It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Captain America DEAD!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
[Edit: Title change from "Captain America Spoiler."]

I doubt anyone can avoid this news anyway, it is being reported in every major news outlet.

Captain America is dead.

After close to 60 years in print, Marvel Comics has killed off Steve Rogers, aka Captain America, one of its most famous and beloved superheroes amid an already controversial story line, "Civil War," which is pitting the heroes of Marvel's universe against one another.

In the comic series, Rogers was to stand trial for defying a superhero registration law passed after a hero's tragic mistake causes a 9/11-like event.

Steve Rogers eventually surrenders to police. He is later mortally wounded as he climbs the courthouse steps.
edition.cnn.com...

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 8/3/2007 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I'm sure there's a metaphor in there somewhere.

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
(start sacasm) You know what this is? It is a consppiracy by the U.S. Government to have an excuse to go to war with Iran! It will be revealed that it was an Iranian terrorist bent on bringing down America by taking out one of it's most beloved icons, when IN FACT it was actually a secret S.H.I.E.L.D. operative working on orders from the White House to make it LOOK like Iran was behind this! (end sarcasm)

Okay seriously now, I'm gonna bet that Stark hunts down the sniper and shows him an whole new meaning of PAIN! At least I hope that is what happens.

So does this occur in issue #7 of Civil War, or a new Cap. comic?

posted on Mar, 7 2007 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MetalSphere
So does this occur in issue #7 of Civil War, or a new Cap. comic?

Captain America #25, which is in stores today.
I have some extra info and images on my blog.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 08:20 AM
link   
IT has been a day and if Captain America #25 hasn;t been spoiled for you yet you must live under a rock.

I'm going to change the title of this thread from "Captain America" spoiler to "Captain America DEAD!"

I wanted to respect readers and not spoil the issue but Marvel decided to market this issue out to the media and they ran with it. News of Cap's death is being covered by every major news outlet. Comic shops are selling out of Captain America #25 and regular collectors can't even buy the issue.
It is great that those who don't normally venture into comic shops have taken intrest in this issue but it has been at the fans expense.

posted on Mar, 8 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It seems to me that Marvel figured with all the attention that they recieved with the Civil War that they should keep the ball rolling. Personally I don't think I have ever seen any comic books get as much attention as the aformentioned.

posted on Mar, 9 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:02 PM
link   
i'm going to miss the old winghead, he was a true american and a symbol for us all.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Check out Marvels next move.

Is this the new Captain America?

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I had a hunch that they might do that.

I just read Civil War 7 on Sunday, so knowing Cap was going to get shot, and seeing the panel where the Punisher grabs his mask, kinda got me thinking.

But also, and I am not sure if this happened before or after Cap #25, but in Civil War: the Initiative, Ms. Marvel tells Arachne that Cap isn't dead. That they still had him on life support, or something of that nature.

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Yeah Civil War: the Initiative is after Captain America #25.

Marvel has issued a statement regarding Ms. Marvel's comments.

forum.newsarama.com...

Comments from Ms. Marvel in this week’s Civil War: The Initiative, which seemed to indicate that Captain America is still alive, and being held prisoner by the Pro-Registration forces may not have been exactly what they seemed on the surface, and events related to those comments will play out in upcoming issues of New Avengers.

So, yes, Captain America, Steve Rogers, is dead."

Sort of sounds to me like some one screwed up and Marvel is trying to cover it up with a twisty plot.

posted on May, 29 2007 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Captain America was my favorite team leader of the famed Avengers. I am still shocked and dismayed that Steve Rogers is dead. Comics will never be the same again. There is no hope for the world now.

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
so...
how long until they bring him back? or at least A captain america...
i mean, there was that business about the tin bucket fascist (guess which side i was on...) trying to get the newly ressurected hawkeye to assume the identity of cap... but then an encounter with his successor as hawkeye changed his mind.
and we already have the punisher donning a new costume reminiscent of cap's

think we'll see someone else take up the shield?
or do you think marvel is going to bring him back... again?

posted on Jun, 4 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
think we'll see someone else take up the shield?
or do you think marvel is going to bring him back... again?

I was thinking they'd get Hawkeye or Winter Soldier to become the new Cap.
All I know is that there is still a Captain America comic book so this story must be leading us somewhere.

posted on Jun, 7 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
I was thinking they'd get Hawkeye or Winter Soldier to become the new Cap.

hawkeye turned it down (though he did try out the costume, saying that holding the shield was "like diddling your best friend's wife") and he's now taken on another mantle (i think it's ronin)

and soldier is working for fury... so unless he steals the shield he won't be the new cap.

All I know is that there is still a Captain America comic book so this story must be leading us somewhere.

or not, marvel's done some pretty insane things in the past....

new topics

top topics

join