It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
So you are justifying your threat...

You are stating that it is perfectly OK to threaten someone as long as you follow it with "it was just in anger."

Does the fact that civilized man has had laws on the books for years called "Terroristic Threatening" not apply to you?

Following your line of thinking and your obvious propensity for the use of slang and insults, have you not just justified your actions because of anger? Does it not also follow that if faced with FF you would have slapped her and then justified it as well?

Shame

Semper (Super Cop and Po PO)

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
And becky, it was your support for Rodney's ass whooping, NOT your use of dumbass, that was disgusting. I'm quite SURE you wish you had one of those nightsticks wrapped around his head...ah well, enjoy your pipe dream.

That's disgusting? What was it you said in support of cops getting killed, ceec?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Semper,

I just wanted to stop by and give you my thanks for your service. I know there are some bad cops out there, but there are some really great ones, too.

Actually, a few years ago, I got stuck in a really bad storm late at night and got onto a very desolate road that was flooded. My car was stuck and I had no phone, but thank GOD that a police officer just happened to be patrolling and saw me wading through waist-high flood waters. He got out and risked his life to save mine. He sure didn't have to, nobody saw me there and no one would have ever known. Maybe if he was a bad cop, he wouldn't have stopped. But he did. And I might not be here if he didn't.

And talk about a thankless job...why do some insist on lumping this particular police officer with all the bad ones? What happened to judging someone based on their individual merit instead of what group they happened to belong to? What's that called again...

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Disclaimer: In many of the following statements, I'm taking quotes from posters here and making them about black people instead of cops to show a point. I DO NOT feel this way. I have used the word "Example" to illustrate when I'm just making a point.

I can't believe some of you guys hating on the police like it's not a group made up of individuals. You guys are the FIRST to cry racism when people say or think anything about blacks as a group, but since your personal experience supposedly tells you otherwise, it's perfectly ok to hate on cops.

For the love of christ will you quit with that crap already? There is a difference between being prejudiced- which is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. and being racist which is a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

So what if the cops are a group made up of individuals, so are gangs, are you going to tell me not to prejudge gang members next? The Nazis were just another group of people too, as well as the KKK, and guess what? I have no qualms saying that I hate Nazis or those in the KKK either!

[edit on 10-3-2007 by phoenixhasrisin]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 04:05 AM
link   

It most certainly does. If I'm reading it! And thanks for the Queen thing. Very few people realize my inherent royalty. Thanks, I'm flattered.

Queen? And here all along, we've been calling you the Goddess of ATS!

Why doesn't anyone let me know about these changes?!

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
See my white privilege thread about the bitch slap. You know, saying something out of anger ....

Actually .. what you said was that if we were together in person .. in real life .. you would have hit me. The ONLY reason you didn't follow through with your threat was because you were on the internet and not in a real life convseration. If we had been together it would have been more than just words. You said so.

And don't forget the fact that your anger was your own fault ... because you misinterpreted something someone said.

So you would have hit an older woman .. in anger .. because of your own misinterpretation .. instead of asking 'hey, what did you mean by this?'

As Semper said, this is the same excuse used by wife beaters and those who beat their children. It was 'just out of anger'. And those people always blame others instead of themselves for their misbehavior.

It's violence, pure and simple, without you taking personal responsibility.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
For the love of christ will you quit with that crap already? There is a difference between being prejudiced- which is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. and being racist which is a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

So what if the cops are a group made up of individuals, so are gangs, are you going to tell me not to prejudge gang members next? The Nazis were just another group of people too, as well as the KKK, and guess what? I have no qualms saying that I hate Nazis or those in the KKK either!

Interesting point, phoenix.

It's common for us to blur the terms, which admittedly can be related. However, they are NOT synonymous, as you have pointed out.

But, watch out, if you're racist for hating po pos, who are NOT exclusively white, you're DEFINITELY racist for hating the Klan and the Nazis, who ARE exclusively white.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I get back after a few hours and this has turned into personal attacks and off topic rants.

BH-

The difference between making generalizations against individual organizations and races is pretty obvious, and I think Phoenix stated it pretty clearly. When someone joins the police force, they do so willingly.

A good example would be the Crips. The initial intention in creating the gang was to protect the community from dangerous individuals. Eventually their numbers and armorment gave them enough power to do what they wanted without fear of retaliation from anyone, after all, they were the only gang on the block.

Semper, We've already established that police are different depending on where you go in the country/world. Is it so hard for everyone to believe that if you go to a ghetto, an officer is likely to verbally or physically abuse an innocent person? And, why is it wrong for someone to be afraid of people who carry guns and beat up people in their neighborhood? Just because you told me how great and benevolent you and your kind are? Well, forgive my caution and disbelief.

[edit on 10-3-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pink_Cola
I just wanted to stop by and give you my thanks for your service. I know there are some bad cops out there, but there are some really great ones, too.

Hear! Hear! Thank you, Semper!
I feel you are not only a good cop, but a good person. We disagree on many things, but as I know you, you are a man of integrity, which is more than I can say for many. Keep up the good work!

There's something wrong with the system that doesn't hold "bad cops" accountable for their crimes. But that's no reason to throw the real heroes out with the bath water. They're trying to operate within a corrupt system. Many are trying to change and fix the system. And those people don't deserve to be lumped in with the corrupt, selfish cops out there, any more than innocent, productive black people deserve to be lumped in with the criminals, wife-beaters and drug-dealers that prove the stereotype of black Americans today. They don't deserve it any more than good, loving, honorable men deserve to be lumped in with rapists and child molesters.

Without the heroes within the police force, it would certainly be something to be reckoned with. But when their efforts are COMPLETELY discounted, when they're lumped in with the thugs, they might just as well give up. They're doing the very best they can within a corrupt system. They have good hearts and are committed to doing a job for the people.

I know, for every "hero cop" story I could find (and there are MANY) where the off-duty cop chose to step up and risk his own life to "protect and serve" instead of remain safe -- others could find one where a bad cop hit a young black man for no reason. I'm not denying the existence of bad cops. They definitely exist. And their numbers are far too large to ignore. But the good cops are suffering under these judgments of cops as a group, and they don't deserve it.

And I just can't believe some people are so short-sighted to refuse to understand this, especially having experienced it themselves. :shk:

why do some insist on lumping this particular police officer with all the bad ones? What happened to judging someone based on their individual merit instead of what group they happened to belong to?

Indeed. Call it prejudice, racism, bigotry or whatever you want. It's ugly and preaching against one while embracing the other simply shows a great lack of integrity and honor. I'm sorry. To preach against racism and make excuses for prejudice and hating another group of people whose charter is to protect and serve, many of whom DO GREAT GOOD (not the KKK, gangs or NAZIs, for Christ's sake) is dishonorable and two-faced. And I cannot respect that.

Phoenix, some cops, many, in fact, are true heroes! And to compare them to NAZIs or the KKK... Well, I only hope you have some experience in your life that changes your mind. I honestly hope someday you need the cops and they're there for you. Because if you insist on judging based on your narrow experience, you're missing the whole point. What you have done by comparing the entire police force to the KKK and NAZIs is really incredible to me. But, if it's what you gotta do...

And no, I will not "quit this crap." It's what I believe. I will NOT judge the whole by a number of experiences, whether it be priests, cops, men, soldiers, blacks or firemen. And whether you call it racism, prejudice or bigotry. I refuse to practice it. I've been through that in my life and I learned.

Even if ALL the experiences I had personally had with cops were bad, I'm open-minded enough to know that there are good ones out there. I can read. I can see. And I wouldn't be so selfish as to close off my mind to the compassion that many of them deserve. So, no. I will not "quit this crap".

*BH steps off the soap box*

Originally posted by jsobecky
Queen? And here all along, we've been calling you the Goddess of ATS!

Why doesn't anyone let me know about these changes?!

Hey, Queen, Goddess, Your Majesty... It matters not to me.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Just because you told me how great and benevolent you and your kind are? Well, forgive my caution and disbelief.

Let me correct this. As I've said before, I know that there are good cops out there. I've met 2. However, I do advise caution in dealing with police if you happen to be black, and live in the ghetto.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Come on, Ras...

The first vid merely shows standard procedures used against suspects.

The second one shows a suspect CLEARLY attacking the officers first. He (much like Rodney King) got the beat down he deserved.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Phoenix, some cops, many, in fact, are true heroes! And to compare them to NAZIs or the KKK... Well, I only hope you have some experience in your life that changes your mind.

I honestly hope that you do not have any experiences like mine to make you change your mind.

I honestly hope someday you need the cops and they're there for you.

I don't, I have seen what happens when they are called. Like I said, I have never called the cops, and I have been in some hairy situations. I will rely on myself thank you.

Because if you insist on judging based on your narrow experience, you're missing the whole point.

No, it is you who is missing the point. Since you have been proven wrong that being racist, and beign prejudiced aren't the same things, whose derrogatory terms are used to represent two entirely different lines of thought you are now falling back on this tripe.

You do not know what my experience with the pigs have been. As a matter of fact, I have had alot of experience with the pigs, in many different circumstances, in many different countries even. I used to be involved with copwatch during the demonstrations that I frequented, I have seen enough thank you.

What you have done by comparing the entire police force to the KKK and NAZIs is really incredible to me. But, if it's what you gotta do...

What, were there not good decent hard working family men who belonged to the above orginizations? How dare you be prejudiced and bigoted and judge them based on their affilliation?

And no, I will not "quit this crap." It's what I believe. I will NOT judge the whole by a number of experiences, whether it be priests, cops, men, soldiers, blacks or firemen. And whether you call it racism, prejudice or bigotry. I refuse to practice it. I've been through that in my life and I learned.

You can believe what you want, just don't expect others to see your false analogies with the same rose coloured glasses.

Even if ALL the experiences I had personally had with cops were bad, I'm open-minded enough to know that there are good ones out there. I can read. I can see. And I wouldn't be so selfish as to close off my mind to the compassion that many of them deserve. So, no. I will not "quit this crap".

*BH steps off the soap box*

Good, now why don't you go back to my first post in this thread when I admitted that not all cops were bad?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixhasrisin
There is a difference between being prejudiced- which is an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason. and being racist which is a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others.

So, prejudice is a good thing? It's understandable, at least? It's ok if I have "an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason" against black people? Because that's different than racism, see... I'm just acting in ignorance, basically. And according to all of you who are trying to draw this great distinction between racism and prejudice, "acting in ignorance, without knowledge, THOUGHT or reason" is perfectly ok, right?

And here, I thought we were supposed to be DENYING ignorance!

Am I getting it now?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:38 AM
link   
BH,

If you are bitten by a dog, would you be so eager to pet another? And if you did pet another, and are once again bitten, how likely would you be to give it a third try?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Am I getting it now?

No, you are not

The definition states or without knowledge thought, or reason, that however, is not the primary component of the definition. The primary component of the definition is to judge beforehand. One can prejudge based off of knowledge, please read the dog analolgy, except insert snarling before dog, and I think it might be more appropriate.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Semper, We've already established that police are different depending on where you go in the country/world. Is it so hard for everyone to believe that if you go to a ghetto, an officer is likely to verbally or physically abuse an innocent person? And, why is it wrong for someone to be afraid of people who carry guns and beat up people in their neighborhood? Just because you told me how great and benevolent you and your kind are? Well, forgive my caution and disbelief.

Ras, I don't know what Semper's answer to your question will/would be, but I want to say that I acknowledge that an officer that goes into a ghetto has a different level of awareness and caution than if he had gone into a sleepy suburban community.

And I say, he should well be aware of the difference.

That's not racism, that's not profiling, that's commom sense. Why do you not understand that?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

It's ok if I have "an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason" against black people?

Keep those feelings rolling, BH.

You DO know that phoenix is only half-black, right?

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:48 AM
link   
And this level of awareness includes beating innocent people? Throwing someone who is handcuffed to the ground and punching them? Choking them? Awareness is one thing becky, assault is another.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:49 AM
link   

BH,

If you are bitten by a dog, would you be so eager to pet another? And if you did pet another, and are once again bitten, how likely would you be to give it a third try?

Hey, Ras...

That's a stupid analogy. It not like they're some saying like "once bitten, twice shy." Oh, wait, there IS.

posted on Mar, 10 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Here's some more bad apples for all of you.

Despite what some believe, you don't have to be black and in the ghetto to get abused by these thugs. Like I said before, people are fighting back, the cops better start to be careful because it's just going to get worse.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join