It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Home telescopes hooked up to video recorders??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I just saw something in the sky, not saying it was a ufo or anything like that, but know I can hardly see it. any way I tried to video record it but it was the same jerky/fuzzy crap weve all seen before with lots of distortion as I zoomed in! Does any one know of a telescope that has recording ability? ya ya huble and all that, I'm talking about something any of us could buy? So much of this blurry/fuzzy stuff out their that I think with something like this it could be usefull?? any one know of such a thing that a guy could get at like radio shack???

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
5.0 Mega Pixel LCD Digital Binocular Camera

Check out the above link. I saw this the other day and am thinking about purchase one myself.

It's a high powered binocular, cam and camcorder all in one combo.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Palasheea]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I wouldn't recommend a general telescope as the field of view would be limited. If you are filming a moving object it would be hard to follow. The Binoculars mentioned above have an 8x32 magnification and would be better suited as it has a relatively wide field of view. Good find

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just bought a camera/camcorder mount for my 4.5 inch Celestron reflector...

I'm hoping to get the thing hooked up for lunar observation with my GS-12 Panasonic DV camcorder. Once the temps get up above 60 degrees that is

It arrived last Saturday.. I was hoping to use it for some lunar eclipse observation but it was cloudy,.. dammit.

Of course if you're gonna use it for sub-orbital unknowns I'd outfit it with a very low power widefield eyepiece... Your best bet for earth-bound unknowns would be just using a camcorder sans the 'scope set to infinite focus and having a forground object for ranging. Digital zoom OFF. Antishake OFF. AND USE A TRIPOD!!! If you can, get familiar with any iris and shutter speed setting if available on your cam.

Techniques will vary WIDELY depending on if you're filming during the day VS night.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
5.0 Mega Pixel LCD Digital Binocular Camera

Check out the above link. I saw this the other day and am thinking about purchase one myself.

It's a high powered binocular, cam and camcorder all in one combo.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Palasheea]

Hey thanks, i have a binoc with rec ability,not sure of the specs but still the shaking, tonight i could not hold that damn camera still for anything the image just danced around everywhere, and I thought I was holding pretty still!! thats why im askin about a telescope with a tripod or something, but thanks for the info none the less

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:07 PM
link   
My Panasonic GS-12 has USB and firewire output, as well as analog. If you have a laptop with firewire input a setup like this would be great... you can capture continuous video straight to your laptop. Then analyze it later.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
While on the subject of telescoping images, I was wondering if there was any further insight on this particular case of a triangle caught on film using a telescope?

www.iwasabducted.com...

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:29 PM
link   
those are some good photos, ive never seen them, although i have seen the triangle photos before, nice pics

new topics

top topics

join