It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 23
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Worth a watch...

Crazy 911 Calls

Semper

I was listening to Bill O'rielly...

I want my dollar or my taco!

Beeatch

[edit on 16-3-2007 by LostSailor]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

My opinion is that the guns and the laws are not the problem. The violence-worshipping culture of the US is the problem, but that's a whole 'nother issue, as they say.

But of coarse BH thats 100% correct,though violence will never be stamped out,guns can be for the most part and would go along way to fixing an amount of problems citizens and the police have to deal with daily in the US.

It would not mean say James wouldn`t have gotten shot,but the chances would be extremely unlikely.

In most cases here, if you haven't done anything wrong and you cooperate with the police 100%, there won't be a problem. Refuse to do what they say, smart-mouth, run, do something stupid..............

Its the same here,you dont have to be a cop to see someone suspicious,so I can imagine if I were an officer and questioned someone and they were uncooperative it would raise suspicion and I`d have to be more forceful,though here, the threat of them having a gun would be virtually nil.

I'd wager most people who have had bad experiences with the cops were either guilty or didn't cooperate.

Though I`m sure some people dont cooperate because they are tired of being seen as guilty where there not.

That's not to say that innocent people don't sometimes get hurt by the police, but more times than not, I'm guessing there were other circumstances they either aren't willing to admit or aren't aware of.

I`ll go with "more times than not",sure.

But not with the last sentence.Police do get it wrong to varying degree`s from minor to massive I`d bet a lot,can`t imagine they would disagree to that either,though police are privy to opportunity, laws and privileges the public dont (not saying here that should not be) and can be taken advantage of and seen as the norm also,by either police or public.

For example the Mods here,overall its great and necessary, though sometimes they get it wrong,you cannot take the me out of a position,but bias and mistakes happen.Does that mean I hate all mods,no,I dont hate any mods or police,I might hate the bias or mistake or maybe where they couldn`t admit fault.Fortunately for ATSer`s when they get it wrong guns are not involved and lives are not a risk,though it feels like it to some, it seems.

I can only imagine the mayhem if all members were given or allowed ban buttons and expected we used them responsibly,comparing this to the US its citizens and guns.

Many many Americans would fight like a madman to hang on to that right like it was a matter of life and death.To those I`d say come here for a holiday and see that its a bonus to not have them.

[edit on 16-3-2007 by gps777]

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gps777

My opinion is that the guns and the laws are not the problem. The violence-worshipping culture of the US is the problem, but that's a whole 'nother issue, as they say.

But of coarse BH thats 100% correct,though violence will never be stamped out,guns can be for the most part and would go along way to fixing an amount of problems citizens and the police have to deal with daily in the US.

It would not mean say James wouldn`t have gotten shot,but the chances would be extremely unlikely.

I would much rather citizens have gun than not. The citizens that have legal weapons rarely cause problems. 90% of the weapons used in the commision of a crime are stolen or illegal. We had a big problem with MAC-10's in Danville.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by JamesMcMahn

I would much rather citizens have gun than not. The citizens that have legal weapons rarely cause problems. 90% of the weapons used in the commision of a crime are stolen or illegal. We had a big problem with MAC-10's in Danville.

I`ll hazard a guess at MAC-10 being a gun.

Stolen from who James? people with guns?

Illegal? not registered?

Brought into the country by the black market?

Its so ingrained you think its normal for everyday people to have weapons as lethal as guns.Its bazaar to other other people.

If the Australian government made a law which stopped us going to the beach and wear thongs (type of shoe hehe) I guess we would feel the same as a lot of Americans losing their right to a gun.

But hey you were one guy here that I thought would see guns and your laws of ownership as a negative on your selves and your country.

All the best with it and I mean that.

posted on Mar, 16 2007 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Illegal? not registered?
Brought into the country by the black market?
But hey you were one guy here that I thought would see guns and your laws of ownership as a negative on your selves and your country.
All the best with it and I mean that.

We have a huge problem with weapons that are being brought into the country illegally, the people that legally own their guns are usually very responsible people. I have been saved by a citizen with a gun, I was responding to an alarm, the person robbing the store had an AK-47(a type of machinegun) and I only had my service weapon. I was badly out gunned and a citizen that was driving by had a 30.06 rifle in his back window, he stopped and dropped the guy. I was saved because of a citizen having a gun.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Good for you and those that helped you James.

But do you have any idea how messed up that all sounds to an outsider?

I`d laugh if it wasn`t so shocking.

If you get tired and on edge and need a break from it.Come to Australia for a rest.

P.s leave your guns there.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Good for you and those that helped you James.

But do you have any idea how messed up that all sounds to an outsider?

I`d laugh if it wasn`t so shocking.

If you get tired and on edge and need a break from it.Come to Australia for a rest.

P.s leave your guns there.

I went to Sydney, Australia when I was in high school. I was in the People to People Student Ambassador Program.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I actually teach a class, off duty for extra money, called; "Responsible Concealed Carry for Civilians."

It has been a big hit so far, they like it that I am an FBI firearms instructor and come out and teach them.

I LOVE the fact that more and more states are adopting GOOD concealed carry laws and allowing more honest citizens to follow the 2nd Amendment...

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:23 AM
link   
There are actually some towns in the US that require most residents to possess firearms.

www.cnn.com...

archives.cnn.com...

It's hard for me to understand the thinking of other countries that oppose our 2nd Amendment right. Guns are a fact of life, and it would seem to me to be prudent to acknowledge that fact, understand it, and work with it. To think that laws that deny you the right to defend yourself are somehow protecting you is very dangerous, imo.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 03:25 AM
link   
It is the traipsing through the fields of daisies reference I allude to all the time....

Yeah, it would be wonderful to live in Dorthy's land of OZ, but we don't and we have to be realistic and adapt to our present environment if we are to survive....

That is the REAL inconvenient truth...

Semper

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Many many Americans would fight like a madman to hang on to that right like it was a matter of life and death.To those I`d say come here for a holiday and see that its a bonus to not have them.

Can I just chime in quick?

I'll keep my guns, thanks...

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is the traipsing through the fields of daisies reference I allude to all the time....

Yeah, it would be wonderful to live in Dorthy's land of OZ, but we don't and we have to be realistic and adapt to our present environment if we are to survive....

That is the REAL inconvenient truth...

Semper

As we are all aware 9/11 occurred and by something as simple as box cutter knives.

Because of which from that point on anything that could be used as such a weapon was banned from airlines,that is reality,and something was done about it.

Why do something about it in this instant and not for the greater well being of your country.

How absurd it would be if they made it mandatory for everyone to be armed with box cutter knives when flying,instead of stopping the weapons.

Its a sickness, one I`m sure not all Americans suffer from,yet they are forced to suffer from it.It definitely wont solve all your countries problems, but its a place to start.

Anywho its time to get back to enjoying gps`s land of Aus.

[edit on 17-3-2007 by gps777]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

As we are all aware 9/11 occurred and by something as simple as box cutter knives.

Yes, if guns were banned, 9/11 would still have happened. Even if boxcutters were banned, they would have used exacto knives or anything with a blade. HOWEVER, if there had been armed air marshalls on each plane or even an armed citizen, (the official story of) 9/11 wouldn't have happened.

Its a sickness, one I`m sure not all Americans suffer from,yet they are forced to suffer from it.

It's not a sickness.
It's an opinion. And it's a basic right of American people. And no one is forced to be armed, so no one is forced to suffer from anything.

There's a current thread about firearm ownership here:
Hands off my Weapons!!!

[edit on 17-3-2007 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It's not a sickness.
It's an opinion.

That was used too flippantly on my part oops
,but its a sickness in some definitely,their obsessed with them,which is a sickness.

The fact countries need military and nukes is another sickness.The reality is the more people with them the more chances there are of them being used,who`s the judge on who`s right.

We had a madman shoot a lot of people in Tasmania which brought about tough gun laws and gun control about 10 years ago.It must have seemed the end of the world to some people here at the time as well.

And it's a basic right of American people. And no one is forced to be armed, so no one is forced to suffer from anything.

A couple of posts up,jsobecky states that its required for most in some parts.

Yes for the most part this discussion is better off there, cheers for the link,I brought this up though being on topic, from what I can see as one cause to contribute to cop hate.But the benifets, not just for cops.

I know this sounds like Dorothy to a lot of Americans though,thats weird imo.

posted on Mar, 17 2007 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Criminals will always attempt to defend themselves and claim that they're innocent, it's nothing new, but the only thing criminals are really sorry for is being caught...and that's what cops are good at, catching them in the act. So...like I said before....most people that hate cops are simply criminals.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
Criminals will always attempt to defend themselves and claim that they're innocent, it's nothing new, but the only thing criminals are really sorry for is being caught...and that's what cops are good at, catching them in the act. So...like I said before....most people that hate cops are simply criminals.

I'm not sure I agree with that, although I understand what your saying...

Criminals as a whole are probably the largest group that have the most to fear from officers of the law. I also think those raised in households where criminal behavior is the norm, learn dislike from their care givers. They are perhaps not actual criminals, but they have derived their hatred in the same manner, from fear....

I ran into this quite often teaching the Anti-Drug classes in the schools...

Semper

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   
Semper:

I am comforted by the knowledge that good men like you are out putting your hide on the line to protect and defend people. Keep up the good work Sir!

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I don't think it implies that they are criminals. I think it is a combination of not trusting the individual, and not willing to take responsibility for our own actions. Some members have expressed their overt distrust for a possible corrupt police force. Personally, I've despised police on many occasions for my own wrong doings. I received a $272 fine for speeding a few weeks ago, and I felt it was a complete joke. However, after a few days I realized that I was wrong, and ultimately it was I who was to blame. Once I was willing to take responsibility for my own actions, my disdain towards this police officer was overcome by shear embarrassment.

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I know this sounds like Dorothy to a lot of Americans though,thats weird imo.

What does that means?

posted on Mar, 18 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   

What does that means?

sorry James

It was in reference to Semper`s post where he compared other`s who do not see it as he does as likened with"Dorothy and OZ"

Considering that Aus in Australia sounds like OZ and I`m anti-gun that makes me Dorothy from OZ.

And my weird comment is that its weird to me,because anyone would be seen as weird to you because we`re anti-gun.

Which from my previous post was

Anywho its time to get back to enjoying gps`s land of Aus.

[edit on 18-3-2007 by gps777]

top topics

<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

join