It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USAF bombing Chinese Navy

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey guys, what if the situation arose that the PRC was going to use its Navy to go across the strait and reclaim Taiwan?

I argued with a friend that the USAF would dominate over the strait and bomb the PRC Navy back to the stone age, he argued otherwise, claiming the PRC Airforce was to thick as was their ship missile defense.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I think that we would retaliate navally, but since thats not the question:

The air launched version of the sea sparrow missile would be very effective.

PRC goes into taiwan straight.
USA moves a CVBG towards them.
USA CVN launches aircraft with sea sparrow missiles.
PRC takes a blow and deployes its land based air force.
USA moves raptors in from japan.
USA raptors quell most if not all enemy air force.
USA starts losing naval air units to ship based SAMS.
PRC begins to lose ships to CVBG and air units.
PRC subs attack CVBG.
USA DESRON arrives to fight off subs.
USA CVBG under intense fire
USA CVBG launches a finishing blow and than backs off.
USA moves additional CVBG into the area and PRC backs off.

Thats just some rough guess, that I pulled out of my head. A random guess.

So for a summary: The PRC air force would get thwacked. And their navy would get thwacked. But our navy wouldn't go unscathed though.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackWidow23
I think that we would retaliate navally, but since thats not the question:

The air launched version of the sea sparrow missile would be very effective.

PRC goes into taiwan straight.
USA moves a CVBG towards them.
USA CVN launches aircraft with sea sparrow missiles.
PRC takes a blow and deployes its land based air force.
USA moves raptors in from japan.
USA raptors quell most if not all enemy air force.
USA starts losing naval air units to ship based SAMS.
PRC begins to lose ships to CVBG and air units.
PRC subs attack CVBG.
USA DESRON arrives to fight off subs.
USA CVBG under intense fire
USA CVBG launches a finishing blow and than backs off.
USA moves additional CVBG into the area and PRC backs off.

Thats just some rough guess, that I pulled out of my head. A random guess.

So for a summary: The PRC air force would get thwacked. And their navy would get thwacked. But our navy wouldn't go unscathed though.

I agree that this is probably how it would go, but what about NK, Chinas little puppet. If this were to happen, wouldnt China send NK to attack SK to cause the US further difficulties? I believe they would. Unless they didnt want the situation to escalate any further.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:25 PM
link   
China and US are both nuclear powers capable of demolishing eachother with relative ease and of course doom and gloom for all mankind.

But if you are thinking purely conventional forces, China has a vast array of anti-ship threats that would give the USN a serious run for its money in a relatively small area of water near to land such as Taiwan straight. Shore based MRLS and anti-ship missiles, including rumoured modified ballistic missiles, would probably get the CVNs sooner rather than later irrespective of USN's growing anti-missile capability and air dominance, Raptor or not. Of course US is well equipped to inflict grave losses on Chinese assets but the Taiwan straight is probably the least favourable of USN battlefields.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I gotta say that this would be a bloodbath. You bottle neck that much firepower in such a small place and your just asking for disaster.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I do agree it would be a bloodbath. But realistically though, do you really think the USAF could vector enough fighters towards the situation? It seems China could swarm the area with hundreds, if not thousands of fighters, while the USAF is scrambling fighters from a few normal sized airbases and carriers.

I would assume perhaps our B2’s would destroy some critical ships at the beginning, but on the other hand China would have massive patrols just for that particular situation. Confusing, and messy.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 12:08 AM
link   
PRC dosent have THAT many fighters. And even if they did, they arent the only ones with advanced SAMS.

Another advantage the US has is it has equipped its F-15s with PAC-3 missiles, so many of the incoming anti ship missiles bound for CVN would be shot down.

Also, if China decides to swarm, so will the US. We have tons of F-16s and we can put them all in the area in a day or two. F-15s too. F-22s can shoot down 6 planes every time they take off. 50 raptors equals 300 fighters, but realistically half those missiles will miss, so 150 fighters and probably five to ten losses.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Where are the closest F-15s with Pac-3s stationed? I serously doubt that they could protect USN assets from concentrated ASCM attacks...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 02:16 AM
link   
how ironic is that even a lot taiwanese people call themselves chinese nowaday, and most are neither interested in indepence nor support their current government,
and yet the americans kept on trying to make them a separate nation, and dreamed to fight with china

[edit on 3/9/2007 by warset]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:38 AM
link   
As long as they have a separate Govt, military structure they're independant enough..

Any conventionally configured ballistic launches would be a great risk for China as the US may not wait to determine the nature of the Warhead.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   

how ironic is that even a lot taiwanese people call themselves chinese nowaday, and most are neither interested in indepence nor support their current government,
and yet the americans kept on trying to make them a separate nation, and dreamed to fight with china

Exactly. If any of you americans would have look at Taiwan independance movement, they are only 20% of the population.

I'm not saying that against Taiwan because I support the right for peaceful auto-determination... but facts are facts.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by warset

Last I checked the US maintains a status quo in the Taiwan straight. If Taiwan declares independence, we wont support them, Bush stated this openly. If China attacks, we will support Taiwan. I'm surprised none of you knew about this. The US wont support any party who seeks to disrupt the status quo in the straight.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
of cuz i know those thing

but the problem is even though they government declares that, mosst american ppl don't really act like what their government declares they should do

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Yes it would be a blood bath, on the American side, the Chinese would not wait to watch their ships and aircraft destroyed, any US combat group would be nuked before it got in range to do anything.

Thats the problem with an imbalance of power, China cannot match the US at sea, but it can nuke America's carrier fleets with no loss to itself. I'm sure it would not provoke a nuke exchange because as mad as Bush and Co are they wont want the US nuking back to the stone age irrespective of the option of nuking China.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:50 AM
link   
lol

sounds almost like it's a fiction story

but NO the chinese officier did actually say that nuking the US is an option... oh crap.. not that

even the soviet union and the US refused to nuke eachother during the cold war..

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
China just need to shoot down or blind the US satellites above China's territory by using anti-satellite missiles and laser, then the whole US carrier group will become useless.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I read a couple of things about the PRC Navy, and it looks like they're catching up with their old soviet-style ships. However, they won't be able to scare anyone in the US Command before 2015, i guess. Anyway, they lack experience, no matter what they have. The PRC was designed to be a transport fleet for ground forces, not to be a real navy in itself. Even if they have good missiles and a few cruisers capable of inflicting losses to the US Navy, I'm afraid the cooperation between sea and air forces will make the US prevail in any kind of war. Of course there will be losses, but hey, it's war

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:01 AM
link   
sorry im afraid

but chinese navy doesn't have any cruisers

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by google_abcd
China just need to shoot down or blind the US satellites above China's territory by using anti-satellite missiles and laser, then the whole US carrier group will become useless.

In short.. No..

You've got to do a lot more than that..
And once you take out space assets then you take the confrontation to a whole new level..

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
China has no air domination over America.

China would have our entire carrier fleet there within weeks leveling the country to a pile of ruble. Taiwan is an ally, and our government has stated very clearly an act of war on Taiwan is an act of war on America.

Though China would love to have it..... lots of oil..... lots and lots of oil...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join