It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So You Hate Cops

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well, Semper, looks like some people hate cops and some people don't.
Imagine that! A variety of opinions on ATS!

CSIfan, I have had the same problem.

I'm not Semper, but it sounds to me that you're just reacting to some who acted in evil ways.
And I agree with you. Cops who abuse their power and commit crimes are the lowest of the low. But you don't hate the ones who were "sweethearts" to you, do you?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
Amazingly, in every instance, the complaintant forgot (?) to mention the fact that oh say... they bit the Officer before they were clubbed, or that, oh yeah, he did have a knife and say "Come and get me #%$#%", before he was maced, and so on...

Yeah, like when they say

"I'm a Cop" (i.e. the shooting of Police Sargent Cornel Young Jr.)

or

"I'm reaching for my wallet" (i.e. the shooting of Amadou Diallo)

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Yeah, like when they say

"I'm a Cop" (i.e. the shooting of Police Sargent Cornel Young Jr.)

or

"I'm reaching for my wallet" (i.e. the shooting of Amadou Diallo)

Yeah, those are good examples all right, you changed my mind. As a matter of fact, I read about a local physician that was sued for malpractice--I'll never go to a doctor again, they're all quacks! And further, a local plumber was arrested for theft--never see one of them in my house again! I suggest you adopt the same philosophy. As a matter of fact, if and when you are a victim of crime, don't call the police (they're all violent thugs), just handle it yourself.

[edit on 13-3-2007 by passenger]

[edit on 13-3-2007 by passenger]

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
As a former Police Officer, I just had to weigh in on this one.
The problem is that in almost every instance of Police commiting "felonious actions", the allegations are based on the testimony of the perpetrators themselves---certainly not a biased opinion?!
Second, most of the reports are published in the media in order to sensationalize the event, and as anyone who has worn blue can attest: half of what you read in the paper is a lie and the other half is just plain wrong.
I myself was involved in numerous incidents where "brutality" was alledged. Amazingly, in every instance, the complaintant forgot (?) to mention the fact that oh say... they bit the Officer before they were clubbed, or that, oh yeah, he did have a knife and say "Come and get me #%$#%", before he was maced, and so on...
Amazingly, in almost every instance, despite the "victims" twenty previous convictions, he was only in the act of doing some noble and charitable works (at 3 a.m. outside the closed coin-op laundry) when the Police just beat him down, for no good reason.

That is the most annoying thing in the entire field of criminal justice...frivolous lawsuits.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:37 PM
link   
*my bad, I was on someone else's computer. For some reason, I have to log in separately to access pts. CSIFan, as far as I know, has not made her first post yet, so I wouldn't want to take her 'first-post thunder.' And, if you're still here, BH, that was me in your thread too*

Semper, I have a problem with cops. I don't call them pigs, but I do have a problem with them.

In my own personal experience, having been both a victim and a perpetrator, they've always been absolute sweethearts. I was robbed on the train once, on my way out of town, and a kindly older police officer gave me some money, out of his own pocket. That was nice.

However, I'm a black woman. They want to sleep with me, not shoot me. (Not an exaggeration; on-duty cops have tried to get my phone number, on many, many occasions.)

I have a problem with them shooting and killing unarmed, defenseless black men.

What say you, semper?

Am I a 'cop-hater'? Or am I simply reacting to their felonious actions?

It's not enough to say, those are bad apples.

They're murdering innocent people and getting away with it.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I feel you there with the damned lawsuits. I've been supoenad twice last year and depositioned for a whole friggen day. Lots of fun. And these were devorce cases, and one stupid lawsuit that one single client is envolved in.

Enough with the lawyers. Duces tectum this, Ad justica whatever, just let me go back to my damned ATS and stop asking me to send over some damn file from 1992. Get some annoying paralegal to do the research I'm busy irritating my fellow ATS'rs.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Also, I've had a female officer stop for some BS reason,She even admited it. and then proceded to ask me what I was up to later on that day, and then asked for my phone number. She was in her 30's I was in my 20's. She was sorta hot, I was all about it.

Went on a few dates. She got what she wanted

Me, I'm just happy to not have done something stupid or divulge too much info to criminate me. Had to be on the ball the whole time. Sorta stressfull.

Do cops run into this problem that people don't want to date them for fear of having their secret vices discovered.

Are cops cool and don't judge their partners or boyfriends/girlfriends by the same standards they hold for themself. Any cops out there that could answer this question?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
Do cops run into this problem that people don't want to date them for fear of having their secret vices discovered.

Are cops cool and don't judge their partners or boyfriends/girlfriends by the same standards they hold for themself. Any cops out there that could answer this question?

Yes, it can sometimes be hard to date people, they are afraid of doing something illegal. I am not one to bust someone off duty unless they are doing something terrible.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Well I never dated anyone that I met on duty, but I was sorely tempted to ask several times...

Just not a good situation to get into...

And I was single all those years. Well except for raising my daughters...

HH,

Sorry, but you are better than your last post....

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! COPS ARE KILLING EVERYONE!!!!

Ridiculous and not worthy of a reply..

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I never dated anyone I met on duty either I am sorry if it sounded that way.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Not at all JM....

It is a fact that Cops in general are subject to the attractions of the opposite sex...

One of the Perks/Troubles??? with the J.O.B.

I was single through my entire first career and enjoyed every minute of it. Being SWAT and a Sniper to boot, the hours did not facilitate a permanent relationship. Then I made Sector Supervisor, of course still in the projects, so there was even less time.

Yet I have known many good solid married cops, my current partner is and has been married for 18 years....

Again, the profession is filled with all kinds of men and women...

As you know...

Semper

ps. How do you like my new Avatar?

S

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:14 PM
link   
The new avatar is awesome. Do you make your own avatars?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Absolutely....

I even made one for one of the top 3% in intellect in the country..

That I am proud of... LMAO

Semper

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   
The topic of woman bashers was brought up (off topic I know) but to be on topic with that subject I`ve seen many a of those American Cop shows.

Even if a man was to grab his wife/girlfriend in a domestic dispute,to the police it has turned physical,the man will go to jail,no question about it.But I`ve also seen on that show where a few harmless women pulled their hand away from a police officer to then be thrown on the ground with their arm twisted up their back with a knee to the back of the neck,forcing their face into the bitumen.

Where its blatantly obvious these women were harmless with no intent of violence,they would have gotten in the back of the police car willingly if asked or told they were under arrest.The only real problem was never expecting to be man handled in such a forceful way.This can also be for a man as well.

I`ve seen a woman on video tasered in a police station for nothing only being verbally disruptive on google video I think?.

The worst offense I saw on on that Cop show perpetrated by the law enforcement officers was a so called domestic dispute.A man and a woman had recently had a child together and were watching a movie,in the movie homosexuality was brought up,this led to the father saying if his child showed these tendencies he/she would be chastised,the mother didn`t like that and they had an argument over it (not violent) she went upstairs (he thought to lay down) and rang the police because he was against homosexuality,the police came,a woman police officer took the woman aside and spoke to the mother,leading her and talking her into leaving her husband and taking the child,saying to her that in nearly all cases like this the mother ends up with the child and thats what she should do for her own safety.

Even the mother admitted there was not even a threat of violence to her or their child!

If these blatant crimes of over the top actions by police officers even make it onto the TV for all to see,how many more or worse gross abuse`s of power happen that we dont see?

There is so much I disagree with as far as law enforcement as I see it in the US.But police officers in these type of cases are doing what they are told most of the time,where a cooler head and judgment is necessary for the good of society.

It seems as though the government have an agenda ,so my main distrust is not always toward the person but the uniform and badge these people represent.

Personally I have known people who were corrupt before becoming a police officer which didn`t stop them being corrupt they used the added
power to their advantage.

I also know decent people who are police officers that are frustrated when they have to do their job where they disagree with the system or law they have to enforce.They are the good ones.Government agenda`s play a big part in most of the hate.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
Sorry, but you are better than your last post....

What is that supposed to mean? I shouldn't care? Police are advocating apathy to criminal activity, now? Wouldn't that do you out of a job?

RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!!!! COPS ARE KILLING EVERYONE!!!!

That's funny to you?

How can you be so flippant about murder? What is wrong with you???

Ridiculous and not worthy of a reply..

And you wonder why people hate you? I bring up police officers murdering civilians in cold blood, and you find it 'ridiculous'?

You know, for someone whose job requires that they carry a gun, I would expect a little more maturity from you. Really.

[And, actually, you did reply.]

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:37 AM
link   
HH, Please show me proof the police are rampant murdering INNOCENT people...

And please stick to the EXACT definition of ...

1. Murder
2. Innocent

That is all I am asking...

I have a television on the news channel 24/7 and I must have missed this tragedy all together...

And PLEASE no one here is talking about the isolated single individual; it has already been established that police officers are exactly like everyone else and that there are bad and good ones...

There are bad people that murder, there are bad cops that murder. I have money to bet that the percentage of police per capita that commit murder is FAR below the % of citizen per capita that commit murder,,,,

I'll have that exact statistic for you tonight..

And I did not think my statement was any funnier than yours...

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Oh yeah,

No ...

Read the thread...

I in no way, shape or form WONDER why people hate the police....

Criminal Psychology for 4 years

Basic

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Semper I want you to check this out.

SWAT

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Thanks JM,

I'll jump in tonight after work...

Semper

posted on Mar, 14 2007 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
And PLEASE no one here is talking about the isolated single individual; it has already been established that police officers are exactly like everyone else and that there are bad and good ones...

And it has been concluded (at least by me) that there is no room for error when choosing officers. If someone is killed by a "bad apple" the entire dept. is at fault for choosing this individual as an officer, and allowing him to carry a gun, for not properly training the individual once the first bad decision has been made, and, more often than not, allowing him back on the street after such incidences.

There are bad people that murder, there are bad cops that murder. I have money to bet that the percentage of police per capita that commit murder is FAR below the % of citizen per capita that commit murder,,,,

That's because after the fact, the "murders" by police officers are not classified as murder. They are called "shootings", or "accidental death as a result of...". This is usually because of that blue wall that protects anyone carrying a badge. They can't have an officer indicted for murder, it would be too much for the dept.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join