It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2007 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I would like to share a couple of experiences I've had with our local Sheriff's Department. When my daughter was about 7 we lived in the country and had our house broken into; the deputy who responded was there within 10 min of the call; of course nobody was there but no way could Mom convince her of that. The Deputy asked her where she wanted him to look to make sure. That very kind man checked under beds, in the attic and under all the bushes and in the barn to make sure it was safe. I'll never forget his kindness to a small scared girl. I called the Department the next day to complement him.

In 1995 we had major flooding here in the valley and we were evacuated twice. The second time I was at work when my sister called to say the dam was in danger of being breached and they had to get out. I was immediately relieved and went home. Just about 5 miles from home I was stopped at a road block and the young deputy wasn't supposed to let me pass; I explained to him that my daughter was up in the danger zone and I HAD to get to her; he said ok but you have to promise me that you'll be back in 1/2 hour or less. In the following hours those gentlemen along with the fire department and volunteer fire department risked their lives protecting not only lives but property. When we were finally allowed to go home my daughter wanted to take the deputies that were manning the road block some dinner so we did. We delivered a huge bag of food to them put together by a 9 year old so it was heavy on sweets and chips; once again they were kind and gracious to a little girl who wanted to thank them. As a point they had not been off duty in 24 hours and were wet, hungrey and cold but at no time did I ever see them behave in less then a professional manner.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Bravo, semperfortis, bravo. I think this is the second best officer rant I have ever heard. I think that people just do not realize how hard our job can be.

posted on Apr, 15 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Welcome aboard Brother!!!

Glad to have you here..

Need anything give me a U2U..

Semper

posted on Apr, 17 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
My opinion on this matter

LOL a Policemans job hard? LOL thats just too funny.

But I guess some people just have a different idea of hard work.

to each their own.

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Miishgoos

Then I`d say you have not put yourself in their shoes for the many scenario`s that police have to be in and deal with.

Its not all about apprehending the bad guy and filling out paper work while eating donuts.

It wouldn`t be easy being in an abulance service either and most often police have to see and deal with what they do and see,being first on the scene.With heart breaking senario`s that they would wish they never had to see and as often as they do,but someone has to do it.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by gps777]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Miishgoos. You, quite obviously, haven't a clue what it is police officers do. Gentlemen like Semper, and the others on this board who are law enforcement officers; lay it on the line everyday to protect and to serve. No they don't tote that bale, or catch fish in Alaska; yeah, they get to drive a cool looking car with cool flashing lights; but occaisionally, just occaisionally they are required to step into harms way. With little, or no effort, most of us can call to mind dozens of occurances where these men and women were all that was between innocents and really bad people.

A little, no make that alot, of respect is do them, because they've god damned well earned it.

Don't spew anything about bad cops, because while there are bad cops out there, there are dozens, perhaps hundreds of others for every bad one, who are concientious servants of society.

OK. Rant over...back to our normally scheduled thread.

[edit on 18-4-2007 by seagull]

posted on Apr, 18 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I've never liked the old bill myself, that was up until the July 7th bombings, working in Covent Garden at the time I saw a lot of them on duty trying to calm everyone down etc and I must say my respect for them increased infinitely, made me realise how they put their lives on the line for the general public, even those who have disregard for others. Since then i've always made sure I try to convince people differently if they are negative about law enforcement officers, their jobs are a lot harder than mine that's for sure!

posted on Apr, 19 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
My Opinion

A Policeman's job is not all about apprehending people and filling out paperwork? LOL I forgot they like to harass motorists, stop people for no reason and let them go with no ticket or explanation, steal drugs from evidence andc sell them again and much more.

It wouldnt be easy being in an ambulance service because Ambulances help people, and Police arriving at heartbreaking scenario's LOL how is a policemans heart going to break if they dont have one? LOL

signature
FRIEND FOE profile posts send u2u
copyright
seagull
SUMMERKING
FOE OF WINTER

Mood: Happy go-lucky
Member is offline.

ATS Points: 4592
BTS Points: 363
PTS Points: 17683

Ignore this user (info)
ignore

Vote for this user (info)
way above

posted on 18-4-2007 @ 12:39 PM (ID:3125637, Post Number: 3,025,747) single this post "quote"REPLY

Miishgoos. You, quite obviously, haven't a clue what it is police officers do. Gentlemen like Semper, and the others on this board who are law enforcement officers; lay it on the line everyday to protect and to serve. No they don't tote that bale, or catch fish in Alaska; yeah, they get to drive a cool looking car with cool flashing lights; but occaisionally, just occaisionally they are required to step into harms way. With little, or no effort, most of us can call to mind dozens of occurances where these men and women were all that was between innocents and really bad people.

Who asked the Police to protect and Serve? and do they even protect and serve in the first place?

Well if Police have to step in harms way they shouldnt complain it's part of their job and I'm sure their not concerned with a person doing steelwork falling off a building, alot of jobs put a person in harms way but we dont see people giving them needless respect.

People can recall dozens or occurances where Police stepped in between bad people and innocents? maybe in bizarro world LOL

You have to show respect to gain respect in turn, Police may not have heard of the golden rule in school and no they definently have not earned any respect.

Don't spew anything about bad cops, because while there are bad cops out there, there are dozens, perhaps hundreds of others for every bad one, who are concientious servants of society.

All of them are bad cops due to the Blue wall of Silence, if they really want other people to rat out they should do so themselves.

Anyway thats my opinion

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Another tale of mistrust for you all.....

Story Here

real threat to society there......nothing like gunning down grandma and planting drugs to cover your butt huh ??

Mistrust.....says it all.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   

My opinion on this matter

to each their own.

My father joined the RCMP after getting out of the Navy and I'll tell you their job is DAMN hard. You've never seen anything like coming home and seeing the tough old bastard(300+ lbs) that is your father weeping, literally weeping, into his hands at the dining room table because he had to scrape a child off of the highway. Dealing with rape victims, children that are abused, etc. They are human and these things affect them. Their jobs not hard? BS!

As to the accounts of bad cops, sure there are rotten cops, there is bad in anything. However, and I've was around cops most of my young life, MOST of the cops aren't like the few examples posted here.

posted on May, 1 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Intrepid. You know its probably pointless to argue with that particular poster. He's trolling for intemperate responces, much like mine above, or yours.

The police have a job that is thankless, very often dangerous, and almost always thankless. Everyone is looking to catch them messing up, but almost never notice the very real good that they accomplish with little or no fanfare. Despite my own encounters with cops in love with their power, I still have no reluctance in calling them at need. I know, not hope, that the vast majority are decent hardworking men and women, who do indeed live up to our expectations.

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
This is my opinion

Seagull I am not trying to "troll for "intemperate responces" that would mean I am trying to cause trouble on the message boards when in actuality I am just telling people of how I think the Police really are.

Yes Police have a job that is Thankless because theres nothing to thank them
for.

Nobody has to look to catch a cop messing up they do so all the time.

The Police dont accomplish any good? I dont understand where you would get the idea that they do good?

I wouldnt call them ever because who needs the Police?

in my opinion your hope is misplaced.

intrepid this is my opinion

Well I guess a few things the Police do are hard such as:

- Eradicating Inuit sled dogs to force the Inuit to move into settlements.
www.cbc.ca...

- Bothering some sundancers protecting their land
en.wikipedia.org...

- Leaving First Nations people outside city limits to die
en.wikipedia.org...

-conspiring to keep an innocent man in jail
en.wikipedia.org...

Killing Native Protestors
en.wikipedia.org...

"Smear campaigns are our specialty.", Peter Montague, RCMP and Chief Media Relations Officer for BC Solicitor-General 1

All Police are conspire with eachother in the blue wall of silence which makes all of them bad.

So theres my opinion

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
The police have a job that is thankless, very often dangerous, and almost always thankless. Everyone is looking to catch them messing up, but almost never notice the very real good that they accomplish with little or no fanfare. Despite my own encounters with cops in love with their power, I still have no reluctance in calling them at need.

Unfortunately, many people in certain communities can't risk calling them. There's too much of a danger of the police assaulting them, arresting them on minor, or trumped up charges, or simply ignoring them.

I believe the majority of dogs are nice and polite, but would I pet one that's foaming at the mouth?

posted on May, 3 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

intrepid this is my opinion

Well I guess a few things the Police do are hard such as:

- Eradicating Inuit sled dogs to force the Inuit to move into settlements.
www.cbc.ca...

- Bothering some sundancers protecting their land
en.wikipedia.org...

- Leaving First Nations people outside city limits to die
en.wikipedia.org...

-conspiring to keep an innocent man in jail
en.wikipedia.org...

Killing Native Protestors
en.wikipedia.org...

"Smear campaigns are our specialty.", Peter Montague, RCMP and Chief Media Relations Officer for BC Solicitor-General 1

All Police are conspire with eachother in the blue wall of silence which makes all of them bad.

So theres my opinion

OK, I'm going to try to look at this from an outside perspective.

Member 1 provides a personal account of what the police are like. Agrees that there are some bad cops. Not an absolute statement.

Member 2 provides info that he found by Googling and Wiki'ing to suuport his case. Say all cops are bad. An absolute statement.

Looking at this from the outside which one am I more apt to take with credence? Hmm, that's an easy one.

BTW, this is just my opinion.

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 06:27 AM
link   
I don’t hate cops. Not even the ones that harass and attempt to intimidate me on an almost daily basis. Nor the half dozen or so that have perjured themselves in court against me. Not even the ones who laugh in my face when I try to report a crime committed against me. Crimes they know for a fact have been committed. I do despise and loath these criminal traitors to the constitution however. I also pity them, because most of them actually believe that by committing evil they are doing good, and don’t realize that they are being lied to in order to get them to carry out the dirty work of the politically powerful. They don’t understand they are part of the beast system, and will spend eternity with their evil masters in the lake of fire, something I try to impart to them whenever I’m on the side of road being harassed. Most cops are good people, unfortunately it only takes a small percentage of bad ones to get the beasts business done.

edit for sleep deprivation induced mistake

[edit on 6-9-2007 by resistor]

posted on Sep, 6 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
real

Originally posted by semperfortis
A lot of us don't arrest for Pot....
I along with a lot of my more experienced colleagues, believe that Marijuana should be legal; controlled but legal....
Semper

I always found it funny(?) that the people I arrested could get pot any time of the day, any day of the week. But when I got off duty at 00:01 Monday, I couldn't buy a beer to save my life! After a while, I realized what a joke the drug laws are. This is also one of the main points of contention between cops and a lot of communities: "Why are they hasslin' me for havin' a bud?". In my opinion, the drug laws (as they are) exacerbate tensions between law enforcement and many communities, thus making the real problems worse.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lay off the cops every one, i live in the UK and im considering joining the Police, police carnt be every where but they do try, i think there doing a great job considering the problems there constantly facing.

ProTo

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ProTo Fire Fox

But they kill elderly women in wheelchairs with tasers, and kick and beat handcuffed women, and give old women bloody noses for not watering their lawn.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Raso,

What do you do for a living?

Are there any "Bad" people that do what you do, or is your profession miraculously free from corruption?

Any people that do the same job own, carry or use handguns?
Any that have committed a crime?

Exactly

Every profession including those professions that have MORE power and control than Officers, have bad elements...

The constant whining and complaining and posting of instances without overt action to correct the problem....??

Well you can fill in the rest..

Semepr

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Throughout this entire thread my stance has been caution. I'll advise everyone I know to use extreme caution when dealing with the police, or any other "authority figure" who has a license to kill you. Sure there are bad elements in IT, but those bad elements aren't able to taser someone to death, or beat them senseless while doing their duty as an officer.

Caution Caution Caution. I can't stress it enough.

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join