It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Cobain: Murder or Suicide?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I, too, think that Kurt Cobain did not commit suuicide. I must say that I was convinced after I had read two books co-written by Max Wallace and Ian Halperin. The two books co-written by them are "Who Killed Kurt Cobain?" and "Love And Death". I would suggest that anyone wanting to understand Courtney Love's possible involvement in and motivations for having had Kurt Cobain killed read these two books. While I might not necessarily agree with everything that is in the books, they do, taken together put together a very plausible scenario for courtney Love being behind his death. And Courtney Love's behavior since then has certainly not taken away from what may be the truth of that.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Finally it is soooo wonderful and comforting to know that someone actually knows the truth. I know that Courtney didn't kill Kurt herself, but I know that #ing bitch had a lot to do with it. Kurt wasn't a suicidal man. He was a #in proud father and loving husband. He brought together possibley the greatest band sense the Beatles. And that's a # load of herion in ur system to be tryin to grab a shotgun of all guns. I couldn't imagine with that much in ur system he even knew a shotgun was there. Even if he had the gun in his hands, good luck shooting it. For one the damn thing would have flown across the room the second the trigger was pulled and with a couple of gun holes in the back of ur head good luck being alive. Besides a weapon of that size would infact need to be shot with ur toes and it's kinda hard to do that with boots on. Especially when ur dosed up to the eyeballs on herion. And why the # would he lock the door from the outside, then go back inside to kill himself? And there is no way in hell that he would splatter his brains all over the floor for his daughter to see. Considering he loved her more than he ever loved Courtney. Besides, not one of his friends or people that knew him closely said that he was in anyway suicidal. They all said he was actually a pretty upbeat dude. That doesn't sound like a suicidal person if you ask me. But I guess I'll end this before I bore you all. So thank you for having such a fantastic site helping to prove Kurts innocence. Please keep up the good work. I will most likey be visiting your site everyday for now on. Peace

Live Free and Live Long,
~Psycho Sid~

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The "suicide note" is the only thing anyone would need to show he didn't kill himself. The only part that sounds suicidal of that letter is the bottom portion that obviously wasn't even Kurt's handwriting. Everything else put together a story of him possibly quitting the music business for a while. People who knew him said he had spoken about leaving the business to take a break and that he was happy about the thought of it.

Courtney might not have pulled the trigger, but she put the whole thing together. Then pulled a very stupid move by hiring a private detective to investigate it. That backfired on her when the guy started putting all the pieces together and everything started pointing towards her.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Putting it together through drugs or manipulation has to be liable for charge in my opinion. Being married or in a relationship can be pretty crazy.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Umm go to cobaincase.com and also... it was said that kurt cobain was filing a divorce a little bit before he supposedly got suicide. Courtney Love is a money thiefing whoring drug bi***. Kurt Cobain quit drugs in early 1994. He said in a interview. Courtney wanted him to keep on doing it. Also people go to Nirvana-aneurysm on youtube its one of the best songs ever

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I also think Kurt was murderd , Maybe not by Love but murderd none the less

Lets look at other big musical figures that have died under suspicious circumstances

Jim Morrison

In Wonderland Avenue, Danny Sugerman discussed his encounter with Courson after she returned to the United States. According to Sugerman's account, Courson stated that Morrison had died of a heroin overdose, inhaling the substance because he thought it was coc aine. Sugerman added that Courson had given numerous contradictory versions of Morrison's death, at times saying that she had killed Jim, or that his death was her fault. Courson's story of Morrison's unintentional ingestion of coc aine, followed by accidental overdose, is supported by the confession of Alain Ronay, who has written that Morrison died of a hemorrhage after snorting Courson's heroin, and that Courson nodded off, leaving Morrison bleeding to death instead of phoning for medical help.[19]

Morrison died on July 3, 1971, at age 27. In the official account of his death, he was found in a Paris apartment bathtub by Courson. Pursuant to French law, no autopsy was performed because the medical examiner claimed to have found no evidence of foul play. The absence of an official autopsy has left many questions regarding Morrison's cause of death.

Jimi Hendrix

Dannemann claimed in her original testimony that Hendrix the evening before, unknown to her, had taken nine of her prescribed Vesperax sleeping pills. According to the doctor who initially attended to him, Hendrix had asphyxiated (literally drowned) in his own vomit, mainly red wine.[96] For years, Dannemann publicly claimed that Hendrix was alive when placed in the back of the ambulance. However, her comments about that morning were often contradictory, varying from interview to interview.[97] Police and ambulance statements reveal that there was no one but Hendrix in the flat, and not only was he dead when they arrived on the scene, but had been dead for some time.[98]

Tupac

Six years later, the killing of the world's most famous rap star remains officially unsolved. Las Vegas police have never made an arrest. Speculation and wild theories continue to flourish in the music media and among Shakur's followers. One is that Knight, owner of Shakur's record label, arranged the killing so he could exploit the rapper's martyrdom commercially. Another persistent legend is that Shakur faked his own death to escape the pressures of stardom.

Take what you will from this
But it all looks like somone or somthing killed these brillant people because they got to political

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Kurt Cobain was a great artist and a sensitive soul

I agree he was murdered; There are lots of evidences about that and some key ppl were silenced.

He became a pain in the *** to some power..therefore it had to be taken out.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Kurt was indeed on drugs. And the fact is, that "can" drive someone to do things they normally wouldn't do. But evidence state that on the amount of Heroin he was under the influence of, he couldn't have barely walked straight, much less point a gun at him self and fire it. Especially one of that caliber.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I won't say what i believe happened in this whole situation but I was a huge fan of Nirvana and still am. I think Courtney has proven she is untalented and a bad parent (her daughter was emancipated and had a restraining order in effect.) I will say I believe that every song on Live through this by Hole were written by Kurt, none of the other music sounds the same. On a lighter note, I recently managed to get original pressings of all the albums on vinyl - original or earliest pressing still available unopened anyway. But what made me admire Kurt was a quote I read in one of the guitar magazines of the day - on the subject of rape (because of the rape me song having a little controversy around it) Anyway, here is the quote:

“Rape is one of the most terrible crimes on earth and it happens every few minutes. The problem with groups who deal with rape is that they try to educate women about how to defend themselves. What really needs to be done is teaching men not to rape. Go to the source and start there.”

I believe that Kurt could have been much more than a "junkie rock star" had he lived longer. He was a feminist, and was honored as such by having strong female leads front Nirvana at the Hall of Fame induction.

But then again, supposedly, "it's better to burn out than to fade away." I will keep my beliefs on the subject of murder/suicide to myself but I believe there is evidence, flimsy sometimes, for both sides of the story. Who benefited from his death? What effect do opiates and withdrawal have on the brain? The extra lines on the note? All of the questions asked will remain unanswered. The police have decided and it will likely never be changed.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Iknowwhatyoudidlastnight

In my experience, long term users can have a very high amount in their blood and still seem sober. It depends on the size of the habit.

Experience: Brief time as a counselor for a methadone clinic and seeing the drug test results with levels high enough to kill five people if taken by someone who never used.

posted on Sep, 23 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Blinkydoo
Yes the addict has or can have a very high tolerance, we do hear of the odd methadone death due to a non user doing a seemingly small amount to a regular user.
As far as poor Kurt goes..I really don't know but its pretty clear Courtney was not a very high quality wife/person and certianly had something to gain by his death.
I wonder what he would be doing today.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is really stupid. Kurt is dead, get over it. Nirvana wasn't even that good, maybe it helped keep the music industry afloat with him dying. He killed himself there's no doubt about it. He was a pussy, decided on the easy way out, and that serves him right. You fan girls need to get over it now.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimadoctor

Well then, my dear friend, do you have any facts to back up this idea of yours? See the fact is that, Courtney has so much mystery surrounding her overall. She hired a hit man by the name El Duce to kill Kurt, this was confirmed By El Duce himself before he was offed by someone, which seems very suspicious in itself. I believe you need to read the book written by the Private Investigator that Courtney hired to find Kurt. Its called "Who killed Kurt?" Look it up. Given the title is straight forward with the idea that he was murdered you may have biased against it, but there is a lot of evidence to show why this case should be reopened, much less solved. Don't be ignorant to the fact that people are murdered everyday... people are very greedy, especially people like that bitch Courtney.

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: trustmeimadoctor

To you and others who think Kurt's death made Nirvana huge.

When Nevermind hit... the whole industry was in awe.

Nirvana was Gitteau to hair rock's Garfield.

Smells Like Teen Spirit changed everything. Changed my life.

Unplugged may be the most popular now...

But prior to his death, Nevermind was untouchable!

NO ONE even came close.

Nirvana was worshipped by musicians of all ages EVERYWHERE!

Come As You Are was the first song MANY of us learned on guitar. It was the 90' Smoke On The Water to teen guitarists.

We still rock out to Bleach even all these years later...

Because it is KILLER!

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I didn't read the entire thread, just the OP and a few others, so if this has been covered already, my apologies.

First to the OP, Love wasn't there, she was in L.A., and to the other poster, the El Duce thing has proven to be a hoax, but it got a lot of people, including Tom Grant, the P.I. who has been on this case since the beginning. Also, the door was locked from the inside, but I believe it was possible to lock it from the outside as well.

Anyway, when I was a kid I was all about that it was 100% murder, but now that has changed and I think there are just questions, but overall I'd still lean to murder, or that someone was there with him, and the following are my reasons for that.

These are all facts you can check for yourself.

First, and probably the most important to me, is that he had enough heroin in his system to kill a non-addict three times over, and no matter what his tolerance was, he would have been completely incapacitated within 30 seconds and would have slipped into a heroin coma and died of an OD anyway. That's not even how long it could have actually taken, that's just the MAX amount of time he had to do it, and if memory serves, his drug kit was in a cigar box near his body, so that means he would have had to shoot up, put everything up, and then kill himself within 30 seconds. It's possible, but not really plausible.

His suicide note is said to only contain one line at the end after the original message had been written that even looks like suicide and most handwriting analysts claim it was written by someone else, and if you take that line out, it sounds like a retirement letter, and he had apparently been telling his friends he was going to quit. Now, plenty of suicide notes talk about things that don't sound like suicide, so my focus in this is on the handwriting itself.

There is a lot more I could get into, but whenever I get into this topic I end up typing all night, so I'll just direct you to this link. It's the P.I.'s website about the case and you can get all the information there. Murder or suicide, it's still a great read.

www.cobaincase.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
He was just an in trend front man Kurt was, the real hero of that band was Dave Grohl, he speaks for himself, multi-talented and a great mind for business. Kurts sung words (which he didn't write) out weigh his voice, by far. But early nineties in Australia really accepted the whole grunge thing. Eddie Veder smashed it here in comparison.

Courtney Loves' (her HOLE), played the part, in which I reckon most males have, is a girlfriend who was fun, thrilled you, changed you, was hot, possibly great in bed, a real connection........ but freakin BAD FOR YOU. Some of you know what I mean. JM2c

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Gooey

Kurt was one of the all time greats, his music touched something in lot of peoples souls.
But,
A few glaring ommissions on your part.
Firstly, he was a heroine addict who had skipped out of rehab and bought the shotgun mere hours/days (cant remember exactly, was a while ago hey) before his death.
Yes, he was in love with Courtney and had a gorgeous child, that doesnt mean everything was roses.
He was becoming more and more fed up with the fame and the pressure that it put on him, dont forget he nearly had his kid taken from him due to the drug problems of him and courtney and was even thinking of quiting the industry.
If it was murder it was the record company who would get my vote. Alot of money has been made from his death, alot more than if he had quit.

However, IMHO, it was a tragic suicide by a brilliant yet troubled human being.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join