It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most elite special forces?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I believe all Spec Ops units have all-around training for all situations. But I agree COMPLETELY with Blue Raja. He has the most logical answer here; that no single Spec Ops team is the "best". Rather different Spec Ops units have different skill sets for different situations.

Examples:
Marine Force Recon = Excels in maritime/riverine environments
Dutch BBE = Equivalent of the Marine Force Recon for the Netherlands

These units will perform excellently in maritime based scenarios and will do well in desert warfare; but not on par with units DESIGNED for desert warfare (i.e. old school Rhodesian '32' Battalion or Afghan Mujahedeen). You get the point.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by btyoung21]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Amazon Lights

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I have heard of a group called "OMNI" and that these people are real good. I dont have much info other than they train like all other except that they are trained as doctors. This allows them to kill almost at will. In essence, hire assassins. Thats all i know of them.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Wavy Gravy and the Hells Angels.....

Just kidding, could not resist.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ive heard theres an Elite group inside the SAS called 'The Increment'

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   

hi. i think the most elite special forces in existance are those whose intentions, ethics, and morals are aligned with the following doctrine:

integrity first = compliance with the facts
service before self = a perspective opposite of self preservation

posted on Apr, 24 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
2nd force charlie reconnaissance warfare i would say is the most elite..who wouldnt want to be going 25 miles or so past enemy lines taking photos and sending intel back to base.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
russian spetsnaz supposed to be tougher than us, arms better and training, they get roughed up and hardened through pain and injury in TRAINING, do that to us soldiers and they be crying to a lawyer,lol

[edit on 14-7-2010 by thegreatestone]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thegreatestone
russian spetsnaz supposed to be tougher than us, arms better and training, they get roughed up and hardened through pain and injury in TRAINING, do that to us soldiers and they be crying to a lawyer,lol

Right. You're lack of knowledge about US Special Operations Forces, and US Forces in general, is showing. Might want to step back in your lane; you're skylining yourself.

Pain and injury in training doesn't "harden up" troops. It just makes them injured. A waste of time and money.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
trawled through the thread, my eyes now hurt, and im not sure if anyone mentioned the SBS??

SBS - Special boat service, british and more hardcore than the SAS.

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

#1 Rangers
#2 Seals
#3 Marines
#4 Delta force
and then you got men in black sun glasses and suits with nothing but an "i can do anything and you can't stop me" badge.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitalOverdose
Ive heard theres an Elite group inside the SAS called 'The Increment'

They don't exist. The group was given that was given this title were guys that left the SAS for a short period of time to cover medium-long term black taskings in areas such as Oman during the 1960's, 70's and 80's. The reason for their leaving was so that there was accountable trace of UK government involvement and the men could be classed as mercenary's.

Since then the 'new' Increment was given to men who were tasked with assisting MI6 but there is now a dedicated compliment of ex-UKSF that work within the SIS to cover the role.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by apexvin

SBS - Special boat service, british and more hardcore than the SAS.

Peace

If they were more hardcore than the SAS, they would have been labeled an embarrassment in the western desert during the last Gulf War. Many excuses were given for their actions, but the reality is that they were a fight column that were caught with their pants down and consequently got rolled up by a motley crew of Iraqi's in pick-up trucks and 12.7's on the back. No belt kit, no weapon at arms reach (other then a pistol) and no sentry cover apart from a single guy that didn't notify the rest of the on coming attack. Not good skills. As a consequence the CO and RSM were sacked and men from 22 SAS (and also 21 & 23 (V) SAS) were sent to Poole to implement a shake down on their training standards.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Gotta agree with the poster saying the marine SF units are the new hot units on the block. The Force Recon guys are right up there with the Rangers if not better. I'm biased too. I have friends in 1st recon. But to give credit the fastest tree climber i ever done saw was my friends dad. he was ex Army Rangers. Took him 3 seconds to climb a good 12 feet up like a cougar hopping in a tree

I too think that Demo Dick, and Charlie were true SF heros. IMO both got hosed by the very system they were trying to serve. Not cool. I also feel though that most of the hardcore heros we'll not find out about because they weren't there to become famous just to do their jobs, which is all they probablly ever wanted to do in the first place. The Army SF guys have tons or really stunningly heroic stories of self sacrifice and overcoming near impossible odds. To bad half of them never become widely known like they should.

force is not on the same level as the rangers its on the same level as the seals/devgru depending on what team you are on

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
The comparison between UK SAS and their Aussie counterparts is a little inaccurate. Aside from Brits, the bigest outside nation to contribute manpower at Hereford is men who have come from the NZSAS. There are stronger links between the two, weather that be from cross training exercises or from when the Brit's head over the NZ to participate in their tracker training course, which is considered the best in the world. The Australian SAS look to the US SF.

posted on Jul, 16 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralFSTF23

#1 Rangers
#2 Seals
#3 Marines
#4 Delta force
and then you got men in black sun glasses and suits with nothing but an "i can do anything and you can't stop me" badge.

I do hope that that is a joke

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
any one think i can join one of them?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join