It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Doctors that Kill

Nurses that Kill

Here are two professions that have historically been as notorious as the Police, and yet not a word from you or anyone about their abuse of power...

By the way, Doctors kill more WAY more people each year then the Police..

Over 50% of all the violent criminals I apprehend give their profession as "Construction", are you as cautious around construction workers?

The lists go on and on..

One wonders if there is an agenda...

Semepr

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:14 PM
link   
No agenda, just personal experience. I haven't had health insurance until recently, but I'll keep an eye out for doctors too, and be sure to get a second opinion. And as for the construction worker thing, they don't go to work with a gun on their hip, or a taser, and a license to use deadly force when they deem appropriate.

The issue is that I don't trust someone who can judge that violence is necessary for a situation and not have that decision second guessed. I know it's a necessary part of the job, but as long as it's true, I'll try to avoid them and use caution around them.

Once again, no hate, no agenda, just the advice to use caution around the police. Would you disagree? Is caution not necessary?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
OK, Got me there...LOL

Caution is always advisable when dealing with anyone that is obviously carrying a weapon....

That and there does seem to be a LOT of misuse with that STUPID TAZER

When they first came out, Raso, I told my wife, "That is going to be abused" and sure enough....

No one in my Department is allowed to carry one, and as long as I am the Weapons Officer, that will stay that way...

But I will still argue that the VAST majority of Law Enforcement Officers are VERY GOOD people...

I know quite a few as you might imagine...

Semper

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Ok, Semper, I'll bite. Having done bedside care for 27 years and 90% of my friends are nurses by default, I can honestly say I've never seen/met even 1 killer nurse. I'm licensed in 5 states.

A crappy, uncaring nurse is immediately evident to anyone with even one eye open and that sort of attitude will usually get you weeded out while still in nursing school. No one convicted of assault CAN be hired to work in the healthcare profession. If you're even suspected of abuse, you will be blackballed.

As far as administration covering it up. HA! A nurse is sooooooo on her own if she just makes a mistake in documentation. Even a mistake that doesn't harm anyone.

The nurse mentioned in your link was not from this country so maybe killer nurses in other countries are more of a problem than here. In America, our biggest problem with nurses is drugs. We are subjected to drug screening before we are hired and randomly drug tested throughout the duration of our employment. If you fail a drug test and they don't immediately fire you, you are placed on mandatory drug rehab and your name is printed in the nursing newspaper that goes out to every nurse in the country.

Doctors are another story. Doctors prescribe drugs and misadventures with drugs kill a lot of people. Nurses are sometimes involved by not having the guts to confront a doctor who they know is giving a poor choice of medication, or too much, or by withholding a med that is usually a good choice but shouldn't be given this time, etc. It is always the nurse that fries for those mistakes, not the doctor.

I once confronted a Dr. that killed a patient because the Dr. was mad at me (for challenging their order). I ignored her new, grossly inappropriate orders, told her that she could write a stupid order but that I didn't have to carry it out and then stood vigil for an entire 16 hour shift practicing medicine without a license to save the patient. The day shift came on and chastised me for disregarding an attending physicians' order, noted and then carried out the order. The patient was dead in less than 30 minutes. I wrote up the Dr. and the hospital did fire her but she just went across the street to another hospital and is still in practice. I was told that I wasn't "a team player" and they scheduled me to work 2 16hour shifts every weekend for 2 years.

I have had total strangers (patients) grab hold of my lab jacket and beg me to kill them. My heart broke for them because I knew that they were genuinely suffering and death was preferrable to them. I never once offered to kill them-just alleviate to the best of my ability. Every nurse I've ever met has this same story. While we may have the power of life and death over people, we are not in the same position of authority.

Our role is more of a servant and not a master. The same can not be said of cops. The tools of our profession are geared toward helping and healing. A cops tools are for various levels of confrontation and takedown. We are trained to listen and get to the root of a problem even with physically violent, disrespectful, verbally abusive patients. Get disrespectful with a cop and does he listen politely, letting you vent your frustrations and then suggest ways to cope? Or does he throw your ass to the ground, cuff you, and then plant a bag of pot in your car? Get verbally abusive and you're going to jail. Get violent and you're dead.

I'm curious how many people on this board have had experiences with nurses AND cops? Which experience did you prefer?

An interesting side note observation: I have noticed that a lot of cops and nurses have relationships with each other. Those are 2 jobs where you're never really off duty and it seems to work out well for god knows what reason. (Never dated a cop myself). Most cops I know are decent enough people socially but if you want an instant a**hole-just add badge and gun.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:07 AM
link   
My Wife is a Nurse My Friend...

I was making an illustrative comment that there are other professions out there with people engaging in Criminal and Anti-Social behavior...

I was not intentionally "slamming" any profession, especially "The Wifes"

(I have to live somewhere..LOL)

Semper

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

As with police officers, the bad nurses are far, far outnumbered by the good. The only ones you hear about are the bad ones.

Semper really was not implying anything, other than maybe, your profession and his are often maligned for the actions of a few, rather than honored for the actions of the majority.

I don't want to put thoughts into his mind, but I think thats what he meant.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by seagull]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I have to agree with Seagull; I'm pretty darn sure that Semper was merely illustrating the point that your professional is one that is oft maligned because of the actions of a few bad seeds. My best friend is a nurse and I've always said if I want to really understand my medical needs I talk to the nurses. I have to say that the vast majority of police officers and nurses I've dealt with have been great but I've also had dealings with some who aren't so great. Every profession has it's bad apples.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Doctors that Kill

Nurses that Kill

Here are two professions that have historically been as notorious as the Police, and yet not a word from you or anyone about their abuse of power...

One wonders if there is an agenda...

Semepr

Now why would someone bring up the medical profession in a thread about cops, unless they were playing the 'see they do it too' card? Yes, there's an agenda , and it's the one you set when you started this tread.

Originally posted by semperfortis
By the way, Doctors kill more WAY more people each year then the Police..
Semepr

No doubt about that, which is why I haven’t been to a doctor in 15 yrs and have no plans to see one anytime soon. Not that I think many do it intentionally, western doctors just tend to be generally ignorant of nutrition, and too often are just pill pushers for big pharma.

Mod Note: Please Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors -- Please Review

[edit on 29-9-2007 by chissler]

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Semper, et al:
I understand that the experiences I've had with cops may not be indicative of how cops usually are but I have NEVER had an experience with cops that didn't leave a bad feeling for the profession. As I mentioned earlier, there's a lot of corruption at the local level here. It may be that other towns have a higher standard. I could easily rattle off at least 20 times I have called cops to "serve and protect" and gotten idiots who don't even know the law much less have a desire to enforce it.
I have a lot of respect for law in general and, by extension, those who have to deal with it. If only the cops, judges, D.A.'s, etc. I've met felt the same way.....

posted on Oct, 4 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
semper,

i can see what you are saying here buddy. i was in the military, a few bad eggs made it bad for the rest of us. i hate cops because of my hometown its the good ole bay system and quite frankly those few ruined your name for me sorry just the way it is. i will say that the cops in the town i live in now are a lot diffrent i even made a few semi decent drinking buddys out of a few of 'em. one helped get a 1028.00 fine droped for me, but largely my oppinion stays the same. sorry just the way it is.. i even had a few try to get me to join the force but two things stop me. my dept to this country is paid in full, i get a check for the rest of my life im 25, and i just dont like cops the cast majority ive met are dic$s sorry man just the way it is. ive never had the need to call a cop for help quess im lucky for that i hope it stays that way..

[edit on 15pmu92007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:37 AM
link   
[edit on 10/29/2007 by HeavilyArmed]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Semper,

First off I believe state and local law enforcement are under paid, over worked and caught up in too many politics. (Office, State, and Local)You have my respect for choosing a noble profession.

I deal with law enforcement everyday, federal, state and local. In my well earned position with more credentials than any any state or local officer I find that the "ego factor" gets in the way. I have protocol that requires me to take certain steps to do my job, and have been "dressed down" by more than one state officer in executing that protocol. In my line of work cops are more of a threat than the common person on the street, we know you are armed and tactically trained to use them.

Tell your fellow officers when they encounter us incognito individuals with US Government papers and told you are not authorized to know (after ID is shown of course) let it go, drop the ego, and show some professional courtesy.

If I hear "I'm a state officer and it's my business to know" one more time I think I'm going to puke. If were your business to know you already would. If you don't then your not supposed to. I have even encountered this type of unprofessional ism in your home state. Something else I hear a lot is "I have never in my (enter number of years of service here) seen one of you guys." Guess what your not supposed to. When your shown the proper documents, leave it alone.

I fall in a gray area as we are not sworn law enforcement, but we are badged, vested, heavily armed, sometimes uniformed, given federal reciprocity and have government security clearance to some degree. I don't know what causes these pissing contests between us, maybe its the pay scale, the authority, (ego i believe) but every time the US Marshals and DHS get involved the state cops loose. Several have gone to jail for interfering.

One final note here: You don't know all the laws, if you did you would be genius. When a USC is quoted to you and you don't know it, you better find out before you take action. Failure to so puts both our lives at risk.

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I think I have a feeling what the agency is (it involves nuclear materials) and for that reason I wont mention it but if I am correct while you dont have 1811 federal agent status like the FBI, ATF, USMS, etc you do have 1813 federal officer status like the US Park Police or the USSS UD right?

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavilyArmed

This is a very interesting post and it really makes me wonder about whose professionalism needs work.

If you belong to an agency that is so secret that no one knows about it, not even most cops on the street, it would be my position that it is you who should be patient with the "cop on the beat" who's just doing his job.

Recently, a news agency has been showing a cop questioning an escaped prisoner who tells the cop that he's no escaped prisoner, he's just a guy working on a nearby construction job.

The guy's so cool that he convinces the cop that the odds that he'd just run into an escaped prisoner are so astronomical, it'd be ridiculous to pursue the matter further.

It might not be convenient, but when confronted by a police officer, it is the responsibility of the one confronted to satisfy the officer's responsibilities.

Why aren't local officers informed that they might encounter those with unusual powers who will identify themselves by quoting certain United States Codes and will produce certain federal documents?

If your agency is so secret no one knows about it, you shouldn't be outdone when law enforcement thinks you're full of monkey dung when you tell them about it.

In this matter, professionalism goes both ways.

[edit on 2007/10/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 29 2007 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by HeavilyArmed

[One final note here: You don't know all the laws, if you did you would be genius. When a USC is quoted to you and you don't know it, you better find out before you take action. Failure to so puts both our lives at risk.]

Reminds me of an Ann Rynd quote.

"The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible to live without breaking laws."
-Ayn Rand

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

When given the proper documents and ID the questions should stop there.

More often than not they don't, and puts my security at risk.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

The "agency I work for" is not secret, in fact its not an agency. When I do encounter the police, several times a day, I immediately VOLUNTEER the proper ID and documents as I'm required. Only the method is unknown to all including law enforcement for all the obvious reasons.

posted on Nov, 2 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by HeavilyArmed

The "agency I work for" is not secret, in fact its not an agency. When I do encounter the police, several times a day, I immediately VOLUNTEER the proper ID and documents as I'm required. Only the method is unknown to all including law enforcement for all the obvious reasons.

Why all the mystery, the law enforcement jargon, the drama?

You're just a repo man, right?

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

No I'm not a Repo man, to divulge my profession would cause me to loose my job. It's not all that secret, the job that is, but the method is unknown for security reasons both to the public, the government, and my other clients. Please leave it at that, Thanks.

posted on Nov, 5 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Amendment 9 - Construction of Constitution. Ratified 12/15/1791.
The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

caselaw.lp.findlaw.com...

Helpful information regarding Citizens Arrests: www.constitution.org...

Making a Citizens Arrest (A how to): www.wikihow.com...

I only hate officers that belief their "Blue Books" trump the U.S. Constitution and I especially hate officers that lie, deceive, and manipulate, while either on duty or off duty. I hate the Constitution and Bill of Rights are not apart of the officers POST training and that officers are trained that it is OK to lie to the very citizens that they serve, just as long as they do not lie within their pseudo wall of blue. I hate that officers are trained to shoot to kill, rather then to initially shoot to disable and then shoot to kill if that is not effective. I hate that officers are only acknowledgeable in basic law principles and trained in the belief that the MIC is needed, when in fact it is the government itself that is causing the self-perpetuation of criminal activities. There is no thought outside of the spectrum of gathering charges and making the arrest, there is no healing, no consultation, no alternatives (that are actually viable), no redemption, no help offered to the offender, just the catch and release. Law enforcement has in essence, itself become a huge profit generator, nothing more (in complete and utter disregard and contempt of the U.S. Constitution).

Most of all I hate officers like these: The Cover Up, Oregon Uncovered: The Fouad Kaady Report (PDF)

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join