It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Phoenix...

That guy wasn't tased. He just got the Holy Ghost, and the Taser happened to be laying there as he was filled with the spirit.

Really, though, notice the black pig involved in this abuse, despite BH's efforts to racialize disdain of police.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I have been bitten by a dog. I am a dog person. I own 3 dogs. I know dogs sometimes bite. I don't hate dogs because of one or two bites, though.

Yes, I would be cautious, but I wouldn't hate dogs. And people are not dogs.

Listen, I have prejudices. I don't mean to say that they aren't a human thing to feel. I am prejudiced against politicians. People who wear suits. Car salesmen. The Bush administration. I am cautious. But that's a different thing than hatred. That's a different thing than lumping them all together and calling them all a derogatory name, discounting the good in the groups. (Although the Bush administration is questionable there -- Sorry Semper!)

But racism is a form of prejudice. It's a subset of prejudice. It's ignorance. You can be prejudiced against someone because they wear a cop uniform, because of their gender, because of their job, or the position they hold, OR BECAUSE OF THEIR RACE.

And to try to explain away a prejudice that involves hatred as ok, regardless what it's based upon, while fighting tooth and nail against prejudice based on race... just does not compute with me. I'm sorry.

These 'bad cops' you've experienced have a prejudice based on race and you're hating the whole group because of the bad ones. (Maybe not all of you, but I know some have expressed hatred for "pigs")

You know, do whatever you need to do, feel whatever you need to feel. I love all you guys, believe it or not. I see great things in each of you (I'm talking about truthseeka, Rasobasi and Phoenix) and it doesn't really matter what I think. I will think and say what I need to and you do the same. It's all good.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
To begin with, you ask me EVERY day I put that uniform on, to come to your house and die for you.....

No I don't. I never asked anyone to die for me. The one time in my life I ever asked a cop to come to my house (It had been broken into and some of my stuff stolen) they showed up....seven hours later. I can walk to the cop house in 15 minutes.
The next day I went to a couple pawn shops and bought my stuff back It still had my name engraved on it. No burglary arrests. No receiving stolen property arrests. Nothing but an hour of paperwork. Thanks.

We must be prepared to fight, attack, shoot, kill and die. That is our job

No it's not. Your job is to "protect and serve", although the "serve" part is long gone, and after-the-fact protection is no protection at all. Your job is to enforce the laws as written, not on the basis of some "good ol' boy" pick and choose system. The cop who gives someone a break because they were polite to him is not doing his job. Yes, at times doing your job requires you to fight, attack, kill and die, but if this bothers you, quit. The fact that you haven't tells me that you have no problem with fighting, attacking, and killing. In fact, you probably kinda like it. Oh, and isn't this what you're supposed to be fighting against?

In my 21 years, I have had numerous concussions, 3 stab wounds, one bullet wound, broken hand, fingers, burns to the chest and head. Why?

Because you like it to much to stop?

Because what I do makes a difference in this world.

Really? I think if you were making a difference, the crime rate would go down, and you'd be unemployed. Keeping crime going actually benefits you financially. Where's the motivation there?

That is why there is a need for people like me, men of violence.

If there were no men of violence we wouldn't need cops in the first place. That makes you part of the problem.

I am alive now because I am good at that violence

Practice makes perfect.

97% of all adult men have never been in a violent altercation in their adult lives. Of the remaining 3%, 2.5% have been in one two or three. Then there are those of us that have been in dozens and dozens, hundreds over the years.

Like muggers, crackheads, serial killers, etc.

Why?
So that you don't have to die.....

We all have to die.
This is the basic problem. Here you give yourself god-like power over life and death.
Give me a break!! Cops tend to put themselves on a pedestal, believing themselves to be above the common man. Doing "the job". "A breed apart". An "elite brotherhood".
That's crap! You're just average people who seem to enjoy having power over others and the possibility of a good dust-up every shift. You make your own rules about who the law pertains to and who it doesn't. This better then you mentality is the reason most cops join in the first place, and it's beginning to infect the fire fighters, too. I don't care what you do for a living, you're still just an average person. Not "a breed apart", not an "elite brotherhood". This is my problem with cops, that they think they're special somehow because of how they earn their living.

And where the
do you get off implying that I, or anyone else here, is not contributing to the community?? Because I'm not a cop, I'm just a leech, sucking off society and not adding to the betterment of life? Get over yourself, Semper! This is another prime example of the "I'm better then you 'cause I'm a cop" mentality, and, as stated earlier, this is crap.

This being said, the one time I was arrested (long ago) every cop I dealt with treated me courteously and with respect. I broke the law, they arrested me, I spent three days in jail, and then the charges were dropped when I donated $200 to the Sheriff's anti-drug fund. (is this justice?) The only negative dealings I've had with cops is being pulled over 5 times in 3 states for having Grateful Dead stickers on the car. Not speeding. Not swerving. Not drinking. Apparently they can tell you're a criminal based on your musical tastes. All 5 times they poked around the car a little, and sent me on my way.

I don't hate cops. I hate their better then you attitude.

edit: typos

[edit on 10-3-2007 by subject x]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
You DO know that phoenix is only half-black, right?

Yes, hon. I know a lot more about phoenix and raso than you might be aware of.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Ah, damn, X.

I voted for you way above, but it's not showing up. But I DID vote you way above, real talk.
Well said.

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

You DO know that phoenix is only half-black, right?

Yes, hon. I know a lot more about phoenix and raso than you might be aware of.

Glad you pointed that out.

This shows me you have an agenda then, with your REPEATED attempts to racialize dislike of police. Can't say I'm surprised, I'm afraid...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Glad you pointed that out.

This shows me you have an agenda

truth, the fact that someone is "half-black" is clearly far more relevant to you somehow than it is to me, as you continue to point it out. It's a non-issue to me.

The reason I have a discourse with phoenix and raso (and you, by the way) is because I "know" them from other discussions on the boards, many of them non-racial. We have U2U'd. We're "friends". If you need to make it about race, feel free. You're pretty good at that.

Like I said, think whatever you need to. But you're right about one thing. This thread isn't about me. Or you or phoenix or raso. Yet you keep going for the personal stuff. You're so cute.

Now, I have painting to do and I'd like to see this thread back on topic.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
As I've said before, I know that there are good cops out there. I've met 2. However, I do advise caution in dealing with police if you happen to be black, and live in the ghetto.

And so do I. We can agree on this.

Your continued efforts to intelligently and maturely communicate your point of view never cease to amaze me. Thank you!

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

And this level of awareness includes beating innocent people? Throwing someone who is handcuffed to the ground and punching them? Choking them? Awareness is one thing becky, assault is another.

Did I say that, Ras?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:13 PM
link   

And this level of awareness includes beating innocent people? Throwing someone who is handcuffed to the ground and punching them? Choking them? Awareness is one thing becky, assault is another.

Did I say that, Ras?

Yes, it happens. I know it does. I'm not denying it. It happens to innocents. But what I'm hearing from you is that it is never justified. I say, sometimes it is.

I'm also saying, there are channels and avenues that you can use to report cases of police brutality. They will be called to task. What else can we do? Put yourself in charge for a moment and think about it.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah, it wasn't you who said "what if someone said this about black people" practically every time someone said something about cops you didn't like to hear.

Oh wait, it WAS you.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Did I say that, Ras?

Yes, it happens. I know it does. I'm not denying it. It happens to innocents. But what I'm hearing from you is that it is never justified. I say, sometimes it is.

Typical becky here.

You DO realize you have JUST said it is sometimes justifiable to beat innocent people or punch and choke handcuffed, grounded suspects.

Wow...just...wow...

:shk::shk::shk:

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Did I say that, Ras?

Typical becky here.

You DO realize you have JUST said it is sometimes justifiable to beat innocent people or punch and choke handcuffed, grounded suspects.

Wow...just...wow...

:shk::shk::shk:

No, I didn't say innocents, ceec. I said that Rodney King, the stupid, drug-addled, fool that he was, got what he deserved.

Actually, he got less than he deserved. Dumbass. He even screwed up after that incident. Big, dumb, fat, stupid dumbass.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by jsobecky]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here are your words again.

In case you missed what you said.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
So what can a person do when encountering a 'bad apple' ? , here is a couple sites,
www.policeabuse.org...
policewatch.us...
www.copwatch.org...
if you encounter one of these guys there is no excuse for you to leave it unfiled, make others aware of these resources as well, combating this takes both you and me.
But like BH pointed out, for as many stories of corruption there is a story of a true hero.
And praise to Ras for being open and courteous even though he disagrees with much that is said in praise of cops.
And as for Semper, I dont see you on a high horse what so ever, you have a right to say what you do, heck you didnt even denie that there is crooked cops out there..

I would like to find more sites that are for or against the law enforcement, anyone with good suggestions?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Yeah, it wasn't you who said "what if someone said this about black people"...

Yes, it was me. I didn't post, though till page 6 of this thread. Race was brought into this thread from page one. And as I have said, when I see a double standard, I will call it out.

I see you simply cannot stay to the subject of the thread and insist on making every post personal about the other posters here. I'm a little uncomfortable with your fixation on me... but I guess I can understand it. What I'm saying makes sense and you don't want others to see that. You're not giving them enough credit, though, I'm afraid.

I have given my opinion on the subject of the thread and said what I had to say about it. So unless I see any more intelligent questions or statements addressed to me, I don't see any reason for me to expand further. My points are clear, I believe.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Yes, it was me. I didn't post, though till page 6 of this thread. Race was brought into this thread from page one. And as I have said, when I see a double standard, I will call it out.

And, as your keen observational skills certainly noticed, Ras, Phoenix, and myself spoke about cops and black people AFTER a white poster said something to the tune of "gee, why is it always black people that have a problem with cops?"

I'm a little uncomfortable with your fixation on me... but I guess I can understand it.

Only in BH's world am I fixated on you.

What I'm saying makes sense and you don't want others to see that. You're not giving them enough credit, though, I'm afraid.

As I recall, it was Phoenix who pointed out the flaw in your logic, i.e. equating dislike of police with racism.

I have given my opinion on the subject of the thread and said what I had to say about it. So unless I see any more intelligent questions or statements addressed to me, I don't see any reason for me to expand further. My points are clear, I believe.

Sure.
Which is why you started talking to ME in this thread.
I didn't ask you to say a damn thing; I was talking to others when you started in. Actually, I would APPRECIATE it if you said nothing else to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And to try to explain away a prejudice that involves hatred as ok, regardless what it's based upon, while fighting tooth and nail against prejudice based on race... just does not compute with me. I'm sorry.

Seriously, I think you are getting us confused. I never fought tooth and nail against prejudice based on race, as a matter of fact, I feel people can be as prejudiced as they want, as long as they don't try to legislate it, or force it on me.

To stay on topic, my hatred of cops is multi faceted, and is not solely based on the "bad apples" that everyone wants to continuously bring up, nor the many experiences that I have had with them.

The police are the enforcers of an unjust, racist, and corrupt system that is now responsible for incarcerating more people than the former Soviet Union.

We are now the only industrial western nation that regularly sentences people to death, some of which are children, and the mentally challenged.

We criminalize naturally occuring substances.

We have mililtarized the police force to the extent that average cops like semper here call us civillians.

We place cameras on streets to monitor citizens movements.

Right now I am listening to a police helicoptor fly over my pad.Sorry, I do not support that, nor anyone who does either, and I sure as hell don't support or even like that systems foot soldiers.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
Seriously, I think you are getting us confused.

This always happens. The only part of that post that was meant to be directed at you is the first couple sentences. Starting with "Listen" was directed toward anyone who would read it.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
To answer the question,

I worked in the "Projects" as Uniformed Narcotics for 15 years.

In all those years I never once,

1. Threatened to "Bitch Slap" a woman for something she said.
2. Ever actually struck anyone, much less a woman for something they said.

So I am at least one step ahead of at least one poster on here.

Oh and BH, Jsobecky anf FF,

This is all nothing new to me, no shocking revelations here; I have heard the same drivel from the same people all my professional life. Usually they get up, tell their mommies they are coming out of the basement where they live and get something to eat, then go back in their pajamas and write more insults about men and women like me.

I went back and read the entire thread completely again and. nope, nothing new at all. In fact it is exactly the same as I heard in the 80's.

I put myself out there, so trust me, I expected this and actually I am somewhat surprised that I am not getting slammed on a little higher level. It is slightly disappointing that they can not come up with somethig I have not heard.

I was hoping to get some material for my next class on integrity, but I will have to settle for what has been written here. Most of the rookies I teach will not know this is old, but I really really hoped for some new stuff.

Oh well....

Super Cop Po PO signing off.... I have a class to prepare..

Semper

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Damn, phoenix, you are ON IT!!

If I remember correctly, back when you had a different tag, you used to frequent the 9/11 threads. So, tell me, what do you think the pigs are going to do when they OFFICIALLY become military (as the American police state finally manifests itself)?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join