It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

white face in the window

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Ok, I am going out on a limb here....so please be kind. I have been coming here for a few years; been a member for a couple. This is only my second post.

..........when I was very young I was supposed to be in bed while my parents hosted a holiday party. I don't recall having any particular fear of things in the night, darkness, being alone - until that night. The way my bedroom was situated you could look directly through my door and through the window in a bedroom across the hallway. Something woke me up and I "saw" an eerie white head/face staring at me through the window. I remember being terrified and thinking I heard some kind of scratching noise.....I fled to the staircase where I sat in hiding an ear's shot from the party. At some point my mother discovered me and brought me down to the party. I never told her.

I have pretty much dismissed this as typical childhood imagination. But for some reason I have complete unreasonable fear come over me everytime I look out that window; I am 39. Sometimes I can't even bring myself to look. The reason I am posting this at all is this......

I have taken GREAT pains to keep my son (now 13) away from all of the UFO hype. It has terrified me most of my life and I didn't want that for him. So he has not been fed anything - my husband believes it borders on evil so things of this nature are never discussed in my home. When my son was about 2 he would tell me about clowns in the window - the first time I heard it it gave me chills. He would tell me in detail about them and he still remembers thinking he saw them - even trying to get in. We are very strict about TV in our house. Don't watch horror stuff....I didn't even allow my son to watch Power Rangers until past the age when most kids were watching them. .......Recently, one of my step-sons (he is 25) was joking around at our dinner table (I have never spoken of this to anyone) and started talking about a white face/head that stares at him in the night.....and he mentioned a scratching sound! He did it all in jest......and I don't believe ever purported it to be true. But these silimarities are REALLY freaking me out. Just wondered if anyone else had any light to shed here. Sorry this was so long.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
It sounds like this event is a reoccuring one. So i suggest you get yourself a tripod and a camera and stake out the window. Or just set up a camera with a time lapse function and see what you get.

If this face appears at certain times of night or certain days of the month or year, im sure you could figure out the pattern and set your trap then.

Is this window on the first or second floor?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Actually, this isn't recurring at all. Like I said, I am 39 and I only experienced this once when I was a kid (that i can remember anyway). With my son, the stories stopped probably within a year (when he was maybe b/w 2-4 yrs old) and my step son, like I said, talks about this in jest and everyone just laughs it off. I have never spoken up and said "Hey, the same thing happened to me when I was about 4......" It was the similarities that struck me and made me think maybe this is a rather common phenomenon.......As a child all bedrooms were on the second floor......when my son experienced this we were living in an apt. that occupied the 2 and 3 floors.......my step son lives in a carriage home and his bedroom is on the second floor as well.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Could the siting of this 'white faced' creature possibly be related to the phenomena of ghosts? While you did give accurate descriptions of your fears, and what transpired - you didn't give a good description of what this 'entity' looked like.
While I understand that perhaps you might not have gotten a good look at it, could you must be as accurate as possible so that we can help you to the best of our knowledge.
The most common creatures allegedly seen that are 'alien' to this planet are called 'Greys'. Did this creature exhibit the same characteristics as a grey (big almond shaped black eyes - pale grey skin with a large bulbous head and skinny neck)?
Or was it a human looking face staring at you?
or perhaps neither?
Please be more specific.

Thanks,
kroms33

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
It's really hard to recall the memory with total assurance that I am not transcribing knowledge that I have now to the experience then. In my child's mind.......I seem to remember thinking of it as looking like an old man......but without question the color was sort of gray........I remember a chilling rather sinister smile.........perhaps that was the slit like mouth?

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by glad_to_be_His
It's really hard to recall the memory with total assurance that I am not transcribing knowledge that I have now to the experience then. In my child's mind.......I seem to remember thinking of it as looking like an old man......but without question the color was sort of gray........I remember a chilling rather sinister smile.........perhaps that was the slit like mouth?

It seems there could be many possibilities involved in determining exactly what you saw. Perhaps it was a ghost - perhaps not. Many ghostly phenomena are attributed to being 'grayish' in nature, whether the creature you saw was translucent or solid - things of that nature help.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I recall something looking into my window too but this was clearly not a gray and it had glowing yellow eyes and I wasn't alone either. I believe what you and your family have seen is real and not something to kid around with especially if your saying it makes scratching sounds like it is trying to come inside and it keeps happening. If it is a gray alien I don't think so because they hardly ever venture out alone and if they want to get inside, they will..

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Amazon Lights]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Thanks so much for your thoughts and suggestions. I am doing the best I can to represent this as accurately as possible........I feel like the more I dig, the less accurate I may be. I think it was solid, can't be sure....but I KNOW that I heard the scratching sound accompanying this experience. I don't know why the scratching thing seems important to me. Something imprinted on me that I carry with me to this day. Quite frankly, I wish I could just forget it. Just rehashing it now has caused one sleepless night so far...........

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
....I feel like I need to make perfectly clear that none of this was experienced as a family.....it happened to me when I was about 4.......my son at nearly the same age - nothing was ever discussed b/w us regarding this issue. I never shared this with my husband. I still have never told this to my son. My step son came into my life when I was 25....and again, nothing of this nature has ever been discussed. That's what I find remarkable. Three distincly different experiences with no suggestions of one to the other with such striking similarity. Weird.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:16 PM
link   
You don't often see owls, and they can look pretty spooky when you do, especially in diminished light. A young child could easily mistake it for something else.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 01:24 PM
link   
What are the chances an owl is going to scratch at a window numerous times over many years!? They are very smart birds and you never see them at night really you'll just hear the occasional "hoohoohoo"

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:13 PM
link   
While I don't recall ever seeing any faces in the window as a child, your tale did remind me about an episode I had one night when I was about 14 years old. I just went to bed and was laying there (it always takes me like 30 minutes to fall asleep, unlike my wife
) Anyway I heard plain as day something run across the roof. This was the real deal. I was NOT asleep and this thing sounded bipedal, but small and quick... I think that's what added the extra creepy factor to it. We had absolutely NO trees anywhere nearby, and the house was a Bi-level typical 80's home in semi-rural Pennsylvania USA. The only way to get on the roof would've been a long ladder. it was definately not the scurrying of a mouse, squirrel, etc.

sounds like you got about as freaked as I did! I just stayed in bed though stiff as a board waiting to hear something else. Never did, and I just fell asleep. I so wish I had the balls to go see what it was!!!

Freaky story of yours though....

[edit on 8-3-2007 by Stale Cracker]

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights
What are the chances an owl is going to scratch at a window numerous times over many years!? They are very smart birds and you never see them at night really you'll just hear the occasional "hoohoohoo"

The scratching noise could be a branch on the window. Childhood memories are very unreliable. How many noises, what kind and in what sequence could easily be falsely recalled.

Owls make their hooting noises for a reason, and usually to establish territory. When they're out hunting, they're completely silent so as not to alert their prey.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 06:46 PM
link   
You shouldn't do that to your kids, believe me one day it will mess them up. I think u should seriously be more open to your kids...u cant always live in fear you have to conquer this, let your kids watch horror movies, introduce them to this site, although it may fill there mind with aliens, and ufos it will only help them in the long run...what you experienced seems to be something of the unkown...the more we can understand the unkown the less we will be afraid of it, that way just try to find the history of the house, maybe someone died...ask other ppl if they have seen this...DO NOT FORGET ABOUT IT< IT could be something important..

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:15 PM
link   
My sister and her husband had a few odd things happen to them when they were staying (for a brief period) in my mums house just after they got married...
on a fairly regular basis when ever they turned the lights out there would be a small girl standing at the end of their bed and the room was dark but not dark enough that you could not still see fairly well and they both could see it.
And when they would turn the light on she would be gone.
And as soon as they turned it off... she would be there....

This was the case on quite a few nights....
They just got used to it......
And now its just one of there spooky stories they tell when these topics come up.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amazon Lights
I recall something looking into my window too but this was clearly not a gray and it had glowing yellow eyes and I wasn't alone either. I believe what you and your family have seen is real and not something to kid around with especially if your saying it makes scratching sounds like it is trying to come inside and it keeps happening. If it is a gray alien I don't think so because they hardly ever venture out alone and if they want to get inside, they will..

[edit on 3/8/2007 by Amazon Lights]
umm she never said it was a grey alien. she said the color grey. and what are you talking about they hardly ever venture out alone i really would like to know how you know this. and how you know there is grey aliens to begin with

anyway glad_to_be_his your post gave me chills while reading it lol probably because im alone and its getting late haha but i have a recurring dream that im being attacked by some dark figure. the dream takes place in my room and it feels like im awake its pretty scary in fact it scares me so much i lose alot of sleep over it. i have even seen this figure being awake i dont know what it is it scares the hell out of me anyway just thought id tell you so you know your not alone even tho its not a white face. but its something i think its all in my head but who knows

[edit on 8-3-2007 by xHADEEZx]

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 07:29 PM
link   
We have racoons in our backyard and some can get big (heavy). well they can easily climb a ladder and i frequently hear them on my roof. ive checked it out before too and that was the only thing up there. try not to worry too much if you hear it again. hopefully it wont kill you to check it out

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Well I'm going to back you on this story a bit. I was about 4-7 years old when I used to have this fear of seeing a white skull/face showing up near our large window on our first floor. I have no idea why I had this fear. For me the thing was it was more like a "headhunter's skull", than "alien". But the odd thing would be that the face would had to be 4ft tall to see into our window. I have absolutely no alien abduction story or UFO story, so I'm not trying to push that as an answer. I also didn't get a "ghost" feeling either.

I grew up on a farm (not a cow and chicken one), and we had those white faced barn owls living nearby...as freaky as their screaching was, I was never afraid of them (they're quite beautiful birds), nor did they match the image that I felt was in the window. Plus those owls were extremely anti-social and weren't big on getting near humans, so I doubt one would come scratching on a window to hang out. As I grew up I no longer had the fear, and actually one time saw a flashlight shine into our house one night when I was alone. I was a little scared but I was about 15 and I grabbed my dogs and a gun and searched around looking for whoever it was. Must of worked since no one ever broke into our house.

Again, I have to say I never "saw" this face. I just had an intense fear of it being there...and only at that window. No other place in the house did I worry about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:36 AM
link   
don't shelter your kids like that. it will come as more of a shock later on. one day, whatever youre hiding from them, theyre going to eventually come into contact with it and its better they get accustomed to things now. heck, maybe what youre keeping from them now could only hamper their progress in what could have otherwise been a very successful field for them. it also limits their imagination. and trust me, whatever you worry about your kids becoming, theres a good chance theyll become just that... just focus on what you want for them, NOT what you dont want. i hate to be straight up like this but it had to be said.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Thanks Everyone for your indulgence to this post. First off, I would like to say no apologies needed for those who felt the need to comment on sheltering children. I agree that you can't keep your children wrapped in tissue paper and expect them to succeed in life. Best bet is to be open with them and let them know they can come to you with anything that comes along..........but that's another thread.

The reason I made the point that it was never discussed with my son was to make clear that he wasn't seeing anything that had been suggested by previous discussions, what he may have seen on TV...etc. While I don't shelter him I do make the descision on when to introduce whatever subject matter is at hand.....I didn't feel a 4 year old needed to be discussing aliens etc.....heck most adults and scientists don't know what to make of it either so why confuse him. I said I kept him away from the hype - not the subject. We talk about it matter-of-factly today like many other topics we discuss. He actually is fascinated by the whole UFO thing today and always wants to watch stuff on TV when he sees it - and we do -and he teases me all the time because he knows how much it freaks me out. Doesn't bother him in the least though. I don't communicate my fear to him on deeper levels because then he would follow suit and I don't want that. I simply display an "ewwww, that is creepy" kind of fear. His interest today is his and his alone, not something he is following suit with because mom was always obsessed with it. I want him to draw his own conclusions. Also, I don't think I ever said I thought the face was an alien, just that I saw it and don't know what it was. .....as far as the horror movies, ditto. A four year old doesn't need to see them. I love scary movies, don't like the evil-for-evil's sake stuff and it doesn't enter our home. Give me hitchcock or a true thriller and some popcorn and I am there everytime. ...the gratuitous sex in most of those gory flicks is, I feel, also inappropriate, especially for kids. Since I believe hypocracy is wrong, if my son can't watch it I shouldn't be watching it either.

The face was definitely not an owl. I have no fear of owls and if anything am actually drawn to them and can't figure out why so many are afraid of them. I think they are amazing animals. I would stand in the dead of midnight at Stonghedge and talk to an owl. No problem there. Hate going outside at night near the house I grew up in though.

I can't explain why but I just really don't think it was a ghost. I still have the sense that it was something of this dimension. Just my feeling. Although I didn't want to lead anyone into thinking I felt this was an alien, it seems that is where this is going so I guess I will mention that UFO activity is commonly talked about (as having had occurred) in the area where I grew up as a kid. ....no, I don't think I ever saw a UFO.

......and the scratching noise didn't alarm me that it was something trying to get in....it was more like a swishy scratchy sound....like it was made with a brush or something similar. I didn't have the sense that the scratch actually came from the thing in the window. Thanks again all for your thoughts.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join