It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are the most elite special forces?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultralo1

Originally posted by BlueRaja

A- your first assumption(incorrect I might add) is that I've never served
B- my qualifications are from over 14 years active duty and operational experience.

What might your qualifications be if I may be so bold?

A- I said "IF you never served"
B- Lot of posers on this board, care to elaborate

2 Years active with ARNG mos 35G10. I am not HSLD, was not in combat and I am not a super secret ninja with mental powers.

It was just that the tone sounded like you'd assumed I hadn't served and that I should shut up. If that's not the case then that's cool. My first 4 years was as an anti armor infantryman in the 82nd Abn. I changed jobs after that to more interesting work, and have worked with other services as well as foreign military forces.

posted on Mar, 21 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
MSOB is the unit that has taken over for Force Recon on both coasts. That includes the FMTU, DA and the like. I couldn't tell you anything about us being accepted at BUD/S. The part of my post about none of it comparing to a Marine and his rifle was a side joke. Again I'm biased. I'm a 10 yr grunt(0352/0331/8531) who's been around the world once or so. As for the part about SF and SEALs being the same. Well I acknowledge the fact that they both have their own unique mission and capabilities. I also know that they can overlap. I've got friends almost every branch, and they all do a great job. One team, one fight. Semper Fi!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   
My buddy said that while they were in Bahgdad the SEALS were constantly watching the Marine Force Recon's back by taking out iraqies and insurgents that were constantly creeping around their base camp or whatever with area denying sniper fire. Said it was one of the few times that they got any decent sleep.

posted on Apr, 3 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
"nuclear dudes"...

Jesus Christ man..."nuclear dudes"

Come on...its the MILITARY...not Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back

We tend to have NAMES for organizations that are professional...and that entails not having "dude" in it...

...as for this whole argument...please...why do we even HAVE this one? No one will EVER know the answer to who's the best...

We don't even know who they are...

I'm in the Army...I KNOW Delta Force exists...but what ELSE does the Army have that I DONT know about?

There's no way to ever answer this question...

((Goes back to sleep))

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
i would say the most elite r the s.a.s (special air service) not secret but it doesnt mattr u dont have to be a secret to be good

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The SAS the most elite. Man, where have I been? I always thought Dog the Bounty Hunter and his team of mor...uhhh...his family, were the most elite fighting force and international crime stopping entity in the world.

Personaly I like KSK, GSG9. their pretty cool. But the original Red Cell team was probably the best ever even better than delta.

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
The S.A.S and the S.B.S i am from the U.K and have had my fair share of experiance's with these guy's.

They are totally realistic and you would not know them if they lived next door to you and hence earn my personal respect. They are not John.J.Rambo They are the next best thing.

I hold high respect for the american equal. (Black Beret and all)

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 26-8-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Aug, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
The SAS the most elite. Man, where have I been? I always thought Dog the Bounty Hunter and his team of mor...uhhh...his family, were the most elite fighting force and international crime stopping entity in the world.

Ok, no that is just downright silly.

Chuck Norris would kick Dog's butt.

[edit on 26-8-2007 by cavscout]

posted on Aug, 28 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I dont know, my father was a sniper in the navy seals for 20 years and he told me he has met some delta guys and said they were pretty hardcore, but if i had to choose between seal or delta force i say seal..but im being biased
i know i wouldnt want to be on the wrong end of my dads scope on his 700

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by hemi205
I dont know, my father was a sniper in the navy seals

Yeah, well Chuck Norris could beat up your dad too.

Seriously though, all things are relative. SEALs are real super tough, for sailors. Probably better trained than most conventional combat arms Army and Marines too. But next to most other un-conventional warfare troopers I don’t think they hold a candle.

Just my observations, I know it will piss off a few of you, and really I dont know for sure as I stayed as far away from water as I could; I don’t like boats or the sea.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:00 AM
link   
British SAS for combat and Australian SAS for recon. Navy SEALS are only regarded as tough because the rest of the American special forces are crap

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
British SAS for combat and Australian SAS for recon. Navy SEALS are only regarded as tough because the rest of the American special forces are crap

And thats a fact jack !

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Seriously though, all things are relative. SEALs are real super tough, for sailors. Probably better trained than most conventional combat arms Army and Marines too. But next to most other un-conventional warfare troopers I don’t think they hold a candle.

oh i agree and my dad has even said the same thing, ive grown up around the navy and the seals most of my life so like i said before im biased

BTW sorry if didnt qoute your text right im new here

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I think all special forces are good in their own way, but I think in most polls you would find that the British SAS is voted by more people to be the most elite, I know for a fact that they kicked some SEALS butts over here in OZ in a training exercise. Apparently its harder to qualify for the British SAS and Australian SAS than any other special forces in the world to. No disrespect intended to the Navy SEALS by the way

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think the American SF's benefit from excellent funding and equipment compared to groups like the SAS for example. But for experience, training,dedication and skill with what they are given, the SAS are hard to beat.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   
It really depends on who you ask and what they know.

SAS is good in some areas, seals, are the same. The US Air Force has some interesting guys. This is one of the very few times I'd even give the French a nod of the head and not even discounting the Russian Spetsnaz. China undoubtedly has special forces but nothing is heard of them, they may surprise many people.

It would be hard to say one group "is better" than another given specific circumstances.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Heres my take on things.

Just about all first rate SF groups grom any country that takes SF tactics seriously are pretty equal. Humans from the dawn of known time when put up against the "wall" become seriously insidiously and ruthlessly detrimined and efficient killing machines. from mongolians invaders. to todays current SF teams across the world. anygroup that tries or is pushed hard enough will get "there" as far as proffesionalism and efectivenes goes.

I've talked to friends that are SEALS, and guys that are in Air Force SF, and Marine SF guys that I've grown up with. they have all been honest with me when they say that they would never want to go up against another SF group from any first rate military period. full stop end of story. I've done plenty of late night drinking sessions with these guys playing the old game of. If these guys were to take on these guys who would win. even drunk their answers were always a sobering. if any of the SF guys went head to head it would be a very close call with a likelyhood of everybody on both sides getting wiped out. 100 percent loss on both sides.

they do have notible experiences with other SF groups though. I've been told that the Austrailina SF guys take their job very seriously. Apparently it's in the attitude not the money thats given to them to work with that makes the difference. Even the most hardened seals go into combat with rudimentry tools. the basic m4 kept very clean and great team work. Thye rarely if ever get to play with any neato "toys." It's the attitude that wins the day not the gadgets which aren't to be trusted when the actuall work needs to absolutely get done. old fashioned simple is what works.

Same guys have said on a few occasions that it's not the SAS )as good as they are) to watch out for in the UK but the Royal Marine squads that can really do the hard core ass kicking. I got this from a SEAL so he might be a little biased.

Marine SF guys have all the attitude to get the job done too. maybe more than others and they are newcommers in this game (relative to the SAS) but I'm pretty sure no SAS would ever want to mess with a US marine SF detachement. then again I'm sure it's the same from the Marine perspective. they wouldn't want to go against some SAS dude either.

I've been told that the Spetsnaz were seriously hard core too. but one thing you can't do is hold SF teams to their track record. cause Mr Murphy screws up ever op. nothing will go completley right, ever. SF guys have real limited control over what will and won't go right. storming a school and something goes wrong, innocents die, is not a mark against the SF team. Remember Delta got annialated when trying to rescue hostages held in Iran. not because they were the best, not because they failed to train hard enough, or operate with poor discapline. Mr. Murphy screwed them over. No one really knows how to measure the skill and ability to accomplish a mission in the SF.

One thing I can say for sure is that most of the SF guys I know are, sorry to say it ...pretty loopy. Post traumatic stress is a real mother.... Most of these guys in their mid 30's have seen so much horrible conflct in their tourd that they all barely pass their required psyche exams. the nightmares, stress with the family, and flashbacks are a serious reason to not get involved in the SF. they are just human beings in the end, and most of them recommend to the curious about te military to join the coast gaurd. most SF guys i know wished that they had made that decision back when they were 19.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Now for anybody who really wants to know what the best SF team is out there. read up on my first post in this thread. Everybody here knows about the greys and what they are doing on earth. the US military has gone into league with them and they have their own team of US SF to help them accomplish their real mission here on earth. all of these guys are recruited from Devgru and Delta, with some AF SF guys thrown in to boot.

Their job is very simple but complex at the same time. These SF guys walk around in broad daylight all the time in US cities. the bigger the city population the better for his SF team.

Back in the 90's there was partial disclosure about this group from an unlikely source. Someone from really high up in the US military approached the writters of the hit show Married with Children to do an episode on these guys. Remeber when Al bundy was attacked by greys? well that episode is very close to the truth.

you see the military has been helping the greys out for the last 25 years with a special detachement called. "Grey Sock" They are responsible for stealing the fule needed to power the antigravity ships that thye operate. The fule is ingenous in it multible uses. It can be used to continue the greys research on human DNA. It can be used as a powerful fuel in their reactors. The fule even posses the ability to ward of dangerous and prederatory animals on other planets across their galactic territory.

Operation grey sock is alive and still operating very insidiously. Nobody is safe from these operators and nothing will prevent them from accomplishing their mission. Next time you find one of your socks missing from the laundry, I highly recommend instaling a security cam next to the dryer to make sure that nobody is infiltrating your laundry room. missing socks can become cummulativly very expensive to the owner to be aware of this threat and take the precausions necissary to slow them down before it's too late and the greys have everything hey need to power their galactic space armada and re-initiate their war with the reptiliods who are the real good guys btw, using earth as the staging and eventual battle ground for their conquering pathololgical desires.

now that i have disclosed all of this info to you. please take the time to delete this post and shred any print outs you have of this post and send the shreddings to me via mail as proof that you have indeed destroyed this important top secret disclosure about the alien agenda here on earth.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ufia

Actually do a google search and see the goverment is openly developing suits that would make u "invisable" .True story.

And odds are if they openly admit they are testing it,then they already have it perfected.

And i say the SAS because they are the oldest SF team out there period.More expierence.

posted on Aug, 29 2007 @ 06:18 PM
link   
They may not be the most elite of special force groups, but I havent heard anybody talk about them here on ATS before. In the Cryptology field you can also be a Seal or attached to a seal team, we call those men DEVGRU.
They are usually seals with all the reg buds training etc. + they go through a Cryptological program approx 25 weeks long ontop of the rest of their training.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join