It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abundance or Scarcity, How do you view the world?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Want to leave the question pretty open.

Do you believe that we are held back by limited resources, or that we have everything we need to achieve anything we want? Or something in between? I mean this on a personal level and on a macro level.

For me, I can't figure out an answer I am happy with. Sometimes I think having an attitude of abundance is for the best, and sometimes I think no way, there is a limit to our resources and we have to be realistic.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Well if Malthusian theory hold correct we are probably entering a period of scarcity.

arts-sciences.cua.edu...

and on a personal note, living here in the USofA, I feel enormous abundance; I can't even imagine how our brothers in third world countries must feel.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   
...R. Buckminster Fuller said before he died, "We have the 'invisible' meant to feed everyone on the planet".

I think he meant by this, that if resources wer used wisely, and technology have we already have now were utilized mproperly, that their would be no need for hunger anywhere in the world. Likewise for energy resources...

Personally, I suspect that early in his adult life, fuller was recruited by "Thr
Hidden Hand", but later rejected them...That's what I think...

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmokatt7
...R. Buckminster Fuller said before he died, "We have the 'invisible' meant to feed everyone on the planet".

I think he meant by this, that if resources wer used wisely, and technology have we already have now were utilized mproperly, that their would be no need for hunger anywhere in the world. Likewise for energy resources...

Personally, I suspect that early in his adult life, fuller was recruited by "Thr
Hidden Hand", but later rejected them...That's what I think...

Amen to that, we have things in abundance here on Earth, but not at the rate we are going.

Clean and relativly free energy is a major threat to the corrupt who hold power over everyone as long as humankind do not have access to this new technology or information. These corrupt would not give up their power over humankind willing or if they had a choice.

We are in such big trouble that we don't even realise it, even if we did, we can't change it, not without identifing and arresting all the corrupt pulling the strings.

Looks like we will be used to the very last drop... nothing has changed.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
De Beers run virtually the market on diamonds.....sold and public relations would have you believe they are rare. Well they are not but it certainly keeps the price up.

top topics

join