It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most elite special forces?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:40 PM
link   
well, Grey Sock and the Echo boys aside...my vote is for the ISA. anyone agree/disagree?

and i think i was on marcinko's back with due cause. he wasted money and didnt play nice in the sandbox.

posted on Oct, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Marcinko was just trying to toughen us up a bit. you think the greys from zeti reticuli are going to go any easier on us? They may look small and skinny but they also have really nasty probes and other phalic things that I'm sure the greys are utilizing against the probe's manufacturer warranty. with a crazy foe like that I think we need someone even crazier to deal with them. thats where marcinko comes into the equation.

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
My vote goes to the USN SEALS with Delta coming in second. Right after them, in a very close third, would have to be the Superficial Friends.

[edit on 27-10-2007 by AugustusMasonicus]

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I gotta say the green and black berets, those boys are some hard core survivalist. When everything goes to # on earth, and all you got left is a knife in one hand and your dick in the other. Those boys will come out on top

posted on Oct, 27 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Well, this is an easy question to answer.

There can be no question. The most elite special forces in the world are SFOD-E, the Echo group. So unknown, so secretive, that no-one outside the group has ever heard of them. One full letter better than those crap SFOD-D Delta Force pukes. Way way better than your piker low-life SFOD-A types.

SFOD-E has to re-pass the Q every week. But that's not tough enough, so they have to do the 12 mile over hurdles. With a 75 pound ruck. On some of the jumps, you have to do a 360 spin and shoot 10 rings on 7 random pop-up targets with a side arm. Worse, it's a revolver, so you have to reload in midair for the last one.

Edit: I hear they're going to allow speed loaders next year.

[edit on 7-3-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

You're an amazing man. Hahahaha

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

I suppose I see what you mean. But he should've stepped aside when he was relieved by his superiors. And he didn't need to waste our money on all those Benzes.

However, I suppose it all comes with the rowdy, cowboyish, renegade, but ever so meaningfully professional character of being in a super-secret CT unit. Personally, I know the feeling. But I think I would have dismissed nyself with honor, knowing that my close friend and comrade Bob Gormly was taking my place. He was a hell of a SEAL and a hell of an officer, but his decisions later on in his career were unresponsible.

--My vote still goes to USAISA--

posted on Oct, 30 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I feel that he was one of the most ungraceful warriors we ever had as a nation, although one of the most effective. most seals I know which is only less than a handful don't like talking about him, sorta shun him but admit that he was a genius in battle and that they do study his tactics, which when no rules apply do work great.

In his defense they were going to give him some cars that would have stuck out like a sore thumb over seas. but you're right no need for a benz when a fiat will do.

As for his relationship with bob. From the way he talks about bob he wasn't much of a friend to him. bob was probably wiser that marcinko, and he too was an awsome soldier (bob did nearly loose his hand after it was blown off in the rung sat zone by an enemy bullet) But marcinko always thought that bob wasn't even close to his peer on the battle field (marcinko was premoted twice as fast as bob, but only for his prowess on the battlefield)

Marcinko never knew when to back down, and from what he describes of his childhood the only thing he ever knew was how to act agressively and how to be a hustler, not good with the admirals who would prefer a slightly more maleable, less soveriegn, individuel to maintaine ultimate order. marcinkos passion got out of hand and now he is one of those who failed the ultimate test for sf operators. discipline. he was more animal, crazed kid in an adults body, than a socialite and you are correct he never did learn to play nice in the sandpit. which is important too.

but, also when someone is grossely more talented than his peers at a certain skill it really is almost untolerable to be told what to do by those who really haven't got a clue nearly as well as the more talented person. i'm not a SF dude, but I am much more talented at my job than my coworkers (no offense to them.) I too have been promoted in 2 years to the same level within the company I work at that would normally take 10 to 12 years. those who have been passed over in promotion because I got it instead often try to make a witch hunt out of me, constantly waiting for me to screw up in the slightest. It's really hard for me to respect or honor my superiors that don't even understand the game, somehow fell upwards in their profession and basically got lucky to be where they are. I work in the record industry, my superiors make lots of money. lots and it's really disapointing to know that because they are financial idiots ( trust me these guys don't even know what a IRA or a 401K is, and they come to me and ask what mutal funds are all about.) that the entire industry handled by these people is completely collapsing. they just don't understand how the gamed is played.

I imagine marcinko had the same problem and feelings about the us military's command structure. The part I understand that he never got was that often times you need to keep your head down and not cause a ripple in the system you are trying to excell in. some times you do need to create a few ripples or a wave or two. marcinko only knew to create waves. how to achieve his goals only through brute force. he would have done a little better if he had read machiaveli or at least paid more attention to what he was reading. in his defense though he has admitted that he was wrong in his conduct back then and that he missed huge red flags due to his own ego and abrasive personality.

However was he correct for showing just how vulnerable and idiotic half of the security was back then and may still be. I say yes he did the right thing by embarrasing naval commanders and admirals into some form of action to fix a glaring problem. he was the real world, and unfortunantly the security of the us military at the time wasn't up to the real world. I have no idea if it is or not now, but the sf operators I know are still pissed as hell about the intelligence or lack of it that they recieve. miss-drops in the middle of the ocean apprently aren't that much fun.

Now the SF group you are mentioning as the best. I admit that I have no clue about them and I do like to be knowledgable about randome things. (other than my awful spelling) So are they better than my favorite detachement grey sock, and could you tell me a little bit more about them and basically what they do?

posted on Nov, 15 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I've heard that the most elite group of soldiers ever devised are the US Marine Corps Force Recon. Either them, the Navy SEALs or the SAS. It's between them.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by h3akalee

sorry for being off topic but i couldnt resist
hey you cant find the joke cause you are a coldass dude... do you compare the ancient philosopher aristofanis with english f@@ed- cold rooms jokes ???? haha

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
1) the topic started with a guy saying that the best elite team in the world has a invisib. costum machine. this is joke !!! anyone with a invisib. suit can do special ops.

2) u.s. seals and rangers and all that staff. all the american spec op. units have the help of satelites and laser beam indicator and all technology and fancy staff. i dont think that are tough enough without all that. you fought in vitnam and you lost . you fought in iraq and still you cant win although the billion of dollars you spent.you fought in afganistan and you lost. there are many afgany areas that no american leg has step on them.i love usa, i am not antiamerican but you dont have the best special forces.u.s. marines were the best in WWII , easy company and all that.

3) uk special forces now that is a joke !!! you fought in ethiopia and you lost !! in argentina your losses were great despite your say that win that mini-war. people know you from movies and books. you cant settle in iraq and a few gypsy with ak-47 (taliban) cause you a lot of problems

4) israely special forces ??? fought with who ??? women, children and old men !!!! in palestine, fought with unarmed citizens !!!! this is totally joke .

best special forces in my opinion regardless the way they apear ...

1) greek special forces. Z-MAK the most tough and 1st platoon "frogs" (my brother was in it). can you survive in a island for 3 days with NO equipment ??? they were eating raw fish !! for punishment they were drinking acid accompany with the head officer. in 70's there was an officer called thallasas which his name in greek means "sea", he was in the island of rhodes. in a night he swim 15 miles with a knive went into a turkish ground and cut the ears of 7 soldier there. he made a neckless with that. in hot episodes with turkish army one greek sniper with a HK-11 with a scope stopped a tank from the distance of 900 metre. (1800 feet) you know how ?? shoot all the telescopic glasses of the driver, when he opened the upper door because he couldnt drive he shoot him in the head,the tank was a leopard. in korean a company of green berret greek soldiers capture a hill and when the "japs" put some traps with nails and pits and all that we see in movies they were laughing because none of these tricks did damage.

2) russian SPETSNAZ all the hard training and bad contitions in training

3) german ss in WWII in france 19 people of them drive back american forces that were 1000 times the strength of the squatron

www.pbs.org...

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
sodom

The "Bordo Bereliler" from the turkish army.
It takes 3.5 years to become a "Bordo Bereliler".

48 weeks to become a navy SEAL.....
max. 65 weeks for a "Pararescue"

sodom

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Man Greece wth....

3 days people on tv last without nothing for 3 days.

Sas has the most challenging training program, which i think you'll find most of the special forces use.

Also about your survival guy check out chris ryan please....holds the current record being chased across a desert with nothing.

[edit on 8-1-2008 by Ionicdonkey]

posted on Jan, 12 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Devgru(seal team 6) or 1st SFOD-D(delta forces)

-1st SFOD-D best funded military unit in the world and most selective recruiting process in the world, it draws its ranks from current SF teams(green berets,rangers) so there pretty much all vets with experience, insane training and quoted as.."the Department of Defense's highest priority unit"..... Only 250 operators ready for combat which is INSANELY small for the size of the US military.

- Devgru(seal team 6) One of the best funded, as selective recruiting process as delta, better water capabilities, hardest military training in the world 26months minimum training(bud/s 6months + 6months of Professional Development Phase were they learn "critical skills required by the Task Units/Platoons" +6 months of Unit Level Training (ULT) which is another 6month phase where they train in core mission areas + last 6months of Squadron Integration Training (SIT)+ jump school which is another few weeks)

Throw in the US technology and these guys training they are untouchable by any other SF unit. also considering every other SF unit pretty much draws all its ranks from regular soldiers rather then other SF units like delta/ST6.

[edit on 12-1-2008 by zimzypoo]

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
Exactly your last point at the end !!MONEY!! strip down americas money to about the same amount as britain or any other country and you guys suck to be quite honest.You've already killed 4 of our guys in iraq from friendly fire.

So at the end of the day is this thread the core power of the sf or the equipment it uses to help them.

[edit on 15-1-2008 by Ionicdonkey]

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I never said i was american, i just read alot about military it really interests me, im not British neither, but as far as military goes the US has always had the best of the best in that area so there special operations units tend to follow suite, they are the best and always have been, read some of the old Vietnam missions done by the seals and green berets, its not the money they simply are the best in that area. I know my country isn't the best at Rugby so why argue about it just accept it.

posted on Jan, 16 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sorry chuckled at all ways have been.
Im not going to quote about the battles before america really had an army.
Fair enough everyones got different points no-one will ever agree on this topic.

posted on Jan, 17 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Australian and British SAS.

Australian SAS have been in Afghanistan since before the war started and we've lost one man the entire time. Says something for their survival ability and skill in combat.

posted on Jan, 19 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Well

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam

Originally posted by Amazon Lights
Sarcasm elevatedone, ever hear of it?

Actually, SFOD-E has been a long standing joke here, sort of like Chuck Norris jokes. Only we've gotten to where we can pull it off at customer sites.

Most people we do business with, the fun thing is to drop some accurately jargoned reference to it, then look embarrassed and say "never mind" or "I shouldn't have brought it up". You have to do it with a straight face.

The fun thing is we all know to back up each other's stories so if someone asks one of the other guys it's "Who told you that" with this real serious face, or "Dammit, Tom knows better than to discuss that...you're not cleared".

We've had brass call Tampa trying to find out who they are and why they didn't know about it. Very amusing.

The most fun is after a couple of us guys tell this junk to someone, denying it later just makes your victim more convinced he's onto something secret.

I'm starting to get new SFOD-E stories I haven't told so I'm pretty sure it's building critical mass out there somewhere.

i asked Ding Chavez of team Rainbow if they recruited him from SFOD-E and he wouldnt answer me, and hes a long time friend. its just not like him. makes me wonder.

But didn't SFOD-E really exist? In Vietnam there was units known as Echo Recon who were considered Special Forces. So that would come to SFOD-E. And its also pretty funny becuase why would they have alpha teams, bravo teams, charlie teams, and echo teams, but no delta team since the government denies deltas existence?

posted on Jan, 26 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by wsamplet

May be their motto, but….

Air Force FACs are normally the first in last out in most cases.

They don’t do a lot of shooting or looting, mainly because they normally work in very small teams and sneak around like snipers. Instead of shooting someone they call in airstrike, troops or even other SF teams to hit the targets. Then they wait around to make sure it’s all good then sneak back out to do it again.

Air Force Special Ops are not very well known outside of the military because they are a lot smaller then most the other and are trained to do more sneaking then shooting. There is also the fact that the AF HATES publicity, unlike most the other branches.

The only two movies in the past 30 years that has had approval of the AF to use real bases, people or gear was Red Flag and Air Force One. All the other movies showing AF units, planes or based was probably Israeli.

posted on Jan, 29 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
the one that you dont know about. its info is never released, its soldiers are unknown but they exist somewhere as numbers.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join