Jews in Wall Street - Rude Awakening For Me

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
Hell as the Jerusalem Post mentioned in regards to the Vanity Fair article on the worlds 100 most powerful people, more than half of them are Jews.

- Lee

Hey, they do respect the Ten Commandments, them. At least through their genes.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by Rigel

Are you somehow jewish Mr Skyflo ?

Thats classified information. Way above top secret

The e as in e-lo-him is duly noted

And what about the Yod from IHVH that's need to be equally praised ?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

And what about the Yod from IHVH that's need to be equally praised ?

For reasons of cooperative and administrative measures in regard to joint online projects conducted by aforementioned sources I am not at liberty to discuss that with you at this current date.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by zeropointtruth

60 years ago when I was a little boy, my father explained to me that Jews would go three miles to do business with one of their own, when a similar christian business was a hundred feet away. No matter where they are, they overstep and siphon too much out of the economy and are soon run out of the country.

I heed the lesson, and before I buy a stock I look at who the executives are that run the company. Beware, many change their names but the information is available on the net.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
How ignorant, asians stick together just like any other group, my indian friends are cheaper than any jew I know and my muslim friends believe that jews and christians are animals. I can go on offending every group out there. The fact that you make such stupid assumptions as to think all jews are like some wallstreet nut cases you work with is retarded. Most ppl who work at wall street are nuts, jews included. Make them identifiable jewish (the religious ones) and you get to such retarded conclusions like yours.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Talk about overkill !

I've heard it's advantageous to be 'seen to be' on the 'right' side

but I've never seen so many being publicly so desperate to be 'seen to be '

Eight pages of a very small number so eager to be 'seen to be '

Gee, take a break, please, before your fingers develop RSI

You HAVE been 'seen to be ' !

You have kissed-A sufficiently by now, surely ?

Or do they want more from you ?

How much more .... ten, twenty pages of 'being seen to be' and brown-nosing ?

LOL.

Well, if you've achieved anything, it has been to make ATS's position VERY clear .

Yes, you have done that.

From now on, I will ignore (or laugh at) the ATS maxim ' Deny Ignorance'

I mean come on ..... what a joke !

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
You think it's a coincidence that the jews have been kicked out of EVERY country they have ever lived in? (The U.S. being the exception)

You know, if I shared 40 different houses with 40 different people, and each one of them kicked me out claiming various things, when do you actually start to believe them? What's sad is that the sephardic jews get lumped in with the Ashkenazi jews.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeropointtruth
I am trying not to make a generalization however if you look at wall street firms and who runs them. I think any reasonable person can conclude that there is a heavy jewish influence in this area.

again it is not a bad thing. i admire the power. i admire the collaboration and support. it is something that others should learn from.

i just had a blind eye to it and realized that there is a slight change of rules.

You can make similar correlations with anything.

Every noticed that most politicians are men? There's your answer: all the men are in on it together. Ever noticed that most politicians are white? There's your answer right there: it's a white conspiracy! Even noticed that all these successful powerful people tend to be 50 years and above? It's the grey-haired cabal that are ruling the rest of the world!

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
The wandering Jews no homeland etc etc that's why they stick together.

They are the smartest human beings ...notice I did not say clever or shrewd that would be racist.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Leo Strauss

Oy vey, one doesn't have to get to the second line of your post to find something offensive. Your reference to the Wandering Jew is as ant-Semitic as it is factually incorrect. The Wandering Jew does not refer to a group, it refers to a single entity. The term and imagery have been a tool of those that have spewed forth vile propaganda and perpetrated great evil; I see you have no issue invoking it.

As for your "racist" remark, being Jewish is not a race, nor an ethnicity, but religion.

You have demonstrated your ignorance and your hatred in a mere two lines of text, I applaud your economy of words.

Shalom.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

I've known some pretty stupid folks who were Jewish.
Most likely, the reason you'll see or remember smart Jews is because they're smart.
It doesn't take being a particular race or religion to get places, though sometimes it can help, it takes the smarts to get tot he place of power, and use it in a way to keep you in power.

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jewcano

Oy vey, one doesn't have to get to the second line of your post to find something offensive. Your reference to the Wandering Jew is as ant-Semitic as it is factually incorrect. The Wandering Jew does not refer to a group, it refers to a single entity. The term and imagery have been a tool of those that have spewed forth vile propaganda and perpetrated great evil; I see you have no issue invoking it.

As for your "racist" remark, being Jewish is not a race, nor an ethnicity, but religion.

You have demonstrated your ignorance and your hatred in a mere two lines of text, I applaud your economy of words.

Shalom.

Oy Gevalt I've done it again!! I have unintentionally offended...please forgive me. What I meant to say is you people sure have rhythm and can sing like birds! Please no offense. You're very talented!

My allusion or delusion regarding the wandering jew was certainly not meant in the sense you described. It was meant that until recently the Jews had no homeland and were forced to assimilate into foreign cultures.

Remember when Jews couldn't buy houses in the Hamptons...when I think of that I realize how far we have come as a society!

Shalom to you my friend! You're not JDL are you? You avatar is kinda scary looking.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Look Im a Jew. I was taught that we Jews have different obligations to non Jews, that we have the heavy mantle of being "chosen" I guess that might piss some people off. Also many Jewish people learned not to trust non jews in europe after all the persecutions. Many Jews refer to non Jews as 'goyim' I think thats a word for gentie although to be honest it does have a negative connotation. Jews can call another Jew a yid which is really a term of reverence but for a non Jew to call a jew a yid might be constrewed as a bit negative. Its complicated. I actually love-hate my religion and my people although love hate is a bit strong , more like
Ther is no conspiracy Jews work hard and have been persecuted for so long they had to get smart or die -- and many did. Thye/we innately are afraid someones gonna take it all off us and that usually is what happens...like wall st now!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leo Strauss
Remember when Jews couldn't buy houses in the Hamptons...when I think of that I realize how far we have come as a society!

they could by houses, they just weren't welcome at certain country clubs. this is still prevalent in some of the older clubs.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I just gotta say the first few pages of this thread had me rollin'...

Jewcrets... friggin' classic.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
When I see posts like this, I can't help being reminded of Pastor Martin Niemöller's famous quote from Nazi Germany:

"In Germany, they came first for the Communists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, And I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew;

And then . . . they came for me . . . And by that time there was no one left to speak up."

United we Stand, Divided we fall. Let's rise above accusing an entire religion of being the downfall of anything.
I am not Jewish, and maybe many of you are not, but if we allow this to continue, we may just end up with what happened to Germany in the 1930's.
Please, I would expect better of most of the people on ATS. This is just a clear case of allowing human decency to rule, not FEAR. If you don't like what Wall Street has done (and I certainly don't), go after those that perpetrated the crime, not their religion.
WE ARE BETTER THAN THAT.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Damn, I'm glad I'm not Jewish. That is one complicated religion.

I think one of the things being overlooked in this is the kinship angle. Since in theory the "group" seems to trace it's ancestry to one specific person, then it would be very natural to feel this kinship with one's "cousins". It is a therefore a part of evolution itself that the bond of kinship be stronger than the ties toward strangers. This seems to apply to all groups from geeks to cops to pirates.

Among my own ethnicity, tribal ties are an underlying part of the "trust value" one unconsciously has in any meeting with people, social or otherwise. (We also see the bad side of that in places of ethnic cleansing such as Bosnia and parts of Africa.) A greater trust value is placed on those towards whom we have a greater understanding. And conversely, greater distrust towards those for whom we have less understanding (contact).

Nationalism, which is just an artificial tribe, is an outgrowth of this attitude. When prehistoric cultures went hungry due to over hunting in an area, I'm sure they blamed the tribe across the valley for taking all the game. When nations have economic troubles, there is a natural tendency to blame wealthier nations for the problem. When ethnic groups feel hardships, then it is natural to not only blame other groups, but to actively work to "defend" their own gains by a variety of means.

This idea seems to work on levels from the individual to whole countries. (If Germany had been prospering enough after WWI, I doubt Hitler would have been more than a blip on the radar screen of history.) Leaders become leaders by choosing either a negative or positive idea and then expanding on it to harness the energy of those of the herd, in whatever form that may be.

Therefore, it seems logical to me that the higher one goes in any field, be it politics or business, one is likely to find a shrinking field of "otherness" within the group. (Sometimes this is ideological/religious rather than racial.)

It says much for the progress of the human condition that we are finally starting to recognize and address this. To realize that we are all humans, related to each other in every way possible. To realize that the faults of others are usually just things we ourselves haven't gotten around to, (or have willfully forgotten). A part of what Ronald Reagan said in that oft quoted speech about a threat from space is the underlying idea that man would then have some bug eyed monster to blame, instead of another group of humans.

These types of feelings, fear of those other than our own familiar (root word here is "family") type, is a social problem that is being dealt with very well by current man. Such things can't be dealt with by laws, (such as those in Germany) any more than wealth can be created by a government printing more money. It has to be confronted in the social arena, at places like ATS.

Such social changes take time. Our ancestors didn't ingrain these feelings overnight, therefore it isn't logical to expect that we can now change them in a twinkling. And often these feelings are communicated from one generation to the next in non verbal ways, so that the child learns to trust what the parent trusts, and fear what the parent fears. (Have you ever noticed how fear of storms run in families? Even when the parent verbally tells the child it will be OK, they still communicate the fear in a stronger non verbal subtext.The child will then grow up, and if questioned will truthfully say that their parents never told them storms were scary.)

Yes, we have miles to go before we sleep, but even in this thread, I see hope that we are on the right road. That I am on the right road. And I hope the OP returns one day to see how much thought he has generated by his post.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zeropointtruth

Another jew-conspiracy. Don't you think there is enough of this?

new topics
top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join