thing to feel is contentment and happiness for that person. I do feel that but not without a little jealousy.

Would you be jealous?

Please show me how to be a good person.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Hey dg, Im jealous and I don't even know your son's mother in law.

It shows that your an honorable and good, sweet person for even questioning your motives.

Bless your heart!!

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
not at all DG..

Look at this this way..You are not being jealous, you are merely wishing another person might experience the joy of generosity.

Quite a bit of money was flying around in my family, last year, and 2 years before that. Both times, there were some very ugly moments. Some people were left out completely due to old disputes (all of this came from two different estates). My wife and I recieved a number of disbursements of this cash..We were the only ones who remembered to take care of the people who were left out. Even in death, people who have a will, can be jerks.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thank you both for your support and kind words of me.

I've decided that i can only wish them all the good in this world and lots of health to enjoy!

That's the decent thing to do.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Money isn't everything. But It sure helps alot...whhahahaaa

Just do not get too obsessed with money, jealousy or any other emotion.

A little jealous can be a good thing, a driving force to achieve a goal. Too much of it will make a monster of anyone.

Just ask a Jedi .....

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey dg.....

I don't think I would be jealous. I've been on both sides of the track, without money, and with money. I can remember having much happier times being broke....isn't that insane
I can hardly believe I said it, but it's true....Money doesn't make you happy, don't be jealous.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
nah man don't be jealous. the 36th law of power says you should disdain things you cannot have, and that ignoring them is the best revenge. if you've never read the 48 laws of power and/or not on the machievellian (sp?) side like myself..then um..be jealous i guess.

[edit on 9-3-2007 by LordInfamous]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

My sons' mother in law just came into 1/4 Million. I know its not much, but i feel a little jealous that i will most likely never get to touch any of that money.
I want my kids to prosper and i;m happy that they will benefit, but i'd like a little of it.

I feel like blah because i dont like jealousy and greed. I suppose the right thing to feel is contentment and happiness for that person. I do feel that but not without a little jealousy.

Would you be jealous?

Please show me how to be a good person.

dgtempe, let me introduce you to yourself. You are human so these feeling are natural. Anyway, you are a fine example of good people so stop being hard on yourself. Damn, I wish that I was more like you! And yes I would be jealous. I want more money too!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Human emotion is a funny ol thing eh,

We all cant help the feelings that we have, and Yes if i where you i would feel a little jealous also, We all want to benefit from a large some of money, Normal its far from us and we hear about someone coming in to money via TV or a friend of a friend, But when we kinda get closer to home we smell the green

I guess its some of us have worked very hard for very little and then out of the blue someone gets a large cash some, something we fokes can only dream of,

The feeling will pass, Wish them well and just move on, You never know whats around the corner for you,

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
I want money too.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Maybe you won't get to touch the money, but I'm sure as a mother, you can guilt-trip your son into buying practically anything for you that you want.

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
I'm grateful my son will benefit and that's good news to me. The check hasnt cleared
but it will in a couple of days. I'm sure i'll get to go shopping and get something...I'm anticipating a little something, but if not, like i said, my son will get some and it will benefit him and that makes me happy.

I've had a lot of money, and i've been broke also.
I guess it all comes in cycles.

posted on Mar, 15 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Stop guilttripping yourself, silly.

I don't think jealous would the right word either.

There's nothing you should feel. Just because you feel a certain way (and you can't control it) doesn't make you a bad person.

That's all I have to say.

posted on Mar, 28 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Never got a penney. I could sure use it so i could turn my internet back on. Oh well, chin up and a stiff upper lip.
One day the tables could be turned, then i'll know exactly what to do.
Keep it for myself.

new topics

top topics

join