It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jews in Wall Street - Rude Awakening For Me

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
and freemasons support freemasons and whites support whites and asians support asians... nothing new here folks... move along

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
This thread is like "what if Eric Cartman was the OP?"

Wow. Just... wow.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogHead
This thread is like "what if Eric Cartman was the OP?"

Wow. Just... wow.

Yeah, people expressing their opinions in an open forum is just really mind blowing man...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Ahhh I see the never ending thread shows up once again.

Apparently it has some legs and wants to survive.

So- are there still Jews on Wall Street?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeropointtruth
DISCLAIMER: This post is not anti-jewish in any sense. Just an honest attempt to explain what I never knew existed. To me, it could be deemed a secret society. i have plenty of jewish friends (includes best friend).

This could probably apply everywhere (ie politics, technology) but I have always been blind to the power of the jewish connections in Wall Street. Never did I suspect the hidden brotherhood that exists and how powerful it could be.

I am asian-american. I will tell you that i have learned a few things. Please tell me if I am wrong.

1. Apparently at synagogues, jews are taught that everyone else is a gentile or pig. This explains some of the arrogance I have seen by some jews at work. It is a different arrogance (hard to explain). There are some who can be classified as "difficult" at work and what is funny is that they stick together well. I never made the connection until someone asked me what they had in common. I was flabbergasted.

2. In conducting business, some jews look at me as if I have three heads. I work well with clients but it is abit different with some jews (ones who wear the beanies) I apologize if that is the wrong term. I cant spell the proper term. We have one nasty client (I prefer to stay away from) and i have always wondered how one jewish coworker got along with him. Wow.

3. My friend works at a tech company and was pitching a business one time. The owner of the tech company is an Israeli. The owner of the business they were pitching asks "who is the owner?" My friend, also asian-american, tells him the name. The prospect says "Oh is he one of us? (pointing to his beanie on his head) and smiles. They got the deal.

This is not isolated to the jews at all. I know it exists everywhere. I just learned to appreciate the power of the jews and how well they stick together and help eachother. It's an admirable quality and it contributes to their success.

At the same time, it saddens me that whether you are jewish makes a differences in how well you can succeed in Wall Street.

No offense, but I bet you read a lot of anti Jewish propaganda? In fact the first point you made sounds exactly like flithy propaganda.

Now everything that your saying can't even be verified and isn't fact so I'm guessing you have been reading propaganda

And how dare you suggest Jews learn to hate gentiles in synagogues. I've been to both ultra orthodox and reform ones and home worship and nothing of the sort happens.

And I really can't believe someone would point at their "beanie".
How ridiculous. And even if the owner of the company was jewish that doesn't mean that that's the reason they got whatever deal. Christ.

There's such a huge conspiracy! Have you noticed how Christians accept business deals from other Christians, or how athiests give jobs to athiests?

Oh and shock horror, the majority of people in Europe are white! How did THAT happen? Clearly there's a "conspiracy"...

How terrible

[edit on 17-1-2008 by monkey_descendant]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well I just went through seven pages of this and it was extremely one sided.

I didn't see any "super moderating" going on at all.
Apparently being given mod status means "ridicule people" and go as far off topic as possible.

What the OP stated in his first post and mazzroth has mentioned, has been told to me by more than one Jew.

I don't know what it is, they can't handle beer, my big nose, people always ask if I'm jewish, maybe because i look like jesus. Whatever the reason these people just came out and told me these things.

Being told that an entire religion of people thinks that all the other people in the world are pigs and that their life is meaningless and willfully damaged by this religion is a bit much to stomach.

When I heard it from Nazi skinheads ten years earlier naturally I didn't want to believe it, studying Kabbalah and Hebrew and dating Jewish girls from Queens and all.

But here it was coming from the rich jew itself, and not just one of them, and not at the same sitting!

No wonder jews get defensive when people bring it up.
They must feel sick to know that deep inside that is part of their culture.

Crakeur or any other jew on ATS certainly can't speak for the millions of other jews that are out there. Especially since their influence extends to what? A website for paranoids, the gullible, and the delusional?

Hardly the top tier of any community.

In seven pages, did a single person who works on wall street, who is not a jew respond?

So how can you say the OP is wrong?

Are you denying ignorance, or promoting your own as fact?

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Legalizer]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Legalizer

legalizer, ATS is the top tier for the conspiracy community. that said, I was not a mod when this old thread happened and thus, I wasn't moderating but posting my opinions on the topic. If you read through the whole thread you saw me state that the humor was put in there to lighten the thread up a bit.

Oddly enough, now that I am a mod I tend to ignore the anti-semitic rantings and I leave the hate spewing out there for someone else to find and deal with because I fear my rebuttal will just result in the usual "nazi mod" comments. As for the original poster and his thoughts, not a single person came forward to say they agreed. I have plently of friends working on wall street, some jewish, some muslim, some atheist and some christians. they never seem to talk about how the jews are in control. No, the only people that ever seem to complain about another group being in control are the ones who can't make it on their own and need to find an excuse to compensate for their lack of whatever it is that is need to excel in their field.

there is no secret jewish cabal that controls wall street. This guy couldn't get ahead. It happens. Perhaps he was simply not good at picking investments or convincing new clients to invest money with him.

my clients with the most success in wall street are not jewish. to totally counter the OP's whining, I have a young asian client who is now making something like 2 million a month working at an investment bank. If the jews are holding him back, they're not very good at it.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Some of the finest people I have met have been Jews. Some of the greatest contributors to Western culture and science have been Jews. Some of the most fair-minded and compassionate people in the world are Jews. I know they stick together, but remember that that have not been treated so well throughout history, and they have a long cultural memory. They are humans like the rest of us. Rise above your anger and fear friend.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by zeropointtruth
DISCLAIMER: This post is not anti-jewish in any sense. Just an honest attempt to explain what I never knew existed. To me, it could be deemed a secret society. i have plenty of jewish friends (includes best friend).

This is how every anti-jewish rant begins: "I have jewish friends. I am not anti-jewish, BUT..."

1. Apparently at synagogues, jews are taught that everyone else is a gentile or pig. This explains some of the arrogance I have seen by some jews at work. It is a different arrogance (hard to explain). There are some who can be classified as "difficult" at work and what is funny is that they stick together well. I never made the connection until someone asked me what they had in common. I was flabbergasted.

Baptists stick together. Muslims stick together. Republicans stick together.

Furthermore, jews are not "taught" that everyone else is a pig.

Being familiar with ATS and the anti-jewish theories on it, where you really that "flabbergasted"?

2. In conducting business, some jews look at me as if I have three heads. I work well with clients but it is abit different with some jews (ones who wear the beanies) I apologize if that is the wrong term. I cant spell the proper term. We have one nasty client (I prefer to stay away from) and i have always wondered how one jewish coworker got along with him. Wow..

Guilt by association. There is someone you dont like and that must mean "jews are bad"?

3. My friend works at a tech company and was pitching a business one time. The owner of the tech company is an Israeli. The owner of the business they were pitching asks "who is the owner?" My friend, also asian-american, tells him the name. The prospect says "Oh is he one of us? (pointing to his beanie on his head) and smiles. They got the deal...

Yes. And so?

This is not isolated to the jews at all. I know it exists everywhere. I just learned to appreciate the power of the jews and how well they stick together and help eachother. It's an admirable quality and it contributes to their success.

At the same time, it saddens me that whether you are jewish makes a differences in how well you can succeed in Wall Street.

If you´re bright, you can succeed anywhere. Has nothing to do with race.. That was more than 100 years ago. Today anyone can succeed.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
honestly, with all the crap they've been put through for thousands of
years, i'd be a little "suspect" myself. nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wow what a thread.

Let me just say that in spite of the obvious steps the original poster seemed to take in not being offensive he was nevertheless sand bagged for his observations and experiences which I don't believe he made up or wrote with the intention of offending anyone. Those run-on jokes were way off-topic and in my mind disrespectful to the person asking a legitimate question.

Even if he was wrong you could have at least acted a bit more serious.

Let me give you this short story:

I had heard about the nepotism and stick-togetherness of the Jewish community from wanna-be movie makers to cleaning ladies but I never put much thought into it. I literally brushed it off as being antisemitic.

I rented an apartment years ago from a Jewish landlord and I have to say he was one of the greatest people I had met in the city I live in. He was not only supportive of my work, he even became my unofficial lawyer should I need one since that was his main profession. He represented me in a car accident that got me everything I needed in spite of the insurance company trying to hold out. He gave me contacts to people in my field of work that helped me get ahead and when he evicted my irresponsible roommates from the apartment he told me that I could stay even WITHOUT them. I just had to pay my share of the rent not the full fee until I found other roommates.

Wow.

I eventually moved out because I couldn't find anyone and I started to feel guilty as the months went on not paying him what he was due. However I did help him out with work on his other properties and my girlfriend at the time was an Art teacher so she taught his daughters.

Yes folks Mr. Shapiro was the man.

Years later I met a woman and we eventually married. There were some legal issues we needed to work out and at the time Mr. Shapiro could not handle this so he referred me to a friend of his. Another Jewish lawyer that handled this particular work. We drove out to meet this gentleman.

This man was the worst.

He was arrogant, insulting, rude, bigoted and downright disgusting. He even seemed to make a pass at my wife. I had to hold back from just striking the man during one of his rants. I fired him, and I told Mr. Shapiro that this man was awful. He became quickly annoyed at me for some reason and after snapping at me for a while he simply suggested another person handle us. A non-Jewish woman in DC he knew. However he would not discuss the lawyer he referred any further. I asked why and he said: "I don't doubt anything you said he did is true as I know how he can treat certain people, however we have to accept him and that is that." He quickly got off the phone. By "certain" did he mean non-Jewish? I never got to find out.

Mr. Shapiro NEVER spoke to me again after that.

I don't mean simply not saying "hi", he walks by me as if I am not even there. I was confused, shocked and a bit hurt. He admits this guy is a jerk but never speaks to me again? Huh?

This was an eye-opener for me. My wife however simply said "You didn't know this would happen?" Was this some sort of common knowledge that I naively was unaware of all this time?

There is some truth in what the OP said of his experiences which I feel should be addressed maturely. It may not be ALL Jews but it seems that in some circles and I'm sure especially those in positions of power, have an exclusive circle that will exclude outsiders and ostracize "offenders".

- Lee

- Edit spelling

[edit on 17-1-2008 by lee anoma]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
It may not be ALL Jews but it seems that in some circles and I'm sure especially those in positions of power, have an exclusive circle that will exclude outsiders and ostracize "offenders".

this goes for most groups, not just jews. there's a network of "good old boys" in every town, every field, every community etc.

Did this lawyer mistreat you as a result of your not being jewish? can't say. I've met many lawyers who are abrasive, arrogant (insert whatever crude name best suits you). That's actually how I find many lawyers to be. Does that mean all lawyers are bad? No.

Is it possible Mr. Shapiro was offended by your rejection of his referral? Is it possible his friend gave him a different story than the one you gave? There's two sides to every story, then there's the truth. I'm not saying you are wrong. On the contrary, I'm saying that what you saw and how you interpreted is 100% right from your view but your view is skewed from your vantage point. The lawyer might be the way he is because that is how he is known, that is how he succeeds in his field. It might not be right and it might make him hard to deal with and, therefore, it might offend you but it might just be how he deals with everyone.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   

I had heard about the nepotism and stick-togetherness of the Jewish community from wanna-be movie makers to cleaning ladies but I never put much thought into it. I literally brushed it off as being antisemitic.

But you see, wanna-be movie-makers is inadvertently the right term here. Ive seen many who feel victimized and then look for some cause of their unsuccesfulness outside of themselves...and then generalize in saying "Its them jews fault why I aint succesful".

I don't mean simply not saying "hi", he walks by me as if I am not even there. I was confused, shocked and a bit hurt. He admits this guy is a jerk but never speaks to me again? Huh?

Have you considered that thats not due to his race but because he´s simply an idiot?

There is some truth in what the OP said of his experiences which I feel should be address maturely. It may not be ALL Jews but it seems that in some circles and I'm sure especially those in positions of power, have an exclusive circle that will exclude outsiders and ostracize "offenders".

Fair enough.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by never_tell
and freemasons support freemasons and whites support whites and asians support asians... nothing new here folks... move along

And women support suffragettes (or vice versa) :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
... 2880* views and 133* posts for such an OP...

...smells like an overrated thread...

* and for sure much more to come.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
Did this lawyer mistreat you as a result of your not being jewish? can't say.

Neither can I. I got the impression from Mr. Shapiro that this was the case or at the very least he does this quite often.

Is it possible Mr. Shapiro was offended by your rejection of his referral? Is it possible his friend gave him a different story than the one you gave?

I don't think he was offended by the rejection of his referral as he referred someone else right away. I never went to the woman in D.C. though since I decided I'd handle it myself and I'd already paid that ridiculous guy a few grand.

Mr. Shapiro agreed with me that the guy was a jerk. He mentioned that he has done similar things like this in the past to others. I was never a jerk to Mr. Shapiro or anyone he introduced me to. Shapiro still works with him and does not speak to me.

That is all that I know.

I will say too that I have had Jewish friends in the past that did acknowledge the same type of attitude that the OP mentioned existed. That in some areas of business if you are Jewish you're "made". The few Jewish women that I did date though and the families that I met didn't seem to be a part of any powerful circle (they were just very cool successful liberalsl) but like I said I don't think that EVERY Jew is in on some sort of conspiracy of world control. They do have a powerful network and that does extend into the media.

Hell as the Jerusalem Post mentioned in regards to the Vanity Fair article on the worlds 100 most powerful people, more than half of them are Jews. I don't know why people keep bringing up the Holocaust and thousand year old persecution when the Jews seem to be doing quite well. Lets not forget that most black/brown/red people have been brutally treated as well yet the mention of slavery is usually followed by a "get over it" response or reaction. Yet those people are NOT doing well by most accounts.

Feel free to call me antisemitic if you will folks but I am telling you what I have seen.

- Lee

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Have you considered that thats not due to his race but because he´s simply an idiot?

No, I don't think he is an idiot. Far from it.
Good enough?

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Feel free to call me antisemitic if you will folks but I am telling you what I have seen.

I wont call you anti-semitic because I think the word is a misnomer.

I wont call you anti-jewish either, because I dont know you.

I will note that you make a guest appearance in many threads like these though.

[edit on 17-1-2008 by Skyfloating]

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Are you somehow jewish Mr Skyflo ?

(Don't forget Elohim, The Master(s) of grammar and spelling, though : "notE" is not "not"...)

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rigel

Are you somehow jewish Mr Skyflo ?

Thats classified information. Way above top secret

The e as in e-lo-him is duly noted

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join