It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kurt Cobain: Murder or Suicide?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Kurt Cobain, one of rock's greatest legends, allegedly commited suicide. But I have a different theory. I think that his wife, Courtney Love killed him out of cold blood. People call me crazy for believing this, but I'm going to go over why Kurt didn't kill himself and this was the doing of Courtney.

Why Kurt Cobain didn't commit suicide.

His life Part 1:

Kurt Cobain lived a trouble life as a young boy. He had emotional issues and troubles through the majority of his teenage life. He was shuffled between houses and jobs as a kid, and often told of how he would sleep/hangout under a local bridge.

What can be drawn from this:

- He had emotional problems
- He felt lonely
- He was miserable
- He never had a true home
- He never had money

His life Part 2:

As Kurt matured into his later years, he formed Nirvana. A few of his songs hit #1 in the first few weeks they came out, which is amazing by any standard. He eventually became married to Courtney Love, and had a daughter. He mentioned that he had never been so happy in his life, he said he loved his daughter, loved Courtney, and found peace within himself. And to top it all off, he had made a great amount of money, and had a large reputation as the new bad-ass on rock's street.

What can be drawn from this:

- He had loads of cash
- He was happily married (or so he said)
- He had a daughter who he loved
- He had a successful band
- He had found peace within himself

Key Factors:

Apparantly, Kurt had overdosed on drugs and alcohol. But only
after his death, did Courtney say this was 'his first suicide attempt'.

The Comparison of evidence: Why would he have done it?

Kurt had sever emotional issues, mostly in his younger years, and partially through his older years. But what would drive him to kill himself? Perhaps he was miserable and spent most of his life regretting past choices, and just wanted to end it all. But almost every star who has ever hurt themselves or killed themselves, had a prevailing reason for doing so. Kurt had come to terms with his past trespasses.

Kurt was good looking, successful, happily married, had a daughter, rich, and most of all...Loved by rock fans everywhere. Why would he end his life this way? He wouldn't.

Courtney Love was not at all favorable at the time of Nirvana's success. In fact, many of Kurt's fans hated her guts. This is what drove her. Kurt was loved by millions, and by being married to him and being hated for it, she was being made to look bad.

Summmary of evidence:

So, Kurt had emotional issues, but was a very intelligent, sensitive, successful man. He had come to terms with his past, there was no reason for suicide.

Courtney felt anger towards Kurt, feeling as if he was sapping away her reputation.

What facts kept Kurt from doing it

Lets say that through all of those facts, Kurt still felt the need to kill himself? Lets disregard all of the evidence that he WOULDN'T kill himself. There is still one major part of this which surpasses this, and proves, without a DOUBT that this was murder and not suicide. The physical evidence.

When Kurt Cobain was found dead on April 8th 1994, he had allegedly killed himself by blowing his own brains out with a shotgun.

When kurt was found holding the shotgun, an odd fact was noticed. The shotgun was far too large for him to reach his hand to the trigger. So he used his feet? But he had his sneakers on, tightly tied. So he used a string or rope? None was found, not attached and not anywhere on the floor or surrounding area.

The door of the place Kurt had been found, was locked. But not from the inside, from the outside. Why would he lock the door from the outside, then shut himself in? He wouldn't.

Who reported his death? Courtney Love. She was there the whole time, and she reported the incident right after it had happened.

This was not suicide. It was cold hearted murder.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Hi Gooey,

I really liked your post, this is one of the conspiracies that made me think deeper about all possible conspiracies back in the day when music was all that mattered and political things didn't seem to be of consequence (pre 9-11 and during middle school). There is more information and analysis out there about this situation, but excuse me for not posting it as I'm sure a lot of people have read about and dismissed it for whatever reason. I'm just replying because nobody else has yet.

Kurt had a very public heroin problem, and at the time he was trying to detox. I've had my problems with opiates but not to that extent, and I figure most people assume that the withdrawals and whatnot were more for him to handle. Also he supposedly had an earlier suicide attempt in Rome that (reportedly) only Courtney was aware of, and she dismissed it to some extent and supposedly regretted that later. If you've seen the doc "Kurt and Courtney" it goes into a lot of the allegations, although it proves nothing conclusive. Heroin must be a heck of a habit to quit and I guess it's reasonable for people to think that he couldn't handle it and thought his baby (Frances Bean) would be better off without him, despite his very public adoration for her.

Before he died it is alledged (sp?) that he was ready for a divorce, and their is much information that hints at that (forgive me for not providing a link). Also there were rumors of him disbanding the band and label owners disagreed with his refusal to do Lollapalooza at that time, so there are very large financial factors at work here. Nirvana was huge before this but the suicide seemed to make people take him much more seriously (even to the point of idolizing him for whatever personal reasons). This is one of those conspiracies (or possible like all conspiracies) that is very hard to provide conclusive proof on. Nevertheless, I'm glad you posted something and hope that other people might continue on it or something. For the record, I'm a huge Nirvana fan and don't discount Cobain's suicide purely on my fanaticism, there was something going on here that's more than was reported. Regardless, RIP Kurt and thank you for posting about this Gooey.

Kwyjibo

(edited for bad spelling and whatnot)

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Kwyjibo]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Thank you as well. Unfortunately my post had to be brief (dumb 4000 character limit x.x) so I couldn't include all of the facts that I really wanted.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I believe that his wife killed him. I can't point to anything definitive to say this ... it's just my gut feeling that I get when looking at the whole picture.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Yes, thats what I believe as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I believe courtney love killed him as well. El duce (singer of the Mentors) claimed that Courtney offered him money if he killed Kurt. He's not exactly a reliable source, but who knows. Sadly, he was hit by a train and killed, so we'll never hear more of his story.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I don't think Courtney Love killed him, but I think she knows who killed him. I think her extreme guilt over the whole thing has led her to become a junkie. She's carrying around a lot of guilt.

The fact that it was covered up leads me to believe there's some kind of conspiracy behind it.

Peace

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Notice: There hasen't been a single post so far defending her. If somone doesn't think she actually did it, she at least had connections behind it. Just shows how everything can be traced back to her in some way or another.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Since no one else is doing it, allow me to play devil's advocate for a moment. From what I've seen of her publicly, Courtney Love seems like a moron. Is she really capable of this?

But regardless of her mental abilities, or lack thereof, why would the police cover this up and help Courtney Love? They have nothing to gain by it other than a possible bribe from Courtney. But I doubt she could have bribed an entire room full of police, EMT's and anyone else who was there without at least some of them refusing.

I really don't know much about the whole situation, so I can't really provide any evidence that counters your theory. What I can say, from personal experience, is things aren't always as they seem. While Kurt Cobain may have appeared happy and at peace on the outside, he could have been filled with demons and depression on the inside. Some people are great at keeping secrets and keeping things to themselves from even their closest friends and family. No one can say for sure how he truly felt on the inside or what kind of mental problems he had.

It seems that there are always conspiracies surrounding the deaths of great people who die much too soon. I think that a lot of the time we just are in disbelief that someone we consider to be so great could really have died in such a simple, easily-explained manner.

That being said, I am not at all saying that I believe it was a suicide. I'm not saying I believe it was a murder, either. I will say that I need to read more into the subject before forming an opinion. I also think there are a lot of unanswered questions and that maybe a new investigation is in order.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Hi Gooey, I never believed Kurt killed himself, but the number of rock stars that have died before their time is quite astounding. I often wonder is it if or when they become political they get killed off.

Obviously they become very influencial figures to young impressionable minds. Lennon was killed by the system, Jacko was not but they put him up as a pedo and ruined his career.

Good thread.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Have you seen this website, put together by Tom Grant, a former detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department
www.cobaincase.com...

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I too believe Kurt did not commit suicide. I think Courtney is an evil, lying, slut, freak of nature. I was very bothered by his death. He was, and still is to this day, a very big influence on the music industry and his legions of fans. If Courtney had anything to do with his demise, she will pay for it one way or another. Karma has a long memory!

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yes, I feel the same way. I must say that I idolize Kurt because he was a selfless person and somone who didn't give in to all of the crap that most holly wood stars are subject to. So what if he was a heroin addict? He was still a brilliant man and loving father. He never once bragged about any of his accomplishments, because he didn't need to. We knew he was a great man and thats all that mattered.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You know, what happened to Kurt is something our generation can look to the same way the generations before us though of when Lennon was shot, which in itself is another story, whether Mark was a patsy as Oswald was said to be or just another loony looking for attention.

I believe Kurt said it best, and I'm sure you can quote me on this. He said, "The Last thing I ever wanted to be was famous." Where as he had loads of cash, as the old saying goes, money can not buy happiness. It can bring trouble though. The more money the more drugs you can test yourself with, the more alcohol you can party with, the more money the easier it is to pay those pesky fines for possession of coke or something of the sort. The sad thing is, he was a musician, but he turned into a idol, a voice of a generation. And with that came pressure.

Courtney is indeed a wild woman, the gunshot wound was questionable and his motives for suicide are either clear or foggy in someones eyes. To me the man was a talented and successful but with that comes a high price

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by magicmushroom
Hi Gooey, I never believed Kurt killed himself, but the number of rock stars that have died before their time is quite astounding. I often wonder is it if or when they become political they get killed off.

Obviously they become very influencial figures to young impressionable minds. Lennon was killed by the system, Jacko was not but they put him up as a pedo and ruined his career.

Good thread.

Stop the presses!!! Are you really alleging that Michael Jackson was framed and ISN'T a pedophile? That's a bunch of "doo-doo feces" if you ask me! Just take a look at the hidden "play room" he had in his bedroom. Or the camera and alarm he had set up for when anyone was coming down the hall towards his bedroom. Not to mention all of the testimony from those who were on the other end of his advances. Even his own sister believes he is into young boys. She only changed her mind when she needed financial security.

God, I can't believe I even wasted 2 minutes of my life trying to convince someone that Jacko is a pedo!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Lol I agree. If you think old Wacko Jack is in the norm, your an idiot X)

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Do most people over look the fact, that with that much heroin in him, could he even of fired the gun? I don't think it's possible with that much of a drug in him, much less even fire the gun as it is very large. This info I found on www.drugwarfacts.org... should help validate that he could not have fired the gun.

4. "The short-term effects of heroin abuse appear soon after a single
dose and disappear in a few hours. After an injection of heroin, the
user reports feeling a surge of euphoria ('rush') accompanied by a warm
flushing of the skin, a dry mouth, and heavy extremities. Following
this initial euphoria, the user goes 'on the nod,' an alternately
wakeful and drowsy state. Mental functioning becomes clouded due to the
depression of the central nervous system...Source: National Institute on Drug Abuse, InfoFacts: Heroin (Rockville,
MD: US Department of Health and Human Services), from the web at
www.nida.nih.gov... last accessed January 9,

posted on Mar, 11 2007 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Why the empahsis on Courtney?

When Hendrix, Janis Jopin and Jim Morrison died within years of each other, there was an entire conspiracy that the CIA had them killed for being too influental on the masses.

Was Kurt not a major spokesman for an entire generation of disaffected teenagers?

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
guys lets not forget the curse of 27 started by the real deal of conspiracies and epic mythical legends robert johnson. (im kinda a fan

en.wikipedia.org...

not that i really honestly think that the curse was the ultimate reason for the death i thought someone should atleast put this up here.

posted on Mar, 12 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
MURDER!MURDER!MURDER!
I have a whole database on Kurt Cobaim, on my other PC, including death cert. and layout of the crime scene. When I get my computer back I'll post it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join